Activating without USB C - SOLUTION FOUND
2878 7 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

When I received my Osmo Pocket yesterday, like many people on this thread I was cursing DJI because neither of the two plug provided was appropriate for my Samsung phone, which uses either a full-size micro USB B connector... and like many other people I was unable to activate it.

I did find an easy solution though.

A quick trip to Staples yielded a $14 USB-C to Micro USB cable, which works just fine for activation....

Just connect it to your phone and to the BOTTOM usb port on the Osmo (the port you use for charging), and activate away.  One note though, be sure you do NOT have one of the other plugs in the receptor below the screen.  When I first tried it, I had one of the others installed, and no dice.  but after I removed it, it worked fine.

Maybe the DJI engineers will come up with the proper USB-C connector like they should have in the first place... but until then this does work.

cable.jpg
2018-12-14
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Does the mimo app also work as should by using the bottom USB connector?
2018-12-14
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

It appears to, I've only tested it a little bit but was able, I think, have full camera control with it.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_RjRNjTIvPDgJ
New

Switzerland

I have a Samsung S4 - Do you guys think this would work? Can you please test the app further (Story mode and video editing etc) and let us know if it works? I want to buy mine on Monday! I was so disappointed to read that I wouldn't be able to activate it with my Samsung S4 ... reading this is great! Please let us know more!
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi FauxFilm, thank you for sharing this to our co-users. Apologies for the troubles. As we aim to cater this as well to micro USB, this is currently not supported. However, this is already been noted and being forwarded to our engineers to create a possible solution. We thank you and appreciate your patience. Kindly reach us again if you have some concerns.
2018-12-15
Use props
Allan Buchholz
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-15 04:36
Hi FauxFilm, thank you for sharing this to our co-users. Apologies for the troubles. As we aim to cater this as well to micro USB, this is currently not supported. However, this is already been noted and being forwarded to our engineers to create a possible solution. We thank you and appreciate your patience. Kindly reach us again if you have some concerns.

Will you send out the micro usb connector to all purchasers  once DJI has fixed this design and marketing blunder, or should i send back my pocket for refund and consider purchasing one after this is fixed? An unimpressed and perhaps former customer.  Someone should be get a lump of coal in their stocking this year, i know it seems i purchased one.
2018-12-15
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

DJI should note that it is NOT just people with older phones who should just suck it up and get a new phone (which is an unreasonable request).  

When I first discovered my troubles, I thought I'd just use a coworker's new Android phone to activate it.  He has a brand-new right-out-of-the-box LG phone (got it only a couple of weeks ago)... but nope.  His phone has the USB-B connector as well, just like mine.  So it is NOT an "old phone" issue.... many many people still use phones (and are buying new ones) for which DJI does not provide the proper fifty-cent connector.

Step up, DJI.
2018-12-17
Use props
Robert Jarvis
New

United States

Thanks so much. You would think that as popular as the Micro USB is in the US that they would include an adapter or at least mention it. When I read the information from DJI it said it was compatible with my Galaxy S& Active - it's not. Like you I was highly upset when I got mine but now...I'm headed to staples. When you buy a camera, you shouldn't have to immediately head to the store for fixes.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules