1189 9 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

Hello community!

Recently i bought a new spark battery at aliexpress.

The diference between the old one i have (1,5y old bought with spark) are : (The aliexpress is the upper battery. )

The lock pin seeam to be higher.
Gets a vertical lines on plastic mold

Are both  batteries originals ? Does anyone has the lines on plastic like the pictures?
03A02296-F1E4-4225-9175-54B8EF905B7E.jpeg
C16596FE-7E14-460C-B623-42F85E5EF977.jpeg
2018-12-15
Use props
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

So? Anyone?                     
2018-12-15
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I bet those are refurbished official DJI batteries. Thats what they sell on aliexpress.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-15
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I just bought a new spark, my second for my son.. and it came with the old style battery with the short / small latches..

spent over an hour on chat with customer support, and as usual, they were beyond useless..

even though this was for a xmas gift, they wanted everything sent in so that engineering could analyze it..

i sent pictures and explained to them that this latch issue is a known defect..

didn't matter.. they did NOTHING as usual

2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They just look like the new batteries to me.
2018-12-15
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-15 12:35
I just bought a new spark, my second for my son.. and it came with the old style battery with the short / small latches..

spent over an hour on chat with customer support, and as usual, they were beyond useless..
That's just annoyingly sad. Luckily, upon checking my batts, all latches are good. Didn't want to have to buy a third party battery lock.
2018-12-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-15 12:35

spent over an hour on chat with customer support, and as usual, they were beyond useless..

Check on the manufacturing date, afterwards argue with old batteries or send the whole packages back and buy somewhere else!
http://tools.retroroms.info/
2018-12-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Hmm I thinks you can check it with its SN
2018-12-16
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 12-15 20:29
Check on the manufacturing date, afterwards argue with old batteries or send the whole packages back and buy somewhere else!
http://tools.retroroms.info/

I gave them the serial number

it was a 2017 mfg date 17/06 actually and a nov 18 activation date on a brand new spark .. they could see all that from the  serial of the battery as well they had the mfg date and activation date of the spark from its serial number

he was advised that this was the old, superseded design that DJI themselves had found contributed to the drone falling from the sky...

he was given 3 pictures of said battery, clearly showing that the latches were the old, short, style

he was shown that the battery only had 1 charge cycle on it... it was new...

DONE CARE.. MUST ALL BE SENT IN FOR ENGINEERING TO ANYLIZE...

WTF do they need to see... it's a bad, superseded battery... replace it..

instead he wants my kid to have nothing under the tree for xmas and no guaranty that it would be returned before the holiday

I asked that a supervisor be given the chat transcript and pictures and call me back

NO CALL BACK

So now I will keep a copy of the transcript and if something happens with this craft, DJI will have been advised of it and chose not to replace the battery.

Might forward to the F A A the transcript as well showing them they are still selling dangerous batteries for this product and are not interested in flight safety.

2018-12-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Edit :unrelated!
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now