Pocket 4 point motion lapse without the phone connected!
2682 6 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I just confirmed that it works.. With just the pocket you can only do a motion lapse between two points. with the app you can have up to four points. I just used the app to set the points, frame rate and duration for a motion lapse, then I disconnected the phone and pressed record on the pocket and it did it!.. So you can set up a motion lapse using the larger screen of the phone and then disconnect and let the pocket shoot the lapse by itself. That is huge.

To me, setting up a motion lapse on the tiny screen out in the sun is difficult.  Now I know that I can use the phone to set up the lapse, and then disconnect and let the pocket do its thing!
This is going to be so useful once we get the bluetooth / wifi base!

2018-12-14
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent tip. Thanks for sharing.
2018-12-14
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for testing and letting us know. Until the accessories are out, I think I might make a foam base that will let me insert the USB-C adapter at the bottom for powering during timelapse.

I have seen one reputable UK retailer (Heliguy) quoting the accessories not being available til end of Jan 2019!
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi LouisP, thank you for sharing this to some of our users. Appreciate it. If you want to find out more about your new Osmo, you may find this article interesting to read . User Manual is readily available to download from DJI website for more detailed information. Kindly reach us again if you have some concerns. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-15
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

Just a quick addition, I have the wireless base for the pocket.  I put it on the base, connected to its wifi, then set the points and started the motionlapse on the phone.  When I disconnected the phone from the pocket wifi, it continued recording and switched over to the pocket's screen.
2019-1-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

This also works when one uses a lightening to USB-C cable. Set the points, set the other parameters, unplug and hit the start button.
2019-1-19
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Awesome tip! Thanks for sharing. That's something I'm going to try for sure.
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules