Osmo Pocket Won’t Activate
956601 956601 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SM_19
lvl.1

United States

Today I received my Osmo Pocket. Let it fully charge, and went to begin activation. I have tried everything to get it to activate, each time giving me an activation data error. I have reset my phone and the Osmo, deleted the app, removed as card, tried on WiFi and LTE, tried different DJI accounts and no one of which have worked. Unfortunately since the device requires activation it is pretty much bricked until I get passed this error. I have the iPhone XS Max, so the phone shouldn’t be the issue here. Kinda frustrated after waiting for the awesome thing to arrive only to be greeted by this error that won’t even allow me to try the camera out. If anyone has an information or updates, please let me know.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans727d5526
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Not sure, but had a little thought. When I got mine today, it would start to activate then would stop. I also noticed that it was not always launching the app. I looked at the lightening connector adapter on the OSMO and could see that it had just a little bit more to snap into the correct place. After that mine worked fine, launches Mimo, update went fine.
2018-12-12
Use props
SM_19
lvl.1

United States

We’re you also getting the error for activation? I will have to try this thanks
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi u cannot login or get activation error?

would u plz have the photo where u get stuck?

If u tried multiple times and still get  "Activation data error. Please restart the device and try again."

We need the osmo pocket serial number .
(you can scan the qr code at the bottom of  osmopocket)
2018-12-12
Use props
SM_19
lvl.1

United States

That did not work for me. It says device is connect but then tells me that the device is activation data error
2018-12-12
Use props
SM_19
lvl.1

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 18:01
Hi u cannot login or get activation error?

would u plz have the photo where u get stuck?

I have done this multiple times. I can’t seem to get any answer. Very frustrated after waiting for this product and having it arrive and it doesn’t work because of server issues
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SM_19, we are so sorry for the troubles on activation, may I have the serial number of Osmo Pocket for further support? Please find it in the package or scan the QR code at the bottom of the device, thank you very much.
2018-12-12
Use props
SM_19
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 18:41
Hi SM_19, we are so sorry for the troubles on activation, may I have the serial number of Osmo Pocket for further support? Please find it in the package or scan the QR code at the bottom of the device, thank you very much.

I have called and provided this information and they are telling me they won’t know for up to 2 days when the fix could be sent out....
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SM_19 Posted at 12-12 18:56
I have called and provided this information and they are telling me they won’t know for up to 2 days when the fix could be sent out....

Please PM me the serial number and I will help to check, thank you.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans57f3213d
lvl.1
Australia

Received my long wait for the pocket and same error
msg pop up data error and can not activate, this is so annoying! What’s the fix? Got pocket brick is all I have and it sucks
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans57f3213d Posted at 12-13 01:04
Received my long wait for the pocket and same error
msg pop up data error and can not activate, this is so annoying! What’s the fix? Got pocket brick is all I have and it sucks

Hello there, sorry to know you have the same issue, please reboot the Osmo Pocket and the APP, make sure the network is great and activate it again, if the issue persists, please provide us the serial number of the device and the error message, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
fans57f3213d
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 02:27
Hello there, sorry to know you have the same issue, please reboot the Osmo Pocket and the APP, make sure the network is great and activate it again, if the issue persists, please provide us the serial number of the device and the error message, thank you.

Same thing where do I provide you my serial number and is there a fix already?
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans57f3213d Posted at 12-13 02:48
Same thing where do I provide you my serial number and is there a fix already?

The serial number can be found in the package or scan the QR code at the bottom of the device, please send me PM, we will help to check, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Same thing. Where should I send you my SN ?
2018-12-13
Use props
divodee01
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 02:55
The serial number can be found in the package or scan the QR code at the bottom of the device, please send me PM, we will help to check, thank you.

I’m getting the same “activation data error” message as well
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_1FJ1ZBWB8WyA
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem with "activation data error"!!!
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

divodee01 Posted at 12-13 09:12
I’m getting the same “activation data error” message as well

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue. Please kindly try to restart the Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo App, make sure the internet connection is working properly and then re-activate again. If the issue persists, please kindly provide us your Osmo Pocket's serial number for further confirmation. The serial can be found in the package, or you can scan the QR code at the bottom of the Osmo Pocket. Thank you in advance.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_1FJ1ZBWB8WyA Posted at 12-13 10:26
I have the same problem with "activation data error"!!!

Hello there, please check my post in 17#, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
fansa3286d99
New
United States

Just bought my DJI Osmo Pocket, brought it home to find out that I keep getting “Activation Failed”

PLEASE HELP!!!
2018-12-13
Use props
fansa3286d99
New
United States

fansa3286d99 Posted at 12-13 19:12
Just bought my DJI Osmo Pocket, brought it home to find out that I keep getting “Activation Failed”

PLEASE HELP!!!

2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38
New

Canada

I have the same problem. I can not activate. Im using iphone x. I don’t know what’s the problem. I also restart mu phone and my osmo pocket, but still the same result.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello there, did you attach the screenshot in 20#? I didn't see anything, may I have the serial number of your device as well? Please refer to my post in 17#, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38 Posted at 12-13 20:29
I have the same problem. I can not activate. Im using iphone x. I don’t know what’s the problem. I also restart mu phone and my osmo pocket, but still the same result.

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same problem, may I have the serial number of your device and the exact error message in the APP? Please refer to my post in 17#, thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 22:48
Hi there, sorry to know you have the same problem, may I have the serial number of your device and the exact error message in the APP? Please refer to my post in 17#, thank you.

0W7DFB70128351
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38
New

Canada

djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38 Posted at 12-13 22:51
0W7DFB70128351

2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38
New

Canada

djiuser_vWQLwG0s3Q38 Posted at 12-13 22:53

2018-12-13
Use props
fansbda5b609
New

Hong Kong

Hi There!

Same problem occurred to me. Just wonder if I go to the nearest shop in Hong Kong and change a new one?

Really disappointed about this experience. Never happened to me in other DJI's purchase.

Any solution?

Thanks
2018-12-14
Use props
fans9f515531
New
Armenia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-13 19:07
Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue. Please kindly try to restart the Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo App, make sure the internet connection is working properly and then re-activate again. If the issue persists, please kindly provide us your Osmo Pocket's serial number for further confirmation. The serial can be found in the package, or you can scan the QR code at the bottom of the Osmo Pocket. Thank you in advance.

I’m having same problem

Photo attached with details.

Please advice!
2018-12-14
Use props
divodee01
New

United States

SN: 0W7DF930128233
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo
New

United States

Just drove 3 hours to pick mine up and it won't connect four activate either
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo
New

United States

djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo Posted at 12-14 13:14

I plug in the device it launches the app automatically so I know my phone is seeing it it starts to activate in immediately says check device connection and goes back to the home screen. I'm on an Android Galaxy s9 plus
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo
New

United States

djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo Posted at 12-14 13:14

Also tried it on my lgv30 same issue
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_zILuTpgWT3ze
New

Australia

Activation failed for the last 2 days. Tried 2 different iPhone X, 2 different logins and still no luck with the DJI Mimo app. I can PM my serial number if needed.
2018-12-14
Use props
fansb1061e74
New

United States

Same issue with activation SN0W7DF8W0220589
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

If the error persists, please contact our support www.dji.com/support or your reseller for the replacement, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zILuTpgWT3ze Posted at 12-14 16:01
Activation failed for the last 2 days. Tried 2 different iPhone X, 2 different logins and still no luck with the DJI Mimo app. I can PM my serial number if needed.

Hello there, yes, please, we need the serial number and the error message, please send me PM, thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbda5b609 Posted at 12-14 00:33
Hi There!

Same problem occurred to me. Just wonder if I go to the nearest shop in Hong Kong and change a new one?

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, if you have the same error and the issue persists after rebooting, please contact your seller for the replacement service, thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans9f515531 Posted at 12-14 05:39
I’m having same problem

Photo attached with details.

Hi there, could you please PM me the serial number of the device and the error message? Thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, if you have the same error and the issue persists after rebooting, please contact your seller for the replacement service, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb1061e74 Posted at 12-15 00:40
Same issue with activation SN0W7DF8W0220589

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, if you have the same error and the issue persists after rebooting, please contact your seller for the replacement service, thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules