can't swap between camera and video after firmware upgrade!!
2595 11 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibdunn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1633406 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just upgraded the firmware on my Mavic Pro zoom & Mavic pro 2 - now crystal sky won't let me go to video!!  Works fine with Moverio Galsses and with Ipad so makes me think just a crystal sky issue - then I did a factory reset of crystal sky - still no help...

Any one else having issues???

I am so frustrated about losing Crystal Sky again -
2018-12-12
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

"I just upgraded the firmware on my Mavic Pro zoom & Mavic pro 2 - now crystal sky won't let me go to video!!"  - What do you mean? Can You explain a bit more to understand?
2018-12-13
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I mean there is no way to record video - I can't swap from camera to video camera!  I have tried changing from sports, to tripod etc ... no help -all works normal on ipad and moverio.  Not sure how else to explain - no ability to enable the video camera and film - camera for photos is the only thing I can use
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. What is the firmware version of your crystal sky? Have you tried to check if there's an update with the application in crystal sky? Are you still getting a live feed from the crystal sky? Have you tried to restart the aircraft and the crystal sky? Would it be possible if you could provide a short video of this issue? You can use google drive or dropbox to upload the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2018-12-13
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem on both my Mavics (zoom and pro2)   - button on screeen that changes from camera to video and back will only see camera - can't swap it.  Using android on my Moverio Glasses - no issue all worked fine.  Using IPAD  - all worked fine no problem -

I rstared the crystal sky - and even reformatted it - I looked for an update to it and as far as I can see was running current software -

2018-12-13
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

OK here are videos of the issue -compare bewtween Crystl SKy not working and IPAD working - also a pict of the Crystal Sky Version - I have the most current firmware on CS to

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZLRaHBdvYa4BV5bR7

2018-12-13
Use props
Garrysimmons
New
Flight distance : 56309 ft
  • >>>
United States

ibdunn Posted at 12-13 23:32
OK here are videos of the issue -compare bewtween Crystl SKy not working and IPAD working - also a pict of the Crystal Sky Version - I have the most current firmware on CS to

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZLRaHBdvYa4BV5bR7

I'm having the exact same experience with my crystalsky.  Were you able to get this resolved?
2018-12-19
Use props
sclelectronics
lvl.4
United States

Hello Everyone,
Newbie post...
Just got my m2pro and 5.5”crystalsky.
I have updated all firmware and go4 app.
Well I have no problems toggling between photo and video on my crystalsky.
And both are functioning fine.
Just as a check, the photo and video record buttons on the rc work too..

Just took my m2pro on it maiden flight.
What a beautiful piece of technology..
This is from an engineer...
2018-12-19
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. This is Albert. How may I help you today?

Hi Bonny.

hi - my issue is with the crystal sky -
11:28

ever since i updated the firmware on my mavic pro 2 - the crystal sky won't let me swap between camera and video

see this thresd

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1687331

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your unit. I'll be more than happy to help!

ipad works fine -swap between video and camera and moverio glasses which are android work 2

Let me check that for you.
11:31

May I know how you updated the firmware?

i used computer -

i just downgraded it to previous version -no help -

i have factory reset crystal sky a couple of times -restareted boith
11:32

crystal sky worthless to me without pictue takin abilities

everything works fine on ipad - but wondering if there could be some swithc i am missing

never had an issue till i did new software
11:33

I see.

if u followed link to dji forum ui can see video i posted of the issue -someone else having same issue too
11:35

Let me check this further Bonny.
11:38

I'm sorry for the wait. I'm still checking this for you. Please stay on the line.

【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.
11:41

Thank you for your patience. I still need more time. Please stay on the line.

ok i am here
11:42

Thank you very much.
11:45

Thank you for waiting Bonny.

ok
11:50

Have you try to back up and reset your crystalsky Bonny?
11:51

yes -i have reformatted it to factory a couple of times

i am downloading old version now to try and reset to that but the old version wouldn't recognise mavic pro - i'm just trying to fully reset the Crystal Sky
11:53

it seems like a problem with the CS that started after i upgraded pro firmware -downgrading pro firmware didn't resolve -factory restting CS did not resolve -so now trying to downgrade CS see if can reset further
11:55

I see. It is possible that it the crystalsky have a problem.Also a firmware update, the unit is not just upgrading enhancements but it is also doing an overall check up. After the update, the unit will be able to detect parts or systems with inconsistencies. After that, errors may just come out after the update.
11:57

YES CS has an issue -

don't know what u are trying to say
11:58

May I know when did you purhcase the CS?

last year -let me look
11:59

Sure.
12:02

april 16 2018 - from verydrone

I see.
12:04

May I know the Serial Number of your drone?
12:05

can i see it from dji assistant?

i have it plugged into the computer now
12:06

No Bonny.

【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.
12:09

i'm trying to read it

Sorry for the automatic prompt Bonny.
12:11

can't read it -but here is internal s/n from my airdata log

163DF8H001885Z
12:13

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.

trying to get CS to see the update on my sd card

not working for me
12:15

I see.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-163760-1-1.html

You can download previous firmware version (2.6.30 2018/04/12) for CrystalSky from DJI HERE.
You have to copy download to microSD card for CrystalSky.
Then point CrystalSky built-in Updater to local copy. Done by clicking (touching) 'Dots' in upper right hand corner from Updater menu.
12:17

what i downloaded is a bin file - it doesn' seem to see it
12:19

I see.

For this Bonny, I would recommend to send the CS to our facility for further evaluation.

i extracted it - i am trying it as a zip file
12:20

i really would appreciate someone helping me resolve this - as you can see i posted to forum quite a while ago and the administrator acted like he was going to help but haven't heard anything bak!
12:22

no help in trying to use zip file on CS - i am in updater in CS - top 3 dots for local update- doesn't see anything

how can i downgrade the CS
12:24

At the moment we do have a way to donwgrade the crystalsky. You already reset the CS right?

12:27

yes i have reset coupleof times

complete factory reset

the dji rep said u could downgrade with the instructions i copied to u before

but i am not having any luck

Alright, could you try to connec the CS on the home wifi.
12:28

i've had it on wifi and lookded for other updates

what do u want me to luck fo

look for

it's on wifi now
12:29

Is there any updates available?

no updates no

i've looked for those too -

i'm on 2.06.06.00
12:31

downgraded pro to 1.00.0100 - it was on 1.00.0200

I see.
12:34

any ideas - am i just screwed still ...
12:35

I am checking foo orther option Bonny. Since we all do all possibloe troubleshooting for this issue.

12:38

ok
12:40

Thank you for waiting.
12:43

We do apologize for the inconvenience. But for this it seems that we already do the possible troubleshopoting steps for this.

so my $400 will continue to remain worthless? Does this get escalated to someone who will try and figure it out??
12:47

I undertand the frustration Bonny. But if you send that unit our repair wil able to evaluate the unit and see what is the problem.
12:49

there are 2 us listed on the forum with the same prblem

so nothing wrong with my CS - the issue happened after update on Mavic Pro 2

there is a software glitch - my ipad works fine and my moverio glasses work fine
12:51

moverio glasses are androind based
12:52

Yes that is correct Bonny the CS is android base. I can forward this to opur developers and wait for there feedback but it might take time also.
12:55

i'm installing litchi right now

Okay Bonny.
12:57

with litchi camera works

I see. It is okay to forwarf this first to our developers Bonny?

video works too
12:58

please please

forward to developers

Customer service is typing . . .

2018-12-25
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

still not resolved but litchi works
2018-12-25
Use props
ibdunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Garrysimmons Posted at 2018-12-19 14:35
I'm having the exact same experience with my crystalsky.  Were you able to get this resolved?

I still haven't gotten issue resolved after firmware upgrade -still can't swap between video and camera and can't take video or picts -have you had any luck on your end?
2019-1-11
Use props
newcut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76755 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ibdunn Posted at 1-11 00:43
I still haven't gotten issue resolved after firmware upgrade -still can't swap between video and camera and can't take video or picts -have you had any luck on your end?

Same Problem here. Litchi is running, but no luck with DJI Go. Can‘t toggle between modes and no record.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules