817 8 2018-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCcre8nColorado
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crazy story.  Was invited to my brothers 60th birthday in Kauai, HI for 3 weeks.  I had never been on any of the islands and was hoping to take beautiful footage everyday.  After a nice long flight from Denver to Kauai and a good sleep.  The next morning (day 2) I put the DJI goggles on my brother and launched the bird for a flight around the resort and close by southern shoreline.  Equipment was checked, beginning of flight logged and we're off.  Not very far into the mission, the dreaded LOSS OF SIGNAL.  Was set to RTH.  Didn't do that.   I reviewed the controller log and was given exact GPS where it last recorded location.  Thankfully not in the tree canapy.  Wasn't there when I arrived.  Went by the resort adjacent to the one I was staying (closest to the landing coords) and reported the loss.  Also posted Lost/Reward signs around the area.  19 days later, no bird, no awesome footage (other than the GoPro), JUST HAPPENED to go back by the resort that I first reported the loss.  Asked the sweet girls at the front desk again if anyone had found a drone.......  To my joy and amasement, one girl perked up and indicated that a bird was found.  WOW.  A day before heading back to Colorado.  Attached is part of the footage on this solo-lost-found flight.
2018-12-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Page not opening, would love to watch video.
2018-12-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing to see.
2018-12-11
Use props
JCcre8nColorado
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Try this link
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day JCcre8nColorado. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video from Kauai. Great work and thank you for your support.
2018-12-12
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Were the GPS coordinates from the controller correct and someone just got there before you?
2018-12-12
Use props
JCcre8nColorado
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes.  Exactly what happened.  I could not run because my feet were not yet used to the flip flops
2018-12-12
Use props
JCcre8nColorado
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well since my bird was lost for almost 3 weeks,  I decided to fly myself.   4000'+ super zip line.   
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

JCcre8nColorado Posted at 12-12 12:58
Well since my bird was lost for almost 3 weeks,  I decided to fly myself.   4000'+ super zip line.   https://youtu.be/qlCSwYwDK44

Wow, that looks so stimulate
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules