iOS Lightbridge App Update?
3512 18 2015-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am trying to get an awnser as to when, if ever, the iOS app is due to be released (i'm aware there are other threads on this). Having spent around £7000 on a S1000+ on the promise that the app is "coming soon" ive been waiting for around 3 months now and the promise of the app has been going on for far longer than that. I have tried emailing DJI directly through the support page and heard nothing. The beta app does run on my ipad mini but it is completely unuseable for real world work, the picture quality is awful and the latency is beyond a joke for such an expensive product. Someone from DJI shine a light on this!
2015-6-4
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Sorry for your inconvenience, there will be IOS APP in the furture
2015-6-9
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-9 20:00

I am a Lightbridge owner (P2 and Inspire) and would like to know why it is taking so long? And please give us a estimate.... A week? A month? A year? ............ Thank you in advance for answering both of my questions DJI-Cathy.
Jonathan
2015-6-10
Use props
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cathy, I now have my picture issues sorted. it seems a faulty HDMI lead from the HD encoder to the camera was at fault. however now I now have a new problem in that I cant get the gimbal light to turn green. The video led is green but the one behind it is red and I cannont get the gimbal to power on. Any ideas?
2015-6-10
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi, Please send your issue to support@dji.com
we will help you
2015-6-10
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-11 15:29
Hi, Please send your issue to
we will help you

Hello,
Can you answer the questions above please. . If the app is not available soon then I would like to see my lightbridge. I am not complaining just asking. Maybe you are not allowed to divulge this information......
2015-6-11
Use props
Jscgaston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jscgaston Posted at 2015-6-12 02:52
Hello,
Can you answer the questions above please. . If the app is not available soon then I would  ...

Why do you not answer me Cathy?
2015-6-12
Use props
rafael
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102392 ft
Brazil

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-9 20:00

Ok what do you mean by "in the future" .... it is quite narrow for me.
After spending almost 8000 on equipment do you want me to buy an android tablet to work with it?
I am using the beta version but video is totally shit, transmission lags when it reaches 50m or so.
We need an action to support these customers.
Step up.
2015-7-12
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

DJI, please give us some timeframe or plans for Lightbridge?

I also purchased Lightbridge and have a feeling its an abandoned product. Inspire 1 has all those features with DJI Pilot, and i am sure Lightbridge with A2 can also have all those feautres and more.

Can we get some info on that ?

Thanks alot.
2015-7-13
Use props
jim
New

United States

1st post. I recently bought lightbridge , have phantom 2 with gopro, same as all, gotta lot cash in this thing . Just looking for the app to go with my ipad air2. Let me know if anyone finds it.
2015-8-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If you search the internet some people still have the App that DJI pulled.  We will not release it again until we have Apples approval.
2015-8-27
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Any target date, or even what quarter it is targeted for?  I paid $1400 for mine 8 months ago and still don't have an iOS app, and the price of the LB is now under $1000.   Like others, I feel like I spent a fortune on a dead product.  Sure, it does a great job of what it does, but no/minimal support and still no app so we are stuck.  We are just looking for a timeline to get what we paid for is all.  My P2 with LB is in for repair at the moment, but once it comes back I would like to be able to use something bigger than my phone.
2015-9-11
Use props
BoostedPhantom
lvl.2

United States

This is seriously frustrating to no end.  I purchased a Lightbridge unit 2 months ago assuming that it has iOS support because of the Inspire/P3 AND ALSO because there is an image of an iPad in the main picture on the top of the LB page on DJI’s site.  This is seriously misleading as I wouldn’t have invested in this device knowing that I had to purchase an additional tablet as well.  There is no reason why there should not be iOS support for the stand alone LB units since it came out BEFORE it was integrated into the Inspire and then Phantom 3.  I’m not buying the “waiting for Apple’s approval” talk.  Seriously, DJI has made multiple iOS apps so why is Apple so hesitant to approve this one that has the same functionality as other approved DJI  apps?  Like everything else, there is a hidden agenda which was obviously the upcoming release of the LB 2.
2015-9-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I have been highly supportive of DJI in many posts but its stance on LB1 is puzzling to say the least. Many early adopters paid for the R &D costs to cover LB development, the fruits of which are evident in highly successful Inspire 1 and Phantom 3x products and now the LB 2. Those of us who have made that early investment understandably want to keep some kind of functionality of the product for at least another year or two. For sure, The feature set of the old LB pales in comparison to what's available on the newer Go platform but DJI has responsibility to support legacy users for at least a few years.

I can understand 'business reasons' for focusing on newer, profitable platforms but failing to appreciate that many early adopters are high level users who can influence opinion of many others, is frankly not smart.
2015-9-12
Use props
kedrikov
lvl.1
Russia

DJI, return to the App Store application, you crazy that there   :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
2016-4-26
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Where Is it possible to download the lightbridge app for IOS for a manual installation ?
Could someone of you share this app?
2016-8-9
Use props
baker2955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 624980 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-9 07:00

I have the s900 with lightbridge and had app doesn't work. What do I do?
2016-8-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

baker2955@gmail Posted at 2016-8-17 11:24
I have the s900 with lightbridge and had app doesn't work. What do I do?

Either buy and Android device or get a mini HDMI monitor. DJI is not going to make an iOS 9 compatible app for LB1 no matter how much you protest.
2016-8-27
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

link to download the app for manual install please...
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules