1020 10 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question for you guys, mainly for some DJI people.

I bought my prores license just a few days ago, after I activated it I found out that I can't record in prores RAW. My fault I should have read better I guess.

Now I know I can't return the license and I still want to shoot in prores RAW so I need to get the cinema DNG license. My is there a way I can get my cinema DNG license at the price of the bundle (prores +dng) instead of having to pay an extra 1000$ to upgrade to the DNG license?

I hope this makes sense and I also hope DJI. Would specify this a little more in their descriptions.

Thanks a lot
2018-12-12
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

that sounds not right . prores raw should be part of the prores licence ! Dji should help you out and at least take the licence back!
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flo the Pirate Posted at 12-12 11:32
that sounds not right . prores raw should be part of the prores licence ! Dji should help you out and at least take the licence back!

That's what I thought so too honestly. Dji got back to me saying that I can't return the license or get access to the bundle price which is not how you keep customers happy...
2018-12-12
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

what kind of camera are you using ? x5s by any chance ?
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

flyingfun Posted at 12-12 13:12
what kind of camera are you using ? x5s by any chance ?

Shooting on x7
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. we're sorry that the CinemaDNG license has the ability to record in Apple ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ. Could you please send me your order number via PM to coordinate it with our team to see if your query is possible? However, I'm afraid that I can not provide assurance about this scenario. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Tony, just sent you a PM, hope we can work something out
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-12 13:34
Hi. we're sorry that the CinemaDNG license has the ability to record in Apple ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ. Could you please send me your order number via PM to coordinate it with our team to see if your query is possible? However, I'm afraid that I can not provide assurance about this scenario. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Tony, just sent you a PM, hope we can work something out
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we are sorry for this situation but the license cannot be refunded if it has been activated, appreciate your understanding.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 02:16
Hello there, we are sorry for this situation but the license cannot be refunded if it has been activated, appreciate your understanding.

Dear Mindy, first of all I don't want a refund. I'm only saying that if DJI wants me to buy the cinema DNG license, they should also be able to offer me the bundle price of  1300$ instead of wanting me to pay 500$ for the prores and a extra 1000$ for the cinema DNG. I believe it's fair request, especially after all the money I've invested in DJI's products. Moreover DJI should make it clearer that prores doesn't not include RAW.

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_zU9AOSIWWJrr Posted at 12-13 07:06
Dear Mindy, first of all I don't want a refund. I'm only saying that if DJI wants me to buy the cinema DNG license, they should also be able to offer me the bundle price of  1300$ instead of wanting me to pay 500$ for the prores and a extra 1000$ for the cinema DNG. I believe it's fair request, especially after all the money I've invested in DJI's products. Moreover DJI should make it clearer that prores doesn't not include RAW.

I'm sorry that this is not possible, the price on our online store cannot be changed when you place the order, we are unable and have no access to change the price, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules