Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P+ Lost signal 4 meters away!!!
659 17 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Hi everybody!Before I describe my problem, I'll let you know my drones specs.
Phantom 4 Pro Plus (used no warranty), controller with built in display. latest firmware and fly safe database
Built in display controller with latest firmware and flysafe database.
Temperature: 60 F,
Wind: 5 mph, gusts 10 mph

Yesterday I took my drone out of storage, charged my batteries from 50% to 100%, let them reach opertaing temp, turned on, checked for updates (pre flight outine), and began a test flight in beginner mode to make sure everything was in working order. About 5 minutes into flight I began taking ictures and noticed they were not saving, so I cycled through video recording and back to picture taking and still nothing, so I checked the gallery by clicking on the icon with the play button at the lower right hand side of the built in screen and to my surprise I got a message that I had lost signal. Naturally I got scared and moved closer to the drone that was about 4 meters away and still no signal, so I moved the sticks on my RC and I still had control of it but no video transmission, I lost GPS conection, video transmission, and RC signal on the sreen, I landed my drone exited out of the DJI 4 app. and regained GPS, Video and RC signal on screen. So I tried what went wrong again and lost everyting again except control of the drone. I'm not well versed in diagnosing problems in my drone so any solutions or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
20180722_165221.jpg
2018-12-10
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your cable may be bad.

The upper left,  will say "DISCONNECTED"   if you lost video and all readings.......but still have RC control.  This is usually a bad cable connection.  Was it in the least bit damp where you stored the equipment?

Randy
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day ChavaLozVi. We are sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, could you read the current aircraft and controller firmware when connecting with DJI GO 4? You may check it from here: DJI GO 4>General Settings>About. Make sure the firmware is matched, then you may restart all devices and link RC again to see whether it works. Also, for the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to download from the corresponding product page: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-12-10
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-10 11:18
Your cable may be bad.

The upper left,  will say "DISCONNECTED"   if you lost video and all readings.......but still have RC control.  This is usually a bad cable connection.  Was it in the least bit damp where you stored the equipment?

Nope. I always run a dehumidifier in the room where I store my drone
2018-12-10
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 12:07
Hello and good day ChavaLozVi. We are sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, could you read the current aircraft and controller firmware when connecting with DJI GO 4? You may check it from here: DJI GO 4>General Settings>About. Make sure the firmware is matched, then you may restart all devices and link RC again to see whether it works. Also, for the DJI Assistant 2, it is recommended to download from the corresponding product page: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!

Hi DJI Stephen here are my Software Versions:
DJI App: V 4.2.16
Aircraft: V 01.05.0600
Precise fly safe database (aircraft): V 01.00.01.12
Precise fly safe database (App): V 01.00.01.12
Basic Fly Safe Database: V 01.00.01.09
Remote Controller: V 01.04.01.00

As I described above I did a software check before the test flight.

2018-12-10
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

Screen captures. Just in case.
Screenshot_2018-12-10-17-28-42.png
Screenshot_2018-12-10-17-25-35.png
2018-12-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could be an aiming problem.  You're busy taking pics and fooling around with galleries, so you inadvertently point the controller at the ground, the out-going signal is aimed down, hits the ground, bounces up off the ground and cancels the weaker direct primary signal.  All your AC senses is noise, so it disconnects.  Read about potential fresnel zone half-phase-shift wave-sync problems here under the polarization heading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone

Good luck
2018-12-10
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-10 17:32
Could be an aiming problem.  You're busy taking pics and fooling around with galleries, so you inadvertently point the controller at the ground, the out-going signal is aimed down, hits the ground, bounces up off the ground and cancels the weaker direct main signal.  All your AC hears is noise, so it disconnects.  Read about potential fresnel zone wave sync problems here under the polarization heading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_zone

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
I'll try again making sure my RC's antenna are pointed at the drone and I'll attach it to my harness.
2018-12-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2458156 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChavaLozVi Posted at 12-10 17:44
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
I'll try again making sure my RC's antenna are pointed at the drone and I'll attach it to my harness.

Aloha Chava,

Be sure you have the latest security updates.  You just took your Phantom out of storage and for months now we are getting the "Ignore or Update" option for the security updates.  I always update mine and my friend usually chooses "Ignore" to put it off until he has time to do it.  Well, finally he ignored it too many times and what has happened to you sounds very much like what happened to him.

I updated his security database as part of finding out what was his problem - instant fix!

You really should check the three "Check for Updates" on your screen capture and update them.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-12-11
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

Hi thanks for your advice. I checked for updates before I flew the drone. And all were up to date.
2018-12-11
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

ChavaLozVi Posted at 12-10 15:55
Screen captures. Just in case.

The probably answer is in your screen shot above.. mobile phone interference warning.
2018-12-11
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

Mark Weiss Posted at 12-11 11:21
The probably answer is in your screen shot above.. mobile phone interference warning.

Hi Mark!
The screenshot  I took was a day after I flew. I Don't fly with my mobile hotspot on because of this interference. I only use it for checking for software updates when I turn on my drone.
2018-12-11
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

The interference isn't from your phone. It's from the environment. Radar, broadcast towers, industrial equipment etc.
2018-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 12-20 21:58
The interference isn't from your phone. It's from the environment. Radar, broadcast towers, industrial equipment etc.

Rubbish, none of those things cause interference, that's just urban myth. The most likely culprit will be a strong WiFi presence close to you, probably in your house.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mavic_Timo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773025 ft
Albania

Geebax Posted at 12-21 01:29
Rubbish, none of those things cause interference, that's just urban myth. The most likely culprit will be a strong WiFi presence close to you, probably in your house.

It's because the pro PLUS controller is connected to his WIFI to check for updates.

And as the message says, it causes problems at 2.4 GHZ when both connected to the drone and to a WIFI at the same time.
I switch for updates to 5.8 GHZ and don't get the message then.
2018-12-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mavic_Timo Posted at 12-21 01:41
It's because the pro PLUS controller is connected to his WIFI to check for updates.

And as the message says, it causes problems at 2.4 GHZ when both connected to the drone and to a WIFI at the same time.

Yes, also very likely the reason.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-21 01:29

Nonsense. I often fly with my phone set up as wi-fi hotspot so I can stream live and I don't get interference like that. There is likely something else that is the cause, very strong, out of band interference that desensitizes the radio front end in the Phantom or its controller.
2018-12-23
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.4

Mexico

Mavic_Timo Posted at 2018-12-21 01:41

Hi Mavic_TImo,
That screen cap I took was about two days after I flew. I was connected to my homes wifi.
The first thing I do before putting on the propellers is check for software updates. If none I disconnect from my wifi network or mobile hotspot and continue.  When I was flying I was disconnected from wifi or mobile hotspot.
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules