Using M600 / Sony Camera for Photogrammetry
3364 3 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c4d
lvl.1
Australia

Hello

I wish to use DJI M600 with a Sony DSLR (a6000, a6300 or A7r II) for photogrammetry missions. Could someone please confirm this is possible and what accessories I require to make this work. I am thinking a Ronin MX Gimbal, Sony trigger cable, and a DJI Remote Start/Stop device. The key points being I wish to use DJI GS Pro to plan missions and trigger the camera (timed or distance). Will I have control over the camera settings (ISO, Shutter, Apeture)? Which of these cameras are supported?

Thanks.
2018-12-14
Use props
ALIVINGSTON
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154928 ft
United States

You can create your own camera in the GS Pro app.  I don't have any experience with a sony camera.  We use a PhaseOne and it is triggered by distance and time using its own app.  The DJI apps control the gimbal however.
2018-12-19
Use props
rbycapri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1002753 ft
Italy

hello there,
any news about ?
im also looking for the same M600 but with a nikon D4 or D5 , i guess needs a ronin gimbal. any tips where i can navigate in the forums ? (new user)
2018-12-24
Use props
fanse4a1eeec
lvl.2
Czechia

Hey C4d, we are using relatively new device for geotagging and control of sony at M600. You can go with any Sony mirrorless, but A7R2 is strongly suggested! Cheaper than A7R3 with same image quality...

Waht is amazing, our geotagging device can geotag photos right in the camera (into the EXIF) by GPS or RTK data readed from API of the M600.

Check this for more info:
Http://photogrametry.airpixel.cz

With this little tool, Sony is best choice for photogrammetry!

2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules