Osmo Pocket Activation Failed
1234567Next >
36012 278 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greyedeigh
lvl.1
United States

I'm trying to register the Osmo Pocket (since I don't have a choice, apparently) and every time I do so I get this message:

Activation Failed

Activation data error. Please restart the device and try again.

This is on an iPhone XS Max, with a brand new Osmo just out of the box. I have tried with Wi-Fi and cellular data, have uninstalled DJI Mimo and reinstalled it, restarted the phone and the Osmo Pocket several times, disconnected and reconnected the lightning adapter from the phone and Osmo. Please help. I can't use this product at all right now. VERY frustrating.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans618eaa18 Posted at 12-12 21:21
I have this same problem

Sir, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly restart the Osmo Pocket and its app, then try to activate it again, making sure they have a good internet connection.
If the activation still fails, we're sorry that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Please kindly offer us the case number once you got it, we'd like to follow up.
2018-12-15
Use props
Greyedeigh
lvl.1
United States

Creating a new user account does not work either.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about the troubles and inconvenience that it caused. We're currently checking this scenario with our team for further help. We will inform you as soon as we've received feedback from our team. Thank you for understanding. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_5RohCbiMg8HZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19173 ft
Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-12 16:09
Hi, we're sorry about the troubles and inconvenience that it caused. We're currently checking this scenario with our team for further help. We will inform you as soon as we've received feedback from our team. Thank you for understanding. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either.
2018-12-12
Use props
SM_19
lvl.1

United States

I am getting the same thing
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_5RohCbiMg8HZ Posted at 12-12 16:22
Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either. [view_image]

This is disconnection with osmo pocket. not the activation data error issues.

plz restart osmo pocket and connect with DJI MIMO and the active again.

2018-12-12
Use props
Greyedeigh
lvl.1
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 19:10
This is disconnection with osmo pocket. not the activation data error issues.

plz restart osmo pocket and connect with DJI MIMO and the active again.

I have tried this dozens of times. It does not work. At one point I downloaded a firmware update, but before I can install it I need to activate it... Back to square one. Is there no way to do a manual activation with a serial number?
2018-12-12
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greyedeigh Posted at 12-12 19:54
I have tried this dozens of times. It does not work. At one point I downloaded a firmware update, but before I can install it I need to activate it... Back to square one. Is there no way to do a manual activation with a serial number?

Activation should happen before your phone start downloading the firmware update. At this point, I would think you're having a contact problem on the OP where it attach to the phone adapter. Make sure that all the contact pins are protruding the same amount on the OP, Might want to push them down individually and see if the pop back to the same height.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans618eaa18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 981 ft
United Kingdom

I have this same problem
2018-12-12
Use props
Greyedeigh
lvl.1
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 12-12 21:03
Activation should happen before your phone start downloading the firmware update. At this point, I would think you're having a contact problem on the OP where it attach to the phone adapter. Make sure that all the contact pins are protruding the same amount on the OP, Might want to push them down individually and see if the pop back to the same height.

Tried this; all pins appear to be the same height. Seems to be making good contact. I even tried applying a little force in several directions but it doesn't make a difference. Mimo app launches right away when plugged into the phone. Updated to the latest version of iOS and reinstalled Mimo too. I'll try my old 5s tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions all!
2018-12-12
Use props
Peerayuth
New
Thailand

I have the same problem.
There is no solution now.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans57f3213d
lvl.1
Australia

Still no solution? Received mine today and same error msg, this is so annoying? What’s the fix guys? I’m about to travel and hate to miss all the action without this device!!
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18281 ft
United Kingdom

Very frustrating for a brand new product to be unable to use and I see the admins have gone quiet

2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Have you guys seen the reports of being able to tether the OP via the USB-C on the bottom to phones? Maybe you have other phones you can connect this way to activate? I sincerely hope its not hardware/firmware related else the only fix will be a new unit
2018-12-13
Use props
tif1607
lvl.1
Australia

tried both my iphone x and my wife's iphone 7 plus both won't activate with data error msg, well done DJI, going to return it and get a gopro for now.....
2018-12-13
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Tough life of early adopters....
2018-12-13
Use props
fans53d9c8b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2261496 ft
United States

Same problem here, I have activation fail
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Same problem. No customer service in HK. Very disappointed.
2018-12-13
Use props
fans6c88548f
New
Flight distance : 18999 ft
Hong Kong

I have same problem too, Customer service told me arrange return it, DJI good job
2018-12-13
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this error initially.
I found that the connection to my phone had not been established, even though I felt the connector did click into place.
I removed the case from my phone and tried again, and it went through perfect.

The activation issue comes up when the Pocket is not successfully connected to the handset......
2018-12-13
Use props
lnya
New

Denmark

Hi,unfortunately I have the same experience with Samsung S8 and iPjone SE either. [view_image]

I have the same problem!!
2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 12-13 05:39
I had this error initially.
I found that the connection to my phone had not been established, even though I felt the connector did click into place.
I removed the case from my phone and tried again, and it went through perfect.

I hope this is the issue people are having. There seems to be a lot of devices that are failing to activate and cant all be hardware/firmware!
2018-12-13
Use props
divodee01
New

United States

Same “activation data error” with me as well... glad I spent $300+ on a paperweight
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to restart the Osmo Pocket and application to see if you could activate it? Do we have to chance to use a different internet connection? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-13
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-13 09:15
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to restart the Osmo Pocket and application to see if you could activate it? Do we have to chance to use a different internet connection? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for continued support.

Samsung S8?  I was told by tech support that the S8 was not a supported device, regardless of the USB-C connection.
2018-12-13
Use props
shumotoriki
New

Hong Kong

Same problem. Very disappointed
2018-12-13
Use props
heinojfh
lvl.1
United States

Called tech support.  He seems to be aware of the issue told me to return for replacement at the store I bought it from.
2018-12-13
Use props
zzzzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78940 ft
United States

Same problem with iPhone 7 plus. Also tried iPhone X and multiple restarts but no luck.
Contacted tech support and was told that many people are having the same issue and their team is working hard on fixing it. Was given the options of returning it, replacing it, or waiting for the fix to come out.
2018-12-13
Use props
austin1110
New

United States

Wow.. I just got the device.. waited for months. Plugged into iphone X for activation. Created an account via registration and then immediately login failure. Cannot login via DJI MIMO app. I am impressed with DJI. My first product from DJI and experience has been terrible. Unlike you guys, I could not even get to activation stage since DJI app cannot even handle logins anymore. I dont understand why on earth is this thing disabled and requires activation? Why not allow people to simply insert a microsd card and get on with their life? Why do all this registration, login, activation GARBAGE??? DJI.. customer experience is EVERYTHING. We paid for the hardware and look what you did with all this unnecessary crap. Keep it up. I am returning this pos device.
2018-12-13
Use props
Greyedeigh
lvl.1
United States

austin1110 Posted at 12-13 18:15
Wow.. I just got the device.. waited for months. Plugged into iphone X for activation. Created an account via registration and then immediately login failure. Cannot login via DJI MIMO app. I am impressed with DJI. My first product from DJI and experience has been terrible. Unlike you guys, I could not even get to activation stage since DJI app cannot even handle logins anymore. I dont understand why on earth is this thing disabled and requires activation? Why not allow people to simply insert a microsd card and get on with their life? Why do all this registration, login, activation GARBAGE??? DJI.. customer experience is EVERYTHING. We paid for the hardware and look what you did with all this unnecessary crap. Keep it up. I am returning this pos device.

Same feelings here. Returned OP earlier today. GoPro Hero7 is working juuuuuust fine. That Karma drone is looking better than ever now!
2018-12-13
Use props
fans6c88548f
New
Flight distance : 18999 ft
Hong Kong

djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj Posted at 12-13 04:24
Same problem. No customer service in HK. Very disappointed.

I have same problem too, I take it to DJI Hong Kong Flagship store change new one is fine now.
2018-12-13
Use props
ethanlalalalala
lvl.1
Taiwan

I have the same issue, tried to change to iPhone xs, iphone x, iphone 6, all failed, re-register a account, take off cover, change network, restart iphone, nothing works.....very disappointing
2018-12-14
Use props
MerongE
lvl.1

South Korea

Same here.. DJI support suggest change new one. He said that is only way for now. I feel sorry about this problem DJI!!!
2018-12-14
Use props
fansc115bff8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108 ft
United States

MerongE Posted at 12-14 06:43
Same here.. DJI support suggest change new one. He said that is only way for now. I feel sorry about this problem DJI!!!

I have just received a Osmo pocket and their is no way i can activate it - I just called DJI support and they said i must have a usb c phone - I only hav 5 android micro usb samsung phones - i ordered a micro usb to usb cable to try and will let you know if it works - if not probably will return it -

THERE SHOULD BE A WEB BASED ACTIVATION!!!
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8
New

United States

I am also unable to activate my Osmo Pocket on two iPhones via the Mimo app. I get the exact same error on both an iPhone X and an iPhone 7.

I can provide the serial number if that helps. The device is useless without activation.
2018-12-14
Use props
Splitrock38
New
United States

I have the same issue.  I have tried all of the steps on the forum and web.  (New account, other devices (3 iOS), reinstall app, look at the connector...). So I call in and they assure me someone will call me back.  Umm Nope.  I call again and they then offer to replace my device, still upset, but maybe I can deal with this...  Wait.  You have to wait for them to send you a box, send the device back so they can look at it and then maybe they will send a replacement.  After asking about 17 times, the rep admitted that process will take 2-3 weeks, best case scenario.  I have escalated to a supervisor, but will taking this as high as I can.  There is absolutely no need other than some internal tracking to have an “activation” process.  It doesn’t connect to anything.  If you search this issue, it happened before with a previous version of the Osmo.  They are repeating the same issues over and over.  If a company admits they made a mistake and works hard to make it right, I will be a customer for life, but when they are treating (at least me) like an untrustworthy customer who has a drone and now a “brick” I am calling an Osmo Pocket....  They will lose me as a customer for life and I will work hard so everyone knows what my experience has been.  Sorry for the rant, but its unacceptable to treat customers this way in 2018, almost 2019.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG
New
United States

I figured it out!!!!
Try to reset your password using the first email address you used to register. The app keep asking me to register, so I attempted to do it again, but now it's telling me that I'm already registered.

1.Quit the app and launch follow the instructions until you get to the step to either register or login.
2. Tap the login button
3. Tap forgot my password
4. Enter your email address (if you've used several email addresses to register and failed, try the very first email address. For me I tried two different addreses, since it kept telling that my email is already registered)
5. Check your email to follow the link to reset the password. Here is where things get interesting; email with reset password email was written in Chinese. So, I used Google Translate and found out it’s the link after the dji.com.
6. Click the link

2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG
New
United States

6. Click the link after dji.com
7. Enter a new password in the first field
8. Enter the same password in the second field
That should do it. Next update the firmware
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG Posted at 12-14 19:38
I figured it out!!!!
Try to reset your password using the first email address you used to register. The app keep asking me to register, so I attempted to do it again, but now it's telling me that I'm already registered.

If this is confirmed as working for people, you have found a bug that DJI themselves have failed to find so far, and you will have saved them thousands of $$$, if not more.

IF this is the cause, DJI owes you at minimum a free care package (DJI - if this works, send this guy a bunch of free stuff!!)
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG
New
United States

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-14 19:48
If this is confirmed as working for people, you have found a bug that DJI themselves have failed to find so far, and you will have saved them thousands of $$$, if not more.

IF this is the cause, DJI owes you at minimum a free care package (DJI - if this works, send this guy a bunch of free stuff!!)

Well, I hope this will save most of you guys from pulling your hair out and go bald.
2018-12-14
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules