Focus pumping
1433 13 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I ordered one, but I am not that sure anymore when I see the youtube reviews in regards of not only focussing fast enough but especially the
annoing focus pumping what ruins every video when the Osmo Pocket tries to get a sharp video image when focussing from near to far objects.

I also think it's a shame that there is no Bluetooth (little to none battery consumption) integrated. It would have been great to have a little remote hardware button just to start recording
without using the mobile phone (i.e. when riding a motorcycle or bicycle).

I really hope this issue will be sorted with the next update. I would even be happy if the Osmo Pocket could be setup with fixed focus if needed.

Best regards
Alexander
Munich
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Alexander. Thank you for sharing this information with us today regarding the DJI Osmo Pocket. The best thing I can do is to forward this thread to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product and it's accessories. If you have any other concerns of suggestions. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If it’s yt videos your worried about, many more positive videos on YT, sometimes it’s a lot better to see how you can create with it yourself.
Bluetooth will be available with WiFi connector, battery is 140 minutes 1 hour to charge, remember you get approx 17mins from your Mavic Air, so you would need approx 8 batteries to take as much footage with that.
If you got a combo with MavAir you could use a battery with small converter to recharge while using Osmo Pocket .
They say there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Good luck with your OP.....;+)
2018-12-10
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 13:08
Hello and good day Alexander. Thank you for sharing this information with us today regarding the DJI Osmo Pocket. The best thing I can do is to forward this thread to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product and it's accessories. If you have any other concerns of suggestions. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.

hello
please send again a reminder to r and d department as I encounter same focus issue , also with latest fw update . unusable footage
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_5rx4oqCw2Z9S
lvl.2
Sweden

I to have this strange focus problems. And it renders my videos UNUSABLE!
Please DJI, fix this asap. I bought this for my company, but i cant work with the materials it delivers. Please DJI, fix this
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_PRlaYE8TMMXn
New

Palestine

I have same problem.. And thats annoying.. And no meaning now to capture any video by it
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_PRlaYE8TMMXn
New

Palestine

Exact same problem with focus pumping
2019-2-22
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

By focus pumping do mean this.   --->

check out my video and tell me if this is "focus pumping". I thought maybe I was just moving my hands too close to the Osmo Pocket.
2019-2-24
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

Bing Err Posted at 2-24 15:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPlusmY1Ns
check out my video and tell me if this is "focus pumping". I thought maybe I was just moving my hands too close to the Osmo Pocket.

Maybe there are two faces identified by FD detection that cause AF pumps. I think  the af pumps should be reduced  a very little by next FW update.

If the LOG of this video can be provided, It wil help us to make osmo af better. Shall you provide the LOG?
2019-2-24
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

zu1 Posted at 2-24 17:05
Maybe there are two faces identified by FD detection that cause AF pumps. I think  the af pumps should be reduced  a very little by next FW update.

If the LOG of this video can be provided, It wil help us to make osmo af better. Shall you provide the LOG?

I'll work on providing the LOG. Yesterday I thought the Osmo Pocket died because it wasn't turning on or charging, but turns out I was just using a broken USB C cable. So now that I know it's functional again I try to get the LOG. Any steps on this?
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bing Err Posted at 2-25 17:46
I'll work on providing the LOG. Yesterday I thought the Osmo Pocket died because it wasn't turning on or charging, but turns out I was just using a broken USB C cable. So now that I know it's functional again I try to get the LOG. Any steps on this?

Hi Bing, sorry for the troubles with Osmo Pocket, please export the logs in SD card which can be found in hidden files: MISC/LOG/camera_log.log+gimbal_log.log Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can download for the further analysis, thank you in advance.
2019-2-25
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-25 18:58
Hi Bing, sorry for the troubles with Osmo Pocket, please export the logs in SD card which can be found in hidden files: MISC/LOG/camera_log.log+gimbal_log.log Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can download for the further analysis, thank you in advance.

Ok, well the logs from this video are probably gone then. I can reshoot something and when it happens again I'll save the logs. I always reformat my SD cards after I download my footage so most likely these are not recoverable.  Next time I guess. Thanks for the info.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bing Err Posted at 2-25 19:16
Ok, well the logs from this video are probably gone then. I can reshoot something and when it happens again I'll save the logs. I always reformat my SD cards after I download my footage so most likely these are not recoverable.  Next time I guess. Thanks for the info.

Appreciate your assistance, look forward to your update.
2019-2-25
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

Bing Err Posted at 2-24 15:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFPlusmY1Ns

Me too. It is too anoying. Osmo pocket will be much more perfect if no pumping. I hope
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules