1515 10 2018-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi.  I have 2 questions about my Mavic 2 Pro.

1.  I have the latest software updates, but the Precision Landing still does not work.
I know how it use to work on my Mavic Pro Platinum.
My Mavic 2 Pro always wants to autoland about 10 feet away.  I use a landing pad to help the cameras detect the location.
Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to get Precision Landing to work?

2.  On a RTH with the battery > 6%,  I can't cancell the alert by pressing the Power Button.
     Page 45 in the manual says pressing the Power button should cancell the alert.
     I've even seen a You-tuber do this and it worked as advertised.
     Is there a setting I am missing also?  

So thank you in advance for any insights.
I sure would like to know why these two issues are not working for me.
The Drone flyies perfectly otherwise.

Thanks again!  :>)

2018-12-10
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-10 21:26
There is no Precision Landing checkbox for the Mavic 2 as there is for the Mavic Pro.  It is automatic but you have to lift off straight up for 15-20' so it can record an image of the take off spot.  Obviously there needs to be something distinctive to the spot.

You can cancel the RTH beep, but you cannot cancel the critically low battery beep.  At 6% she will continue to squawk at you.

Thanks for the feedback.  
I wonder why my precision landing doesn't work for me.  I even use a landing pad to help it along.
It landed closer to the spot before the precision landing software was added.  :>(

I have always tried to cancel the RTH alert with battery > 6%, but it's never worked yet.  Don't know why either.   Hmmm.
2018-12-10
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

UPTGrad Posted at 12-10 21:49
Thanks for the feedback.  
I wonder why my precision landing doesn't work for me.  I even use a landing pad to help it along.
It landed closer to the spot before the precision landing software was added.  :>(

Do you use the automatic take off option or do you press the sticks to the inside to start the drone?
I think you have to use the automatic take off for the precision landing to work.
2018-12-10
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 12-10 22:15
Do you use the automatic take off option or do you press the sticks to the inside to start the drone?
I think you have to use the automatic take off for the precision landing to work.

Hi. Thanks.  I’ve actually used both methods for takeoff to test the precision landing.
I will experiment with the automatic takeoff option more the next time I’m flying.  Thanks.
2018-12-10
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

I'd advice you to auto take off, wait until it completely finished, fly like 100m away, initiate RTH and then see if the precision landing works. (sometimes the drone is descending somewhere else, but then corrects the spot shortly before landing like 1 m above ground)
2018-12-10
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

The manual says that for precision landing all you need to do is take off straight up 7 meters (21-25ft) before flying horizontal. Also, if you make any stick movements (other than straight "down") during precision landing it is cancelled.
2018-12-10
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Grumps Posted at 12-10 23:15
The manual says that for precision landing all you need to do is take off straight up 7 meters (21-25ft) before flying horizontal. Also, if you make any stick movements (other than straight "down") during precision landing it is cancelled.

Ahh! Thank you for mentioning the manual.  I didn’t have the most recent manual version (1.6)
Yep!   It does say straight up to7m.    Didn’t mention auto or manual takeoff.
Let me try this again and I’ll report back.  Maybe I didn’t go up far enough.
Thank you all.   
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Precision landing performance is subject to the following conditions.
The home point must be recorded upon takeoff and must not be changed during flight, otherwise, the aircraft will have no record of the Home Point's terrain features. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend vertically 7m before moving horizontally. The critical battery alert warning can't be canceled if the battery is lower than 6%. Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-11
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-10 21:57
I am assuming it was bright out so the cameras could see the take off spot clearly?

You can cancel the RTH beep by momentarily pressing the RC power button, as long as the battery is above your critical battery level setting.

Hi Dirty Bird; I found my M2P to hit the spot on precision landing regardless of hovering over the point.  I really don't use it often but I did check it both ways and no matter how I take off, when I hit the return home button it lands nearly spot on.  
2018-12-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

after auto take off, always hover it about 20ft up from take of point and stay there for about 15 seconds before flying away.
2018-12-11
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks All for the feedback.  I was finally able to get Precision Landing to work by climbing to 33 feet or above.
Not sure why I have to climb higher than everyone else, but that's ok.

What's interesting:   33 Feet is about 10M.   Now, 10M is the height one needs to go to enable Precision Landing on the Mavic Pro Platinum !
I never thought about that earlier.
On landing, at 37 feet, I get the controller message  Precision Landing:  Locating Landing Point.
I wonder if the 7M listed in the document is in error?   Seems strange that I have to go to 10M, same as the Platinum.
Well, no big deal.   I am glad I have a way to make it work.

Remote Controller Alert:
Some update:  Ok, I moved the low battery alert to 30%.
At a high battery setting, doing a RTH,  I am able to cancel the RTH alert by pressing the power button.

However, once the battery goes below the low battery level that I set (30%), I am unable to cancel this alert.
I could not cancel the alert when the battery was in the range 6%-15% either per the manual.
So, I guess that explains why I am unable to cancel the alert during a RTH when the battery level is at 20%.
(it's below the low battery level, which doesn't work for me)

The manual (Pg 45) seems to suggest I should be able to cancel the alert until the battery level gets below 6%.

Oh Well, I'll keep investigating.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.  

2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules