Osmo Pocket Activation Failed
36036 278 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eBjorgum
New
Norway

Trying without SD card did not work for me.
2018-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

deepnpisgah Posted at 12-18 09:30
DJI sent out a marketing email on Nov 28. That link provided no mention of any device compatibility nor any reference to a requirement to have the Mimo app to activate. Even today the main marketing page for Osmo Pocket doesn't mention this, it only talks about smartphones and android, not some very limited number of smartphones. It's only on the Mimo App page where compatibility is mentioned (way down at the bottom), and I'm going to doubt that information was there on Nov 28 given the surprise level once people started getting their pockets.

I definitely have to give you that one.... I just "pretended" that I was ordering a Pocket from the DJI Home page.  Went to the Store, followed the Learn More links, selected Buy One, and looked for Specs or Compatibility.  At each step I didn't find any listing of current compatibles.  Even in the FAQ section.  I only found it after navigating to the support page(s) (also not easy/obvious).  I also went to the two online electronics stores from whom I usually buy products like these.  Neither of them list the device compatibilities either.  Under Specs it only states iOS and Android (with some allusion to USB-C.
Unless a purchaser was really diligent there would be no way of knowing their new Samsung wasn't "compatible."  My apologies for my snark.
2018-12-18
Use props
SeeJayAre
New

Canada

Almost a week since the initial post... still no fix, I've tried everything suggested in this thread. This is unacceptable, should have been fixed within 24hrs. Un-gate the firmware update or update the app.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans9426b891
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else having problems exchanging it?  DJI keeps telling me they are going to email me a shipping label and nothing.  When I contact them it is always "wait another 24hours"
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_hu5yyNWCP3T7 Posted at 12-17 02:32
I just got my device. Downloaded the dji Nimo app and wen I connect to activate the app shuts down. I cannot use it with my iPhone X!

Sorry for the late response. I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175022-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans16536ea4 Posted at 12-17 02:43
Hi, can I buy osomo shiled from US website to cover osmo pocket australian version?
I couldn't find osmo shield in australian website

Hi there, we're sorry that the Osmo Shield is available in China Mainland, US and Canada for now. And it is not recommended to purchase Osmo Shield from US if you purchased Australian version. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mjpatterson1@me.com Posted at 12-17 01:46
Tried 2 wireless networks, success after logging in with wifi off using 4G  Resolved now, thank you.

Great to hear it works now. Wish you have a good time!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

olitch Posted at 12-18 08:32
just stupid answers from dji via email, they think we are to stupid to connect the smartphone with the OP....ok i finish now and give the OP back to the Shop. I dont know why DJI is not fair enough to tell us, please stop trying to activate your OP, your smatphone is not compatible, so we all can use our time for better things.

Hi olitch, we're so sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I have your ticket number or email address when you contacted our support? We'll keep learning and offering a better service for our valued customers.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_rAEakqZuizCt Posted at 12-17 08:47
Activation failed Here too. Tried iPhone 7p, iPhone 6s, OnePlus 6. With WLAN/4G No Chance.

Sir, is there any error message when the activation failed? Could you provide us with the SN? We'd like to check and see whether we can help.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Matt Do Condor Posted at 12-17 10:28
Is there a way to activate the osmo pocket without the mimo app ????
In some manuals was written, that it can be activated manual over the osmo pocket itself.
I got the osmo today, and it says I have to activate via the mimo-app on a newer smartphone that I dont have.

Hi Matt Do Condor, it is recommended to activate the Osmo Pocket with DJI Mimo. May I know which step are you stuck with? Have you tried to reinstall the App and check again? Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sheeshah Posted at 12-17 13:38
Its interesting. I have tried the activation with many different devices. Even when i connect the OP via the USB C-Port on the downside of the device with another Smartphone it will be recognized but Activation did not work. Is ist possible, that DJI simply did not include some serial numbers in their activation Database, so that these devices never will get activated until the database is fixed?

Is it possible that my Osmo (or Serial Number) may be not in the Activation Table or even programmed in the Osmo Pocket? Please DJI, explain why many of us burned many Hours for nothing.

Hi Sheeshah, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The designated team will take care once they received the package, thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans36009982 Posted at 12-17 13:56
Same here . My serial number is[view_image]   OW7DF980127674
I tried it with iPhone x an iPad Pro

Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, have you tried to switch the internet and restart all devices to check?
If the activation still fails, please send the unit in for replacement, thank you!
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shumotoriki Posted at 12-17 18:02
hi, I exchanged the unit at the DJI store in Hong Kong. Thanks

That's OK. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans457eb675 Posted at 12-17 18:11
same problem here, cannot activate new pocket osmo

Hi there, we've read your another comment and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174954-1-1.html Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_5UM2qkCFpVzC Posted at 12-17 18:27
I'm having the same issue and will return mine this weekend if I can't get it working.

Hi there, may we have the screenshot of error message and the SN for better assistance? Thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

miktan66 Posted at 12-17 23:19
HI Dji Can you please follow up on my Case (#1514975) and provide an update , waiting to hear how I can get a replacement as I bought my osmo from The Dji Online store. ???

Thank You

Received with thanks! We'll push the team and help you get an update soon.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

eBjorgum Posted at 12-18 01:33
Living in Norway and bought my first DJI product:

A Osmo Pocket with a 128GB Kingston Canvas React MicroSDXC card.

Hi ErikB, could you refer to the below and export the crash log? I'll forward to our engineers to analyze, thank you!
iTools---Toolbox---crash log---DJIMimo.xxxxxxx.ips

2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Janka Posted at 12-18 09:03
Same problem. Very disappointed

Hi Janka, may I have the screenshot and SN for double check?
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

deepnpisgah Posted at 12-18 09:30
DJI sent out a marketing email on Nov 28. That link provided no mention of any device compatibility nor any reference to a requirement to have the Mimo app to activate. Even today the main marketing page for Osmo Pocket doesn't mention this, it only talks about smartphones and android, not some very limited number of smartphones. It's only on the Mimo App page where compatibility is mentioned (way down at the bottom), and I'm going to doubt that information was there on Nov 28 given the surprise level once people started getting their pockets.

Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry for the confusion. Our engineers are keeping testing the mobile device and will add more mobile devices soon. Also, we'll keep improving the experience and reduce the similar troubles in the future.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans9426b891 Posted at 12-18 19:19
Anyone else having problems exchanging it?  DJI keeps telling me they are going to email me a shipping label and nothing.  When I contact them it is always "wait another 24hours"

Sir, may I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and help you get an update soon.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SeeJayAre Posted at 12-18 17:34
Almost a week since the initial post... still no fix, I've tried everything suggested in this thread. This is unacceptable, should have been fixed within 24hrs. Un-gate the firmware update or update the app.

Hi SeeJayAre, sorry for the troubles. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here:
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The team will send a replacement once they received the package.
2018-12-19
Use props
fans37df1c54
lvl.1
Poland

Hi,

I have same problem and send case to repair .dji.com 2 days ago, but till now non answer. My ticket case: CAS-2571763-L1J8L0
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_PvwxcY8qDId4
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-15 23:47
Sir, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly restart the Osmo Pocket and its app, then try to activate it again, making sure they have a good internet connection.
If the activation still fails, we're sorry that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Please kindly offer us the case number once you got it, we'd like to follow up.

i'm on the REGISTER page and have created a valid PW.  I've entered the captcha code carefully.  When I click on REGISTER at the bottom of the app, the captcha changes and it prompts me to enter the code again!
2018-12-19
Use props
fans16536ea4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 12-19 02:08
Hi there, we're sorry that the Osmo Shield is available in China Mainland, US and Canada for now. And it is not recommended to purchase Osmo Shield from US if you purchased Australian version. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.

Hi,
Osomo shield can purchase within 30 days of activation. When would it be came out in australia?
If it's not come out within 30 days of lauching the product in australia, it would not be fair to australian people.
2018-12-20
Use props
eBjorgum
New
Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 12-19 04:34
Hi ErikB, could you refer to the below and export the crash log? I'll forward to our engineers to analyze, thank you!
iTools---Toolbox---crash log---DJIMimo.xxxxxxx.ips

Have no clue what iTools---Toolbox---crash log---DJIMimo.xxxxxxx.ips is. Sorry
2018-12-20
Use props
LESGECKOS
lvl.1
France

Just received a brand new Osmo Pocket yesterday for nothing, activation impossible...

With Samsung, Iphone, Ipad, nothing works and customer service tell me I have to pay to send it back???
I'm dissapointed.
2018-12-20
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

LESGECKOS Posted at 12-20 01:54
Just received a brand new Osmo Pocket yesterday for nothing, activation impossible...
[view_image]

Have you tried downloading and running VPN software. It seems to have worked for everyone whose tried it.
2018-12-20
Use props
LESGECKOS
lvl.1
France

No I haven't seen that, witch VPN can I use?
Thanks for helping by the way.
2018-12-20
Use props
LESGECKOS
lvl.1
France

fansceed7082 Posted at 12-20 02:09
Have you tried downloading and running VPN software. It seems to have worked for everyone whose tried it.

Thanks, I've tried X VPN but doesn't work for me. I think I'll send the OP back to DJI. Thanks again for helping.
2018-12-20
Use props
eBjorgum
New
Norway

I updated my iPhone XS Max to the new iOS 12.1.2 today. Re-installed the Mimo app, but it did not fix the activation.

My final solution was to activate my Osmo Pocket through an iPhone X to a friend of mine. On the same WiFi. Now I can use the Osmo Pocket as a stand alone camera.
Waiting for the Mimo update to connect my own iPhone. Come on DJI, you can do it
2018-12-20
Use props
jazzymen
New

France

Hi, jazzymen.

Check your dgaven@free.fr inbox for an account activation link from DJI's Forum.You cannot post on DJI's Forum until you activate your account. If you didn't receive the email, then click here to resend it.
2018-12-20
Use props
jazzymen
New

France

Hello
i'm french,
activation is impossible with an iphone or a usbc.
received yesterday but still impossible.
S / N: 0W7DFB60123790
What should I do ?
should I send it back now?
Thank you for your reply
2018-12-20
Use props
fans4f3f968d
New
Singapore

Hi DJI,

I was very upset that after the first activate , i was unable to link with my DJI osmo pocket again
here is the attach picture while i open the APP, no matter how much done i click it still can't connect to my iphone X
2018-12-20
Use props
fans457eb675
lvl.1
United States

none of the solutions described worked for me - after waiting for 3 weeks for delivery  i was unable to activate the pocket osmo.  fast forward many hours of dji support later, dji told me to return it to them for a refund. what a letdown. i hope they get their act together - we won't be featuring the osmo at our band videoshoot after all
2018-12-20
Use props
fans457eb675
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG Posted at 12-14 19:46
6. Click the link after dji.com
7. Enter a new password in the first field
8. Enter the same password in the second field

process is as complex as you say it is - but it didn't work for me
dji should definitely make their password change process language specific
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_8Y55i66D8SmU
New
Flight distance : 1939 ft
United States

What a piece of garbage. First of all its a load of crap that you have to use a phone to register a camera. And second, all I get is activation failed. Time to post a nasty youtube review and send this paperweight back.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans37df1c54 Posted at 12-19 06:06
Hi,

I have same problem and send case to repair .dji.com 2 days ago, but till now non answer. My ticket case: CAS-2571763-L1J8L0

Sorry for the late response. I've forwarded to the designated team and will help you get an update soon.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_PvwxcY8qDId4 Posted at 12-19 07:08
i'm on the REGISTER page and have created a valid PW.  I've entered the captcha code carefully.  When I click on REGISTER at the bottom of the app, the captcha changes and it prompts me to enter the code again!

Sorry for the troubles. May I know which mobile device do you use? Could you switch to home WiFi/Internet and check if the issue remains? Alternatively, you may try to reinstall the APP to verify, please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans16536ea4 Posted at 12-20 00:08
Hi,
Osomo shield can purchase within 30 days of activation. When would it be came out in australia?
If it's not come out within 30 days of lauching the product in australia, it would not be fair to australian people.

Hi there, thanks for heading up. We do not have the news when the Osmo Shield will be available in Australia for now. Sorry about this. If it is ready, your situation will be considered at that time, no worries.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

eBjorgum Posted at 12-20 00:48
Have no clue what iTools---Toolbox---crash log---DJIMimo.xxxxxxx.ips is. Sorry

Sorry for the confusion. It is recommended to download the iTools on PC, connect with your mobile and then refer to the pathway to export.

BTW, may I know what's the language of your iPhone? You may set the iPhone language to Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese, German or French to verify whether it works, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules