Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU... wait, wait, wait and gooooooooo
688 3 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

How long did we have to wait before to fly with Inspire ?

2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi gersphoto.orange, thank you for bringing this query to us. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your aircraft. Have you encountered errors from the app before you took the flight? The IMU  calibration should take around 10 minutes. In Advanced settings-Sensors in APP, you can check the interference on the gyroscope and accelerometer under IMU settings. Tilt the aircraft in different directions and check the IMU bias reading. If parameters are in green and biases are small, calibration precision is high. You can tap Calibrate IMU to lower the values displayed. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you for your support.

2018-12-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 10:27
Hi gersphoto.orange, thank you for bringing this query to us. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your aircraft. Have you encountered errors from the app before you took the flight? The IMU  calibration should take around 10 minutes. In Advanced settings-Sensors in APP, you can check the interference on the gyroscope and accelerometer under IMU settings. Tilt the aircraft in different directions and check the IMU bias reading. If parameters are in green and biases are small, calibration precision is high. You can tap Calibrate IMU to lower the values displayed. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you for your support.

DJI Gamora, I think OP is referring to un-successful IMU calibrating procedure. This issue I encountered as well. The calibration freezes at last step (#5) and never finishes. One must abort the calibration by app re-boot.

Solution: changing the position of aircraft may result with "Calibration Successful" message. Always confirm the results with IMU bias readings.
2018-12-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

what I mean is when we want to fly how long does it take to wait after starting the drone to take off ?
I just need to know. I just want to know but apparently since some firmwares one of the IMU is very long to heat up or stabilize, almost 2 minutes. And if we do not wait, the drone drift, is unstable ... This problem did not exist before, it is also an incidence that produces the toilet bowl. I advise users to start the drone and DJI GO to check the IMU sensors before taking off, if they are not both green with a graduation close to 0 ... do not take off, the drone will be unstable it's going to drift. I do not know if it's the same for everyone, but this is the case for my Inspire 2
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules