Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8bba60de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564288 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm having no luck searching through posts for a solution for this issue. Has anyone figured it out yet? My Mavic Pro is 6 months old so still in warranty.

Problem: When using DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone 6s, the button to switch between photo and video won’t work, it's stuck on video. The button on the controller to take photos, makes the shutter sound as if it has taken a photo, but there in no photo on the memory card. I have formatted the card and tried a different card.
I have tried updating the firmware on the drone, the controller and the app software. The drone firmware fails every time at the point in which the drone turns off (56%). I have tried to upgrade firmware, several times, from both the DJI Go 4 app and DJI assistant 2 (both latest versions).
After several attempts the drone firmware appears to have updated even though it threw up an error saying it had failed.

I contacted DJI support a week ago and every day since and I’ve had no help. They told me the issue was referred to the Engineers.

Today the answer I got from them was to:
‘Tap the function button on Goggles RE to start/stop video recording’

I don’t even have goggles!?? They have already confused my case for a case with goggles once this week and I corrected them.

This is unbelievably bad service.  I’m losing business and we’re a week down the line and I’ve had absolutely no help.

Is this typical of DJI customer service?

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
Reinstalling all software, formatting cards, resetting drone factory settings, using an iPad instead of my phone.

Here’s some videos of the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nnovtyt183c2hd/IMG_0633.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynep2auh0nswb2c/IMG_0635.MOV?dl=0

What device are you using)?
iPhone 6s and iPad Air

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
aircraft v.01.04.0500 (although says update failed) remote latest as of 3rd Dec 2018.

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification? (if so what):
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? possibly started happening after failed attempts to upgrade to v.01.04.0500

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had with your Mavic Pro. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic Pro via DJI Assistant 2? After that, kindly re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. Let's see if this will work. I also suggest you try to use a different device or an Android device. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-11
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

It's a long shot but try going in to the camera setting and click to reset all settings. Sure you have done that but just in case, maybe you'll get lucky and that will do the trick. Otherwise you will most likely probably have to send the drone in to be looked at.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 11:09
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic Pro via DJI Assistant 2? After that, kindly re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. Let's see if this will work. I also suggest you try to use a different device or an Android device. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the reply.  The update of the Mavic Pro fails every time I try.  Even though it has failed, it seems to have the latest firmware loaded onto it.
I just tried relinking the controller and that did not help.  

I just tried Hedsic's idea and now I can take photos but I cannot take video, that problem has switched around!
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vwjones Posted at 12-11 12:15
Hi, thanks for the reply.  The update of the Mavic Pro fails every time I try.  Even though it has failed, it seems to have the latest firmware loaded onto it.
I just tried relinking the controller and that did not help.  

Hi. Thanks for your response. May I know if you are receiving an error message when you tried to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? Are you using a Windows PC or MacBook?
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 12:28
Hi. Thanks for your response. May I know if you are receiving an error message when you tried to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? Are you using a Windows PC or MacBook?

I have the same issue on my iPad by the way.  So i have tried different mobile devices.  I haven't got an android to try.

I do get an error message with a code and 'unspecified error'.

I can try to update it and find out the exact code if that helps?
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vwjones Posted at 12-11 12:47
I have the same issue on my iPad by the way.  So i have tried different mobile devices.  I haven't got an android to try.

I do get an error message with a code and 'unspecified error'.

Would it possible if you can refresh and update the firmware of your drone via DJI Assistant 2 using your PC or Laptop? You can send us a screenshot of the error message so we can determine. Thank you.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 12:50
Would it possible if you can refresh and update the firmware of your drone via DJI Assistant 2 using your PC or Laptop? You can send us a screenshot of the error message so we can determine. Thank you.

Sure, I'll do that now.  I'm using a macbook pro.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 12:50

2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The update gets stuck at 56%.  The aircraft powers off and back on again.  After a few minutes the fail screen is displayed.
2018-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

vwjones Posted at 12-11 12:54
Sure, I'll do that now.  I'm using a macbook pro.

As heads up.  You should be able to Refresh, Update, & Rollback both Mavic Pro's and R.C.'s firmware using Assistant-2 on MacBook Pro (or MacBook Air).

However, Mac version of Assistant-2 is not fully functional.  If you try to download Mavic Pro's FlightLogs or BlackBox data, it will show it is working, but download never makes any progress.
Mac version of Assistant-2 may decide to mount microSD card to allow you to download images.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-11 13:15
As heads up.  You should be able to Refresh, Update, & Rollback both Mavic Pro's and R.C.'s firmware using Assistant-2 on MacBook Pro (or MacBook Air).

However, Mac version of Assistant-2 is not fully functional.  If you try to download Mavic Pro's FlightLogs or BlackBox data, it will show it is working, but download never makes any progress.

Thanks, I have tried to roll back but I'm getting the same failure message
2018-12-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure DJI Assistant is the latest version. I saw someone had this issue earlier and that fixed it.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 12-11 13:21
Make sure DJI Assistant is the latest version. I saw someone had this issue earlier and that fixed it.

Thanks, it is the latest version.  I wish I could fix it that easily.
2018-12-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Where you able to upload the error log shown in your second DJI Assistant screengrab showing the failed task?

How bout trying a different cable? Ive had mixed results when using cables other than the one that came with my Mavic.

Sorry to hear you're having problems -- it's almost certainly a corrupted firmware issue. I had the same problem a while back and was able to refresh my firmware to fix it.  

Good luck and hope you get it sorted soon.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vwjones Posted at 12-11 13:14
The update gets stuck at 56%.  The aircraft powers off and back on again.  After a few minutes the fail screen is displayed.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please make sure that Anti-Virus and firewall are turned off. I also suggest you uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2. Thank you.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 13:53
We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please make sure that Anti-Virus and firewall are turned off. I also suggest you uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2. Thank you.

Do you want me to try the firmware update again but with the firewall and anti-virus turned off?
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 12-11 13:41
Where you able to upload the error log shown in your second DJI Assistant screengrab showing the failed task?

How bout trying a different cable? Ive had mixed results when using cables other than the one that came with my Mavic.

Thanks, I'll try the original cable.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vwjones Posted at 12-11 14:09
Do you want me to try the firmware update again but with the firewall and anti-virus turned off?

Yes. Please re-try to refresh the firmware again with the firewall and anti-virus turned off. Also please try to use a different cable. Thank you.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 14:30
Yes. Please re-try to refresh the firmware again with the firewall and anti-virus turned off. Also please try to use a different cable. Thank you.

Ok, reinstalled assistant 2, used to original cable and made sure firewall and anti-virus software is off.  Same problem, failing at 56%.  The aircraft powered off and on twice this time before the failure.  I think it has done that before though.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 12-11 13:41

How bout trying a different cable? Ive had mixed results when using cables other than the one that came with my Mavic.

Sorry, I didn't answer this earlier.  I was able to upload the log this time, I haven't been able to in the past.
2018-12-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI CS service are very prompt and get things done in my experience.
2018-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

vwjones Posted at 12-11 14:42
Ok, reinstalled assistant 2, used to original cable and made sure firewall and anti-virus software is off.  Same problem, failing at 56%.  The aircraft powered off and on twice this time before the failure.  I think it has done that before though.

Always failing at 56% with powering off and on (twice) is not a good sign for hardware.  Wondering if memory storage area for Firmware has a problem when it gets to certain address area.

If only DJI would provide us with some basic diagnostic tools.   Tools that could check things like memory for addressing and storage, CPU functionality and correct functional results, etc.  

Save us all a bunch of time and frustration.
2018-12-11
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have any other ideas DJI Natalia?  Seems strange that only photos work now after the camera reset.
2018-12-12
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

vwjones Posted at 12-12 01:57
Do you have any other ideas DJI Natalia?  Seems strange that only photos work now after the camera reset.

If the Mavic is built after september 18th 2017 then it uses an internal SD card (its inside the quad and not accessible) to store the firmware, this may be the issue, you can check it here http://tools.retroroms.info/

if the unit is outside warranty then follow videos by DIGDAT0 on youtube to open the quad and change out the SD card

Also try using VM to run a windows environment and use the Assistant in that.
2018-12-12
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

For the mavic pro, you should not use the latest version of assistant... (for me it gives no problems, but maybe on a Mac it does)
If you go to mavic pro on the dji website, you can download the older version of assistant,  you should try this
2018-12-12
Use props
andreylb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68136 ft
Brazil

Well, we´re facing two problems here.
1  - Unable to take photos (now videos) : It seems to me that the problem is at the mobile device. Have you tried to Uninstall the app them install it again? I would also clear the cache at the DJIGo.

2 - Error at firmware update : I got this error twice, once at 35% and once at 56%. Both time I noticed a crash in the app, once loose connection and other the app just crashed. Them I fully charged the batteries, the remote control and the tablet and them performed the update and everything went ok. But it spent more than 10 minutes at the 56%, be sure that all the cables and the connections are still, I think that my problem was the connection between the aircraft and the tablet.

Hope you find usefull.
2018-12-12
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

GhostWolf010 Posted at 12-12 04:54
For the mavic pro, you should not use the latest version of assistant... (for me it gives no problems, but maybe on a Mac it does)
If you go to mavic pro on the dji website, you can download the older version of assistant,  you should try this

If you dont use the latest version then you arent able to see any firmware list, it just errors out, DJI did this to stop people using earlier version to flash the firmware
2018-12-12
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 12-12 02:57
If the Mavic is built after september 18th 2017 then it uses an internal SD card (its inside the quad and not accessible) to store the firmware, this may be the issue, you can check it here http://tools.retroroms.info/

if the unit is outside warranty then follow videos by DIGDAT0 on youtube to open the quad and change out the SD card

Thanks for the help. The serial number says it was made 9th December 2015! I bought it in May 2018 so that surprises me.

I have tried installing Assistant 2 on a PC running windows 10 and it fails in exactly the same way.
2018-12-13
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GhostWolf010 Posted at 12-12 04:54
For the mavic pro, you should not use the latest version of assistant... (for me it gives no problems, but maybe on a Mac it does)
If you go to mavic pro on the dji website, you can download the older version of assistant,  you should try this

I’ll try this later, thanks.
2018-12-13
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

andreylb Posted at 12-12 05:33
Well, we´re facing two problems here.
1  - Unable to take photos (now videos) : It seems to me that the problem is at the mobile device. Have you tried to Uninstall the app them install it again? I would also clear the cache at the DJIGo.

Thanks for the help.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all apps and used two different mobile devices.
2018-12-13
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had a apology from DJI support but still no progress with a repair or help with the actual issue.  

What can I do?  Are DJI just very uninterested in supporting their products once they have the sale?  For me it seems like the company has a great set of products but are completely let down but customer support.  Should I just sell the Mavic Pro if the issue ever gets sorted and look to other drone manufacturers for the tools for my business?
2018-12-16
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>
United States

I might be wrong, but seem to remember something about the memory card and an issue like this with the Phantom.  It just would not load firmware.  Changed the card and everything seemed to work.  Is this possible on the MP? My apologies if this has already been mentioned or attempted.
2018-12-16
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonesome Crow Posted at 12-16 06:08
I might be wrong, but seem to remember something about the memory card and an issue like this with the Phantom.  It just would not load firmware.  Changed the card and everything seemed to work.  Is this possible on the MP? My apologies if this has already been mentioned or attempted.

I have tried a different card but thank you for the suggestion.

It’s been nearly 3 weeks now and DJI have just suggested refreshing the firmware for the 4th time. I can’t quite believe the terrible service I’m getting.
I have said from the start and all the way along that I cannot update, refresh or rollback the firmware!

What is wrong with them? It’s as if they just aren’t reading what I’m writing and just suggesting the same thing over and over.

At leat now they are referring to a Mavic Pro and not some DJI goggles which I do not own.

They have had screenshots, videos and detailed explanations of the issue.

Where do I go from here?

2018-12-21
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok all, this is what he has and I hope someone can help as he has tried using the assistant, different devices, latest firmware.  No Goggles at all,  and unable to take photos (now videos) .

What device are you using)?
iPhone 6s and iPad Air

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
aircraft v.01.04.0500 (although says update failed) remote latest as of 3rd Dec 2018.

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification? (if so what):
No

Did you change anything or install any apps? possibly started happening after failed attempts to upgrade to v.01.04.0500
2018-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules