1264 20 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

So took my OP out on the bike today for a quick test.  Perhaps I'm expecting too much from a gimbal camera (not had one before), but I've created a short video which has some challenges in it, and wondered if the more experienced of you can comment on what I'm doing wrong, if the OP is doing something it shouldn't or if I'm expecting too much.

For reference, I had my iPhone attached to my bike using a Morpheus M4s on the handlebars.  I then simply plugged the OP in to the lightning connector (which seems pretty robust and didn't fall off during the ride - thankfully!).  Anyway the results were interesting..

Any help much appreciated.

2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi TimK1, thank you for bringing this query to us and we apologize for the troubles you had. Unfortunately, the video you uploaded is not available. You may paste a link using a Google drive account or Dropbox for us to check and isolate the issue thoroughly. Have you encountered some errors with the app before using? Kindly let us know immediately for us to help. Thank you.

2018-12-14
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 07:39
Hi TimK1, thank you for bringing this query to us and we apologize for the troubles you had. Unfortunately, the video you uploaded is not available. You may paste a link using a Google drive account or Dropbox for us to check and isolate the issue thoroughly. Have you encountered some errors with the app before using? Kindly let us know immediately for us to help. Thank you.

[view_image]

Put it on Vimeo as Skypixel was taking so long - I think it should be working now...
2018-12-14
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Keep in mind the Osmo Pocket will struggle to compensate for the Z-axis. If it is mounted directly to your bike there will be a lot of small movements up and down; especially if you don't have shocks on your bike.

And also; was this video pulled directly from your phone or from the SD-card. The resolution is quite low, could it be possible this is only the cache video?
2018-12-14
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-14 07:53
Keep in mind the Osmo Pocket will struggle to compensate for the Z-axis. If it is mounted directly to your bike there will be a lot of small movements up and down; especially if you don't have shocks on your bike.

And also; was this video pulled directly from your phone or from the SD-card. The resolution is quite low, could it be possible this is only the cache video?

Hi the resolution is probably just me - I pulled it from the phone and edited it down (12 minutes of riding is not everyone's cup of tea).  I then did a medium 540p export from iMovie which explains the quality.  I was more interested in if the wobble on the clouds is to be expected, plus the neon sign flickering etc.

Sounds like it might be.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TimK1 Posted at 12-14 07:42
Put it on Vimeo as Skypixel was taking so long - I think it should be working now...

Hi TimK1, may we ask for the original video taken from the SD card? Also, have you tried to use the Osmo Pocket (handheld) and still having the same issue? Would it be possible to provide us with a screenshot of your SD card? It’s recommended to use a microSD card with a write speed of over 15MB/s. The Osmo supports up to 64GB Micro SD cards. The speed should be Class 10 or higher, or UHS-1.

Following SD cards are shown below:

Lexar 633X Class10 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD

Panasonic 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD

Sandisk Extreme 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD

Lexar 633X Class10 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD

Panasonic 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD

Sandisk Extreme 16 GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD

Thank you.

2018-12-14
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 08:12
Hi TimK1, may we ask for the original video taken from the SD card? Also, have you tried to use the Osmo Pocket (handheld) and still having the same issue? Would it be possible to provide us with a screenshot of your SD card? It’s recommended to use a microSD card with a write speed of over 15MB/s. The Osmo supports up to 64GB Micro SD cards. The speed should be Class 10 or higher, or UHS-1.

Hi

I have a Sandisk Extreme 64Gb - which I think should be fine.  Picture attached.

Not done much other shooting but will have more time over the weekend.  The original video on the SD card is 3.2Gb - which I think is a bit big to put anywhere - unless you have a dropbox or something I can use?

Thanks for looking into this.
2018-12-14
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

TimK1 Posted at 12-14 09:18
Hi

I have a Sandisk Extreme 64Gb - which I think should be fine.  Picture attached.

This section is taken straight off the SD card, clipped in QuickTime but not exported just saved.  Then uploaded to Vimeo, so they probably do some compression.  Anyway pretty weird stuff going on...

2018-12-14
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

The old Osmo/Osmo+ had a bike mount that had a small but effective shock absorber built into it.  I used it on a go kart and the footage was spectacular.  I wonder if DJI will make a similar mount for the pocket .
2018-12-14
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-14 10:00
The old Osmo/Osmo+ had a bike mount that had a small but effective shock absorber built into it.  I used it on a go kart and the footage was spectacular.  I wonder if DJI will make a similar mount for the pocket .

Shockmount sounds useful. Perhaps when the attachment accessory is out it could be used with a 3rd party mount of some description?
2018-12-15
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

TimK1 Posted at 12-15 05:42
Shockmount sounds useful. Perhaps when the attachment accessory is out it could be used with a 3rd party mount of some description?

This was taken with the Osmo+ with bike mount.  I hope I’ll be able to get similar footage with the Osmo Pocket

2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-14 09:35
This section is taken straight off the SD card, clipped in QuickTime but not exported just saved.  Then uploaded to Vimeo, so they probably do some compression.  Anyway pretty weird stuff going on...

OsmoPocketRideTest

It looks like a vibration problem, good test for you would be to test holding it in your hand without phone and see how the footage is.
I’m expecting that we will see a bicycle fitting as we have for the Osmo orignal and + ,

Just be careful if your using just one hand to cycle, maybe not such a busy road. It may help eliminate what is causing your problem.
2018-12-15
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-15 10:49
It looks like a vibration problem, good test for you would be to test holding it in your hand without phone and see how the footage is.
I’m expecting that we will see a bicycle fitting as we have for the Osmo orignal and + ,

Thanks Hallmark will give it a go and see how I get on.
2018-12-15
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 08:12

Every time a member of DJI replies on here they state a different maximum capacity for the Osmo Pocket Micro SD card. A few days ago a member of DJI staff said the max capacity was 128GB. Now you’re saying it’s 64GB, but the specs say it’s 256. GB (and that’s what I’m using). It’s a bit worrying when the DJI staff giving advice on here seem to lack even the most basic knowledge of the products they’re being asked about.
2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-15 14:24
Thanks Hallmark will give it a go and see how I get on.

Just one more thing, you will need to be in 50htz not 60htz, just in case your not.
2018-12-15
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks. What’s the difference / is it 50 or 60 depending which country you are in? So Uk should be 50? And US 60?
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-16 00:22
Thanks. What’s the difference / is it 50 or 60 depending which country you are in? So Uk should be 50? And US 60?

Yes Uk 50htz if you use 60htz you will get flickering, I don’t have my OP yet but there may also be an anti flicker option.
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TimK1 Posted at 12-16 00:22

Yes Uk 50htz if you use 60htz you will get flickering, I don’t have my OP yet but there may also be an anti flicker option.
2018-12-16
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-16 02:36

Cool. There’s an option to toggle between 50/60 but not a anti flicker that I can see.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Vermifuge Posted at 12-15 08:42
This was taken with the Osmo+ with bike mount.  I hope I’ll be able to get similar footage with the Osmo Pocket

https://youtu.be/tQvbzwB7uvc

Wow, would you mind to make a new thread for this video? That would be great!
2018-12-16
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

DJI Panda Posted at 12-16 23:08
Wow, would you mind to make a new thread for this video? That would be great!

I posted it ages ago in the osmo forum. but I just wanted to show what was possible with the correct accessories.  
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules