Map disappears in DJI Go4 after controller connects to aircraft
619 2 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustViewerFun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

Has anybody had this problem? It only happens in DJI Go4, not in Litchi, or any other apps.  I am using an older version that has worked well for me in the past, but recently this problem started occurring. Here's what happens, I ...
  • Plug my phone into the controller
  • Turn on my phone
  • Turn on my controller
  • Open DJI Go4 (automatically)
  • Tap "Enter Device"
  • The camera view appears, but it is empty because the Mavic Pro isn't on yet (normal so far). The map appears just like normal - except sometimes, it doesn't show where I am.
  • Turn on my Mavic Pro
  • Controller connects to my Mavic Pro
  • The camera view shows what it is looking at, and the map contents disappear. The frame is there and the controls in it are there, but the map disappears like this...
No Map1.png

If I tap on the map, it fills the screen and the camera view goes to the corner just like normal...

No Map3.png
But if I tap the camera view back to the full screen, the map disappears again. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What is causing this problem?  How do I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

2018-12-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

What version of the app are you using?
2018-12-14
Use props
JustViewerFun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

4.1.10, but the version shouldn't matter.  Once I had a stable setup with the firmware and app, I kept those versions.  I'm not interested in upgrading to a newer version either.  I also have installed the last version of the prior DJI GO app that ran with the Mavic, and that one runs fine.  It just doesn't have some of the features that go with the Mavic Pro.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules