Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi,

modified the RC with pigtails and high gain antennas and setting RC at 2.4 GHz I can easily reach 2.8 - 3.0 km of range.

I’m wondering this: setting RC @ 2.4 GHz, sets video downlink only or even RC commands?

Thanks.
2018-12-10
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Nobody knows?
2018-12-11
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

The question is simple:

when manually switching to 2.4 GHz the wifi video settings, the remote commands, switch to 5.8 GHz? And viceversa?

2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the late response. We will confirm this query with our team for further clarification. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-12-16
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 13:47
Hi, we do apologize for the late response. We will confirm this query with our team for further clarification. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Late and late and late...is it so difficult answering this question?
2018-12-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 12-19 07:27
Late and late and late...is it so difficult answering this question?

on a technical basis, it is possible to split the connections, and wouldnt violate Wifi standards.. but do not count on DJi actually doing it sadly, hell they could even implement channel hopping into Wifi but they dont.  :/  

they haven't even added in uplink vs downlink signal graph/bar to mavic air, that's something i been suggesting them to do and is actually possible to do on wifi as well and is commonly done..and is useful to know which end of the connection is causing problems..

common list of things DJI been ignoring from us that would be technically non challanging for a company as large as DJi to software update into existing products effectively overnight:

1. no digital zoom on mavic air.

2. no low noise props on mavic air.

3. no uplink/downline signal graph for wifi connections.

4. no channel hopping on wifi based connection.

5. no toggle to disable charging phone/tablet universally on drones...

6. mavic air needs fuction button ability to drop camera straight down.

7. split signal connections/diversify bandwidth to increase signal reliability and redudancy.

2018-12-19
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-19 07:36
on a technical basis, it is possible to split the connections, and wouldnt violate Wifi standards.. but do not count on DJi actually doing it sadly, hell they could even implement channel hopping into Wifi but they dont.  :/  

they haven't even added in uplink vs downlink signal graph/bar to mavic air, that's something i been suggesting them to do and is actually possible to do on wifi as well and is commonly done..and is useful to know which end of the connection is causing problems..

Thanks,

but my question was more simple:

I wanna know if changing wifi frequency manually, from 2.4 to 5.8 or from 5.8 to 2.4 changes both transmitting frequency of the RC commands and video downlink. That's it.
2018-12-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 12-19 07:45
Thanks,

but my question was more simple:

yes for just changing frequency all at once:  

before taking off, click on the wifi icon on the dji status bar when in camera view of the app, then scroll down and pick the channel you want to change to..  channels over 100 are in 5.8Ghz
2018-12-19
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-19 07:48
yes for just changing frequency all at once:  

before taking off, click on the wifi icon on the dji status bar when in camera view of the app, then scroll down and pick the channel you want to change to..  channels over 100 are in 5.8Ghz

Thanks,

I know how to do it.

Again, my question is: do both frequencies, RC commands and Video downlink switch to 2.4 if choosing 2.4 or 5.8 switching to 5.8?
2018-12-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 12-19 08:02
Thanks,

I know how to do it.

si, cambai sia il video e i controlli insieme.

if my italian isn't that good i was attempting to say: yes it changes both video and the controls together.
2018-12-19
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-19 08:07
si, cambai sia il video e i controlli insieme.

if my italian isn't that good i was attempting to say: yes it changes both video and the controls together.

Got it.

Even in Italian is good!

Grazie.
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-19 07:36
on a technical basis, it is possible to split the connections, and wouldnt violate Wifi standards.. but do not count on DJi actually doing it sadly, hell they could even implement channel hopping into Wifi but they dont.  :/  

they haven't even added in uplink vs downlink signal graph/bar to mavic air, that's something i been suggesting them to do and is actually possible to do on wifi as well and is commonly done..and is useful to know which end of the connection is causing problems..

Number 6
On the spark I programmed the fn button to drop the camera straight down and then level again by pressing it once more, can’t you do the same on the mavic air??? Aren’t some buttons programmable just like on the spark and mavic pro?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-19 12:27
Number 6
On the spark I programmed the fn button to drop the camera straight down and then level again by pressing it once more, can’t you do the same on the mavic air??? Aren’t some buttons programmable just like on the spark and mavic pro?

no option for it on the mavic air to drop camera down via a FN/C button toggle.   infact given focus options which is impossible cuz Mavic air's focus is locked, and some other stuff it cant do to pick from...so obviously quality asurance team was a few solid steps behind on these rleases.   the camera down option i like do i can use it for landing in tricker places, specially useful in rare emergency landing siutations where best option is to ditch the aircraft and go get it..  and when i have my gimbal set for slow cinematic movement, having instant down and instant up is awesome for being able to not land in a tree or a bursh or someone's roof or is map is wrong not land in water..

also to note my mavic air i cant show voltages on main screen on iOS or andriod...  i wanna see my voltages! thats how i like flying i dont always trust % i had my batteries weaker than indicated % a few times before, specially in super cold and windy flying..without the ability for me to monitor weakest cell voltage means i dont know how the battery is actually doing while flying i have to open up battery toggle and manually check

2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules