Battery Life?
1121 20 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dewey3
lvl.2
United States

Ok, from all of the reading I see that the OP's unchangable internal battery is expected to give approximately 140 minutes recording time at 1080p/30fps, and recharage in approximately 73 minutes when using a 10W charger, give or take.  However, for those of us who would certainly hate to run the OP with a phone attached (sure takes away from its "Pocket" portion of the name), how much will the battery life be even more reduced when using the wireless adpater so we can still use ours phones without actually attaching them to the OP???  Also, if the wireless adapter attaches at the bottom of the OP, will we be able to run an external power source/recharge the OP's battery when the wireless adapter is attached and in use???

Edit:  Since the review videos show the wireless adapter attached at the bottom, will we be able to use the wireless adapter with the extender???

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward your query to our team for further clarification, however, we would like to ask, if you've wanted to use some kind of battery power bank to supply power to the Osmo Pocket while using the wireless adapter? If yes, the process is possible, however, DJI recommends to fully charge the battery of the Osmo Pocket before using it for safety purposes of the unit. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-13
Use props
Dewey3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-13 14:27
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward your query to our team for further clarification, however, we would like to ask, if you've wanted to use some kind of battery power bank to supply power to the Osmo Pocket while using the wireless adapter? If yes, the process is possible, however, DJI recommends to fully charge the battery of the Osmo Pocket before using it for safety purposes of the unit. Thank you for continued support.

First, thank you Tony.  While I may feel totally different after actually getting an OP, I just cannot see myself wanting to run the OP while attached to my phone.  As a Phantom 3 and MPP user, I fully understand the importance of starting with a fully charged battery.  However, my wife and I are RVers, and I can easily picture taking the OP out in the morning and using it during the entire day.  Since we would be out and about, having the ability to keep the OP charged is very important to me.  My current plan would be to use my USB power bank (powered by AA batteries) or my MPP's battery USB adapter to keep the OP charged throughout the day.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dewey3 Posted at 12-13 14:46
First, thank you Tony.  While I may feel totally different after actually getting an OP, I just cannot see myself wanting to run the OP while attached to my phone.  As a Phantom 3 and MPP user, I fully understand the importance of starting with a fully charged battery.  However, my wife and I are RVers, and I can easily picture taking the OP out in the morning and using it during the entire day.  Since we would be out and about, having the ability to keep the OP charged is very important to me.  My current plan would be to use my USB power bank (powered by AA batteries) or my MPP's battery USB adapter to keep the OP charged throughout the day.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. The power bank can be used to charge your Osmo Pocket, however for the  MPP battery, this hasn't been recommended as well by DJI. Therefore, we don't have the cable that we could offer for this kind of situation. Thank you for understanding. Please let us know if you have other question. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dewey3 Posted at 12-13 14:46

Keep in mind when doing this you cannot use any accessory which all tie in on the same USB C port.
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_hgF2bhh5ULGe
lvl.1
Canada

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-12-16 18:52
Keep in mind when doing this you cannot use any accessory which all tie in on the same USB C port.

They should've built-in another USB-C passthrough underneath the wireless adapter for instance. It would solve some problems. Also, the built-in battery certainly does not help at all haha.
2019-3-26
Use props
NorthTXAerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865433 ft
United States

Just an FYI, I just got my OSMO Pocket through a 2.5 hour concert deal. Ran the first half - about 1:20 at 4K with the wireless on and turned the device off VERY briefly at intermission. Turned it back on with an external battery charger hooked up to the wireless and had to run the second half at HD instead of 4K because of memory card space. Started out at the intermission at about 22% battery and ended up at about 70% battery thanks to the external battery being hooked up.

I'm using a battery similar to this and it's been working well. I like having the solar panel on the charger so there's a shot at getting a little more juice out of my battery if I'm in the field.

https://amzn.to/2HGR0hv
2019-3-26
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Using my power grip I'm getting 4x working time.

2019-3-26
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

BeterBan Posted at 3-26 12:48
Using my power grip I'm getting 4x working time.

[view_image]

Please someone ban this fake 'Austrian' from China and his constant advertising on the forum...
2019-3-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

i bought the "power grip" and am not a fan. the audio adapter doesn't work with it (seller stated it would not prevent the adapter from working). it does not have a secure "feel" to it when the gimbal is attached. not worth the coin I invested in it (25 dollars us). ill likely return it.
2019-3-27
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

This is my setup. I’m waiting for my cable with right angle connectors for better wiring.
2019-3-28
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

El Diabolico Posted at 3-26 23:11
Please someone ban this fake 'Austrian' from China and his constant advertising on the forum...

Ohhhhh an angry German! Come to Austria, it's beautiful!
People are nice, polite, less diabolic - and MORE TOLERANT than you ...  
Tja die Deutschen nördlich vom Weisswursthorizont ....

2019-3-28
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

marctronixx Posted at 3-27 17:56
i bought the "power grip" and am not a fan. the audio adapter doesn't work with it (seller stated it would not prevent the adapter from working). it does not have a secure "feel" to it when the gimbal is attached. not worth the coin I invested in it (25 dollars us). ill likely return it.

I am very satisfied with this grip - better holding OP, and power for a long time!
Audio adapter? Oh god, USB C is for LOADING! If you use audio adapter with OP
you cannot load OP.
2019-3-28
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

BeterBan Posted at 3-28 05:25
Ohhhhh an angry German! Come to Austria, it's beautiful!
People are nice, polite, less diabolic - and MORE TOLERANT than you ...  
Tja die Deutschen nördlich vom Weisswursthorizont ....

1. I am not German
2. I love Austria
3. You are not located in Austria and you know it ;)
4. There are Forum Rules for a reason, you are constantly braking them advertising your business
5. 我也可以使用谷歌翻譯
2019-3-28
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

You know what's equally annoying and unproductive? Backseat Moderators. If you think something is spam or advertising, there's the report button. Use it and move on. Stop derailing the thread, please.
2019-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 3-28 06:19
1. I am not German
2. I love Austria
3. You are not located in Austria and you know it ;)

Rules you say hmmmmm ....
2019-3-30
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

2019-3-30
Use props
cgbrian.com
lvl.3
United States

Picking a piece from your post.. you cannot charge through the Wifi device?
2019-3-30
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Charging through wireless adapter is possible.
2019-3-30
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

tripleburst Posted at 3-28 06:44
You know what's equally annoying and unproductive? Backseat Moderators. If you think something is spam or advertising, there's the report button. Use it and move on. Stop derailing the thread, please.

I did, 5 times already and nothing is happening so it seems that the button isn't working.

You are welcome to follow your example and 'move on' also, not stopping to read my posts if you don't agree with me.
2019-4-1
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Really funny. ch, ch, ch You 'BeterBan' yourself  before DJI does it for you ;)
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules