1673 13 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kobo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 738317 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone find a way to mount this to a tripod? Looking for a way to securely set it down to take timelapses.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Kobo, thank you for bringing this query to us. There are 3 ways to mount the Osmo Pocket into a tripod.

Method 1:
Use the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module as a flat base.
Method 2:
Attach Osmo Pocket to the Extension Rod, which has a 1/4" tripod mount to which you can attach a third-party tripod or base.
Method 3:
Attach Osmo Pocket to the Accessory Mount, which is capable of connecting to a tripod.

Hope this helps. Should there be any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
Kobo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 09:58
Hi Kobo, thank you for bringing this query to us. There are 3 ways to mount the Osmo Pocket into a tripod.

Method 1:

Thanks for your reply. What I meant was if anyone had a solution to mounting the Osmo Pocket to a tripod without using any of the accessories that haven’t been released yet.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kobo Posted at 12-14 10:02
Thanks for your reply. What I meant was if anyone had a solution to mounting the Osmo Pocket to a tripod without using any of the accessories that haven’t been released yet.

Hi Kobo. Apologies, currently, we have the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module that is available in our online store to use as a flat base tripod mount. Thank you. Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
Kobo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 10:14
Hi Kobo. Apologies, currently, we have the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module that is available in our online store to use as a flat base tripod mount. Thank you. Thank you.

I don’t see it currently available for purchase. Just for preorder.
2018-12-14
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Kobo Posted at 12-14 10:45
I don’t see it currently available for purchase. Just for preorder.

“Virtual availabilty “
2018-12-14
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Method 1:

Do you say the wireless base can be mounted on a tripod ?
2018-12-25
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

When I ordered my DJI Osmo Pocket Camera I thought ahead to how I would mount it to a tripod. I'm a photographer and shoot videos at Blues Clubs. I knew I could hack something together but I wanted a way to be able to fasten the Pocket to any tripod securely. I ordered the relative inexpensive CAMVATE Super Clamp that has 4 tripod screw threads that allow mounting in both vertical or horizontal positions. It works great and is very stable.

2018-12-26
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a plan... however it involves zip ties, popsicle sticks, and crazy glue... might be permanent, though.... so, maybe I'll wait until B&H Photo releases my pre-ordered Expansion kit.  :-)  [FWIW, both they, and Adorama are showing 'waiting for shipment to arrive.'
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nilsblix Posted at 12-25 01:46
Do you say the wireless base can be mounted on a tripod ?

Hi Nilsblix, no. You can only mount the Osmo Pocket to the wireless base being the tripod but can't be mounted on a tripod. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-26
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Method 1:

Hello DJI Gamora,

Could you elaborate on how could the Accessory Mount be attached to a tripod? It doesn't appear to have any standard tripod mounting hole? It looks to be a simple bracket with an attachment point for a GoPro style mount?

Thanks!
2018-12-26
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

rent Posted at 12-26 10:05
Hello DJI Gamora,

Could you elaborate on how could the Accessory Mount be attached to a tripod? It doesn't appear to have any standard tripod mounting hole? It looks to be a simple bracket with an attachment point for a GoPro style mount?

It's a standard action camera (GoPro) mount.  You just need something like this to attach it to any tripod

2018-12-26
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Vermifuge Posted at 12-26 11:42
It's a standard action camera (GoPro) mount.  You just need something like this to attach it to any tripod

[view_image]

Got it. Thanks for the info!
2018-12-26
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

This is my Blues Club Video Setup. I did live recording using this setup and it works great. Used my iPad Pro to position and record with my DJI Osmo Pocket Camera.

2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules