Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 support for iPad Pro 3rd Gen (11 & 12.9)
1147 7 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1366555 ft
Canada

Hi DJI,

With the release of the new 3rd-generation iPad Pro's a few months ago, I am wondering when DJI will get around to updating GO 4 to take advantage of the new Liquid Retina displays / sizes of these new iPad's, as I find GO 4 still letterboxes on these models, and thus wastes the newly found screen real estate.

Cheers
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day EdisonW1979. Thank you for providing us this information today regarding the new 3rd-generation iPad Pro's. I will forward this thread/information to our DJI R&D Team for further development and update on the DJI Products. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 183694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't personally tried the new iPads, but they should all be able to run DJI GO since all of the specs are equal or better to older iPads that are able to run DJI GO.
2018-12-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

msinger Posted at 12-12 11:51
I haven't personally tried the new iPads, but they should all be able to run DJI GO since all of the specs are equal or better to older iPads that are able to run DJI GO.

Yes they run them just fine, just that the new iPad's have larger edge-to-edge screens, and the GO 4 app doesn't fill the full screen, so the app is letterboxed.
2018-12-12
Use props
MrDrache333
lvl.1
Flight distance : 507234 ft
Germany

EdisonW1979 Posted at 12-12 14:31
Yes they run them just fine, just that the new iPad's have larger edge-to-edge screens, and the GO 4 app doesn't fill the full screen, so the app is letterboxed.

Same here...i hope there will be an Update soon.
2018-12-31
Use props
ski
lvl.2
United States

so it's been just over 7 months since the iPad Pro 3rd gen release....any response from DJI on this? Go4 is both my most used app and also the only app on my iPad that is letterboxed and not updated to fill the screen, not sure what's taking so long compared to previous screen size updates that were significantly quicker...
6-5 22:14
Use props
Kent9
lvl.1
Germany

I am using the 11 inch iPad Pro, unfortunately the App does not support the screen size. Since there seems to be some kind of coop between DJI and Apple, when may we expect this issue to be fixed?
6-6 02:51
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

Kent9 Posted at 6-6 02:51
I am using the 11 inch iPad Pro, unfortunately the App does not support the screen size. Since there seems to be some kind of coop between DJI and Apple, when may we expect this issue to be fixed?

I recall Apple now making it mandatory as of a certain date (exact date escapes me), from then on all updates for published apps must support the new devices, including their screen assets / resolutions, or risk not having updates published.

Wondering if Apple will finally poke DJI and say "Hey, you haven't done this yet, get your act together or we'll pull the app down"...

That would get DJI's attention VERY quickly!
6-7 12:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules