Flying to thailand from india
1671 13 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSpark2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56532 ft
India

i planned to visit thailand during christmas. i thought i can get my drone registered through digital sky platform which was launched on dec 1st, so that i can show the UIN while coming back if airport officials stopped me. But the digital sky platform was not yet launched completely as DJI has to register first. Is it safe now to take my drone and bring it back safely? any suggestions?
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi FlyingSpark2, thank you for bringing this query to us. I understand you are planning to visit Thailand this Christmas and that's good to know. Kindly check this link to view some listed of the most important drone flight regulations and policies in Thailand. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum mate!
2018-12-15
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

I don't fully understand your question;

Are you looking to buy a drone in Thailand and take it back to India?

or

you already have a drone and want to use it in Thailand?

2018-12-17
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ridg Posted at 12-17 02:37
I don't fully understand your question;

Are you looking to buy a drone in Thailand and take it back to India?

The topic reads like the OP wants to fly the MA from Thailand to India.  That would take a pretty good battery mod.
2018-12-17
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hi buddy, iam from India. To answer your question don't take risk of taking your drone in an international flight to/from India; Because even after the new drone laws(digital sky) has launched in India recently, its still in its very initial stages and so it will take nearly 3 to 4 months more for full implementation. I have checked with the airport officials as i also thought of taking my drone to Bali, but this is the information that i got from the custom officials. If by any chance, Custom officials catch your drone while leaving/coming to India, it will be confiscated. So my advice - Dont take your drone with you.
2018-12-17
Use props
FlyingSpark2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56532 ft
India

TechVoyager Posted at 12-17 08:24
Hi buddy, iam from India. To answer your question don't take risk of taking your drone in an international flight to/from India; Because even after the new drone laws(digital sky) has launched in India recently, its still in its very initial stages and so it will take nearly 3 to 4 months more for full implementation. I have checked with the airport officials as i also thought of taking my drone to Bali, but this is the information that i got from the custom officials. If by any chance, Custom officials catch your drone while leaving/coming to India, it will be confiscated. So my advice - Dont take your drone with you.

ya i contacted customs..they are still not clear on this while indigo said i can carry it in checkin buggage without batteries..but in return i might land in trouble with customs..so leaving it
2018-12-17
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft
India

FlyingSpark2 Posted at 2018-12-17 08:40
ya i contacted customs..they are still not clear on this while indigo said i can carry it in checkin buggage without batteries..but in return i might land in trouble with customs..so leaving it

Hi i am also going to thailand from india and back to india in few days.
Just want to ask did you take your drone?
And if yes then pls share your experience with custom clearance.
Thanks
2019-1-1
Use props
Travelplace
lvl.1

India

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.

2021-4-18
Use props
Travelplace
lvl.1

India

Thailand is the first choice for every Indian stroller, especially for travelers who are going on international trips for the first time. Going to Thailand is as easy as going from one state to another in India because it has become much easier to get a Thailand visa.

If you are going to Thailand, there are 2 ways you can get a visa. A few years ago, Thailand Visa on Arrival has started, which is quite easy and it is very much liked by the tourists. So the second way is to get your visa already, in this article you will know about both types of Thailand visas.
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_E1KG22jehOQU
New

Spain

Hello! I want to travel around Asia during three months, but I have a problem, if in India is forbidden the drone and it’s my first place and the rest of country accept the drone, what can I do it? I want to enjoy my drone in the rest of places but it’s only one way, I can’t return to my house to pick my drone and leave again. Please help me
2023-6-27
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-12-17 06:15
The topic reads like the OP wants to fly the MA from Thailand to India.  That would take a pretty good battery mod.
Wtf is MA? Op never mentioned MA. He said, he wants to fly his dji drone to thailand from India.
2023-6-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-12-17 06:15

That's what I thought too.

All teasing done in good humour.
2023-6-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-27 10:13
Wtf is MA? Op never mentioned MA. He said, he wants to fly his dji drone to thailand from India.

MA = mavic air, as in the forum's name.
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules