11089 24 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ognap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 687808 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Just open box of Osmo Pocket and follow the instruction to plug-in with iphone for activation and update fireware. It showed fireware update successfully but sudden power off. it cannot be turn on and led is not light when try to charge it with USB-C.

How can i reset it ? or waste my time to wait for replacement.

so disappointed ....
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ognap. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with your new DJI Osmo Pocket and with DJI. The best way to help you with this issue that we have today is to get in touch with DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support and create a case for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ognap, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, any chance to share us a short sample video of charging process and powering on for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-12-14
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good question (for an unfortunate reason).  Osmo (original) and Zenmuse M1 have "RESET" procedures set forth in both the manual and video.  I haven't seen anything other than a "reset"  on the device itself.  (see page 7, last item under 2. System Settings of the User Manual)
Unfortunately, you can't perform that kind of reset unless you can get the thing running!

FWIW, I'd try an online Chat Session through the DJI Support webpage.  It will take some time, but if they can't help, BEG for a return authorization and a Case #.
User manual page 7..png
2018-12-14
Use props
ognap
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My Osmo Pocket has been certified death by DJI service centre in DJI flag shop, and replaced a new one for me.
2018-12-14
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3219537 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I updated the firmware on my osmo pocket and now the gimbal is not working well. The gimbal stays level for a few seconds then moves almost like POV mode but still tries to level itself.  Every 20 seconds or so it says its "gimbal overheated".  There is a vibration depending which way you turn it and eventually a warning appears "gimbal protected, tap to resume."

Very frustrating.  I did speak to support and they said to make sure the quality on video was "fine" not "superfine".  

I own numerous DJI products but this one is disappointing.  I have the DJI Osmo +, the Osmo mobile 2, and 5 of the DJI phantoms (1, 2 ,2x3's and the 4Pro).   I have a feeling this gimbal is toast.

2018-12-14
Use props
Ltrain425
New

United States

I have the exact same problem. After the firmware update the device refuses to turn on. I haven't even had it for 6 hours - had planned to use it to film some kids tomorrow. Very dissappointed. Will likely return it for a refund.
2018-12-14
Use props
AldoRosales
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1452090 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

recent I received my Osmo pocket and charge batteries and update and I used it making a couple of videos I tried to put it to charge and when you turn it on it does not work or turn on the light or pressing the button or when you connect the cable to charge it
My Osmo pocket is death

Please help to replace it
2018-12-17
Use props
H.B.Fard
lvl.2
Vietnam

I flew from Germany to Malaysia 15 days ago and then I've got a resale over priced OFFICIAL Osmo Pocket in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, (Since the units in Kuala Lumpur were limited and in high demand), in order to document my trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Today, while I was waiting in airport I've tried the time-lapse option on a flat surface and suddenly unit stopped working after 2-3 mins while time lapsing at 70 percent battery. it is like the unit is totally dead.
And it left me so disappointed since the only reason that I've got the unit for was to document my trip to Cambodia. (
And I don't think I want a replacement unit anymore. I would like my money back when I back to Malaysia plz.
2018-12-23
Use props
fansa7115c94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377913 ft
  • >>>
Austria

H.B.Fard Posted at 12-23 01:58
I flew from Germany to Malaysia 15 days ago and then I've got a resale over priced OFFICIAL Osmo Pocket in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, (Since the units in Kuala Lumpur were limited and in high demand), in order to document my trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Today, while I was waiting in airport I've tried the time-lapse option on a flat surface and suddenly unit stopped working after 2-3 mins while time lapsing at 70 percent battery. it is like the unit is totally dead.
And it left me so disappointed since the only reason that I've got the unit for was to document my trip to Cambodia. :'((

Hi, Same problem, got my Osmo Pocket yesterday, made some films today and pluged it in to my computer. 4 hours later it is completely dead, cannot turn it on. So cannot use it for Christmas. So disappointing.
2018-12-23
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I too have problems with my new OsmoP. Registration process went ok and all seemed to be working ok but won’t prompt me to update firmware, saw it flash up very briefly that new firmware was available but notification dissapeared before I could press. Also noticed that Osmo P in standalone mode now defaults to Chinese language when not connected to my iPhone, Would love to know how to do a master/factory reset and start over
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_NnXAqM7082Ny
New
United States

I used my Osmo Pocket after firmware update for 1 day, went to charge it, watched the green light blink while it charged, then there was no light so I assumed it was done. Now it wont even power on. It’s a paperweight. I’ve tried everything and I’m so disappointed in my only Christmas gift that my wife bought me. I see others have the same problem and it sounds like a refund is needed until they learn to perfect this device.
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_NnXAqM7082Ny
New
United States

fansa7115c94 Posted at 12-23 10:08
Hi, Same problem, got my Osmo Pocket yesterday, made some films today and pluged it in to my computer. 4 hours later it is completely dead, cannot turn it on. So cannot use it for Christmas. So disappointing.

Same thing happened to mine. 1 day of use and now it won’t turn on.
2018-12-25
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here. My battery was nearly empty. I wanted to charge it and now it won't turn on. Totally bricked. Also there no led active while charging.

Is there any kind of cold reset possible?

Edit: Just tried to open a support case. Well - there is no Osmo Pocket in the dropdown-box and where do I find the serial number of the Pocket?
2018-12-28
Use props
ognap
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

EMBE Posted at 12-28 01:28
Same here. My battery was nearly empty. I wanted to charge it and now it won't turn on. Totally bricked. Also there no led active while charging.

Is there any kind of cold reset possible?

SN label stick on the packing box if you still keep it.
2018-12-28
Use props
Cott
New
Puerto Rico

Osmo pocket doesn't turn on. Dead.
2019-1-9
Use props
fansaf64abd5
New

Brunei

Hi. My osmo pocket is completely dead after trying to capture a few videos. Tried to charge it but it wont start. The lights arent blinking as well. Anyone know what should i do?
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansaf64abd5 Posted at 1-12 06:59
Hi. My osmo pocket is completely dead after trying to capture a few videos. Tried to charge it but it wont start. The lights arent blinking as well. Anyone know what should i do?

Hi there, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, may I know how did it happen?  Did you update to the latest firmware V1.3.0.20 we released on 01.07?
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cott Posted at 1-9 16:20
Osmo pocket doesn't turn on. Dead.

Hi Cott, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, did you sent in the device? May I know how did it happen? Did you update to the latest firmware V1.3.0.20 we released on 01.07 before the issue happened?
2019-1-18
Use props
Dcowks
New

Bolivia

My osmo pocket does not turn on anymore after the firmware update
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_C5ClXhe94T42
lvl.1
France

Hello
I bought a DJI Osmo Pocket four months ago and it worked perfectly. Last week, when I connected it to my IPhone X it found a new firmware and began to download it. Suddenly, it disconnected and never reconnected from this moment, neither by lightning nor by usb-c on an Android device nor by WiFi module I bought to verify if it was possible
I am very disappointed
2019-4-26
Use props
Juan Carlos Cantó
New

Spain

Hi, after updating to the V01.07 alfway crashed and re updated it.
Now the osmo doesnt have any of the characteristics is should have, like pro mode with fps selection and quality and hyperlapse...

Anyone had this issue?
2019-6-15
Use props
djiuser_robJPxvQFEpv
New

India

I bought my OSMO pocket about a month ago and now it has stopped working. When I turn it on the screen goes black and unresponsive. Very disappointed, didn't expect this. I live in India and there's no service center of DJI in India. DJI please help.
2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_ZL0LF56A5HyB
New

Sweden

My pocket 2 does not boot up. The gimbal starts and the screen flashes on and off with a black screen. I just got it today and it was dead on arrival.
2021-5-26
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_ZL0LF56A5HyB Posted at 5-26 12:29
My pocket 2 does not boot up. The gimbal starts and the screen flashes on and off with a black screen. I just got it today and it was dead on arrival.

Can we assume you fully charged it?

One would hope you can send it back.
2021-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules