6386 22 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans25dd81eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240194 ft
United States

Hi,

On Mavic 2 Pro, latest firmware, the media creation timestamp on the video files are 5 hour behind the actual system time, which are correctly shown on the picture (DNG) files. See picture.

Thanks,

Ali

2018-12-11
Use props
fans25dd81eb
lvl.2
United States

2018-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Problem you wouldn't expect.  Wonder how many people are seeing same?
2018-12-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting observation if using Windows! The metadata actually shows the correct time within the MP4/MOV and if you record a caption/SRT, it also shows the correct time. Edited initial post after looking back at SD Card files. I was initially looking at files copied to Win10 desktop which showed similar results as OP. However, original SD Card has correct times in basic file listing. I copied the files again from the SD Card to the Desktop and they all show correctly! So what's going on?

Well, with media files in Win10, you can configure your column headers with a lot of information and I wasn't looking very closely! My desktop folder was configured with the DATE column which showed a generic date decided by Windows 10. If you add the various date column headers (DATE, Date Created, Date Modified, Media Created, etc), you can more easily see the information. When you copy the files from the SD Card to your PC/MAC it provides a new Date Created and the original date is moved to Date Modified. Media Created is a video attribute and it's that attribute that Win10 is messing with. If you view the DATE column, you're seeing either media created or date created/modified (if different).

So what I was observing and is probably also observed by the OP is Win10 at work. I can't find this '5-hour different' date in any of the metadata associated with the DJI media files so Win 10 must be calculating it incorrectly - DNG and JPG don't have this attribte so they behave correctly on Win 10...

files.png

2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please check whether the mobile device’s time is correct? If yes, check whether the time of all files is incorrect. If yes, please kindly give me all the information below so we can forward this concern to our R&D department to fix the issue. Thank you.
a) App version
b) Screenshot of the mobile device’s time
c) Images or videos of which the time is incorrect
d) Screenshot of the time for images or videos
2018-12-11
Use props
RetroPixer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 11:16
Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please check whether the mobile device’s time is correct? If yes, check whether the time of all files is incorrect. If yes, please kindly give me all the information below so we can forward this concern to our R&D department to fix the issue. Thank you.
a) App version
b) Screenshot of the mobile device’s time

Hi Natalia,

I can provide all those but it’ll be a day or two. I am on a trip until Friday.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RetroPixer Posted at 12-11 11:51
Hi Natalia,

I can provide all those but it’ll be a day or two. I am on a trip until Friday.

Hi, RetroPixer. No worries, I understand. I will wait for your update. Just don't forget to hit "reply" so I can get a notification for you. Thank you and have fun
2018-12-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RetroPixer Posted at 12-11 11:51
Hi Natalia,

I can provide all those but it’ll be a day or two. I am on a trip until Friday.

RetroPixer,
   My files copied from the SD Card to a folder on a Win 10 desktop looked similar to yours and I posted above. But I went back, looked again, & edited the post- and think it's Win10! Look at my edited post above and if using Win10, check out the column headings (right click on headings) and change the generic DATE heading to a specific date created or modified. Seems that Win 10 takes the Media Created attribute from the video file and it's likely misinterpreting it, as all dates in the internal metadata seem ok.....
2018-12-11
Use props
RetroPixer
lvl.2
United States

Daroga Posted at 12-11 13:05
RetroPixer,
   My files copied from the SD Card to a folder on a Win 10 desktop looked similar to yours and I posted above. But I went back, looked again, & edited the post- and think it's Win10! Look at my edited post above and if using Win10, check out the column headings (right click on headings) and change the generic DATE heading to a specific date created or modified. Seems that Win 10 takes the Media Created attribute from the video file and it's likely misinterpreting it, as all dates in the internal metadata seem ok.....

Yes, Win10 is incorrectly displaying the info but the reason for that is likely how DJI is populating the various date fields of the file. In the least there is a inconsistency problem where picture files are treated differently from  video files.
2018-12-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RetroPixer Posted at 12-11 13:41
Yes, Win10 is incorrectly displaying the info but the reason for that is likely how DJI is populating the various date fields of the file. In the least there is a inconsistency problem where picture files are treated differently from  video files.

Just for information, looking at the file metadata with EXIFTOOL by Phil Harvey as I've shown below for DJI_0075.MOV directly from the SD Card,  the internal DJI metadata info is solid... There's no 6:48 AM as shown in Windows 10 anywhere in the file metadata...

exif_MP2.png
Photos - DNG and JPG don't have the Media Created attribute.

2018-12-11
Use props
P Dovie Jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180289 ft
United States

Having the same problem with time stamp.  first one was @ 6:50am today then the second and third showed yesterday at 8:53 and 8:59 pm then back to today on the 4th and 5th @ 6:59am and 7:01 am.

2019-7-1
Use props
fans46c93baa
New
Flight distance : 232743 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with video time stamp. Video is 4 hours different than picture time stamp. Lots of threads in the forum regarding this issue, and solutions?
2020-5-11
Use props
conga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1043579 ft
United States

It's July 2020 and I still have this problem with both my Mavic Mini and my Mavic Air 2 on Android. When I fly them using my iPad Mini, the video time stamps are correct, so I suspect this is an issue with the Android version of the DJI Fly app.
2020-7-5
Use props
djiuser_YE0CWAmSn4ln
lvl.1
Flight distance : 612096 ft
United States

I have the same issue. Mavic Pro Platinum with iPhone X. Uploaded photos and video using Mac Photos.  
2020-7-30
Use props
PP224
New
Flight distance : 782067 ft
Thailand

Same here since 2018, Mavic Pro. Video files +7Hrs from image files.
A5E916C5-9204-4B3A-96DE-03579C868886.jpeg
FF3F0875-656D-4F31-B408-1CF27FF28CAA.jpeg
2020-10-4
Use props
Jordan146
New

France

Same here on a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and it has nothing to do with SD card, type of Phone or Phone time settings (I used multiple SD card from different brands and 3 different iPhones all set to the timezone of the country I was in). I travelled in 3 different countries with different timezone and the timestamp is always correct on the photos but never on the videos. First, when I moved from France to New Zealand, the timestamp of videos was ahead of 12h (the timezone difference between the 2 countries). Then, we changed hour in New Zealand and the timestamp of videos offset by 11h (the new timezone difference between the 2 countries). I then moved to Samoa and the timestamp of videos was ahead by only one hour now (the timezone difference between New Zealand and Samoa).

It's been a recurrent issue noticed by many DJI drone users that doesn't seem to be solve by DJI. I hope my comment will help you solve this problem as it seems to be a complex one depending on the previous country you visited, the new you are in and the timezone difference between them. However, I still don't understand how the software can timestamp photos correctly but not the videos?!
2020-10-31
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

I have this same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro.  The videos are 8 hours prior to my photos which are correctly timestamped (on computer and iphone).

What is the solution????
2021-2-10
Use props
Tphive
lvl.2

United States

How is this still a problem? My new Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller is doing the same thing.  When importing into Lightroom, it thinks that any video I take is from the next day, while photos taken in the same session are organized into folders with the correct date.
2022-6-22
Use props
JJ Sereday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8506253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is insane that we are years into this and it is still an issue. Happens on my Mavic 3, Mavic 2 Zoom and basically every other DJI Drone. There has to be a reason. I would assume its related to timezone but the controller has the correct time on it. I just tested recording video with both subtitle files on and off and still does not help the issue.

DJI what's going on? We need an answer on this as it affects the metadata on our files within editing software.
2022-7-22
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

Wow... DJI still has this issue?   It's so annoying when you look at files by date/time.
2022-9-20
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115574 ft
Iceland

Jordan146 Posted at 2020-10-31 08:39
Same here on a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and it has nothing to do with SD card, type of Phone or Phone time settings (I used multiple SD card from different brands and 3 different iPhones all set to the timezone of the country I was in). I travelled in 3 different countries with different timezone and the timestamp is always correct on the photos but never on the videos. First, when I moved from France to New Zealand, the timestamp of videos was ahead of 12h (the timezone difference between the 2 countries). Then, we changed hour in New Zealand and the timestamp of videos offset by 11h (the new timezone difference between the 2 countries). I then moved to Samoa and the timestamp of videos was ahead by only one hour now (the timezone difference between New Zealand and Samoa).

It's been a recurrent issue noticed by many DJI drone users that doesn't seem to be solve by DJI. I hope my comment will help you solve this problem as it seems to be a complex one depending on the previous country you visited, the new you are in and the timezone difference between them. However, I still don't understand how the software can timestamp photos correctly but not the videos?!

It's mid-2023 now and I see the same issue from my newish Air 2S. In my case, also Win10, I notice the difference in my Lightroom metadata.
2023-8-2
Use props
OuraybyFlight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1692195 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having the same issue with my Air 3
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

OuraybyFlight Posted at 10-3 21:57
I’m having the same issue with my Air 3

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. If I may ask, are you using the DJI RC-2 as your remote controller? Thank you.
2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules