OSMO PRO X5 Handwheel 2 problem.
1767 11 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Awesome-DOP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello,
I have seen other posts on here regarding the handwheel 2 not working on the Osmo Pro X5. Have just purchased the Handwheel 2 and a 20cm Connection cable from the DJI store and its dead as a dodo. No light or any signs of life. cable is connected correctly, Handwheel is switched to on but no signs of life.

Can anyone confirm that the cable as a possible issus as per other posts on forum?

I have Latest firmware from what i can see so please help.

regards

2018-12-15
Use props
Awesome-DOP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

bump......
2018-12-18
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

can anyone help me too as have the same problem. only just got it. Is there a fix to this issue?
2019-3-6
Use props
Awesome-DOP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I sent my osmo pro and handwheel 2 via my reseller to a dji service centre in Germany.

They sent it back saying it worked fine and the issue is with the cable I purchased from DJI for the handwheel. I actually had 3 brand new cables all purchased from website.  Problem is DJI is not selling the ' correct ' cable at the moment.

Very very poor customer service. They didn't list the correct cable number nor can They supply the cable.
My unit has been at the reseller for 2 months now waiting for this cable that no one can get....

I'm going to demand a refund for the entire osmo unit and handwheel as it's useless for focus via the app and given the X5 has no autofocus. not happy in the least.
2019-3-6
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Awesome-DOP Posted at 3-6 09:58
I sent my osmo pro and handwheel 2 via my reseller to a dji service centre in Germany.

They sent it back saying it worked fine and the issue is with the cable I purchased from DJI for the handwheel. I actually had 3 brand new cables all purchased from website.  Problem is DJI is not selling the ' correct ' cable at the moment.

Hello many thanks for your reply. Well I have just bought the cable Part 34 for the focus hand wheel 2.
So what is the actual problem with this cable? Is it a faulty batch do you think? because the part 34
is meant to work with the handwheel 2
There is another cable for the Focus which is part 67 but that doent work.

2019-3-7
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Awesome-DOP Posted at 3-6 09:58

Hello many thanks for your reply. Well I have just bought the cable Part 34 for the focus hand wheel 2.
So what is the actual problem with this cable? Is it a faulty batch do you think? because the part 34
is meant to work with the handwheel 2
There is another cable for the Focus which is part 67 but that doent work.

2019-3-7
Use props
Awesome-DOP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm starting To Believe that DJI are not telling the whole truth on this.

I have the same cable and have been told that while that is the cable for the handwheel 2 it's not the one that works with the Osmo pro. But DJI don't sell the correct one in my region.

Something doesn't add up.

What's your opinion on the Osmo pro? I was disappointed that there was no autofocus and try g to focus on the app is impossible. Not fit for purpose in my opinion.
2019-3-7
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Awesome-DOP Posted at 3-7 16:46
I'm starting To Believe that DJI are not telling the whole truth on this.

I have the same cable and have been told that while that is the cable for the handwheel 2 it's not the one that works with the Osmo pro. But DJI don't sell the correct one in my region.

Hi there,
Well There are two cables out there. the part 67 for the focus and part 34 which is the one for the osmo pro raw.
I am confident i have the actual one as my cable came from new zealand and the handwheel 2 came from hong kong so i would imagine its the right region.
I have got a reply from DJI and they say update the pro raw firm ware which will update the handwheel 2.

However i have noticed in the handwheel 2 instructions that you can update the firm ware but it directs you to the Focuis handwheel which is the more expensive one. I wonder if that is what one needs to do?
http://www.dji.com/focus
2019-3-8
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I cant believe that all these cables that were manufactured all dont work. I think this is a firm ware issue.
2019-3-8
Use props
Awesome-DOP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

stormrider74 Posted at 3-8 01:50
Hi there,
Well There are two cables out there. the part 67 for the focus and part 34 which is the one for the osmo pro raw.
I am confident i have the actual one as my cable came from new zealand and the handwheel 2 came from hong kong so i would imagine its the right region.

Spot on. I honestly believe i purchased the correct cable for the handwheel 2. I wonder if DJI has become lost in translation and the osmo pro raw only works with the more expensive DJI focus?
2019-3-16
Use props
stormrider74
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Awesome-DOP Posted at 3-16 07:47
Spot on. I honestly believe i purchased the correct cable for the handwheel 2. I wonder if DJI has become lost in translation and the osmo pro raw only works with the more expensive DJI focus?

Well good news. I bought a cable part 34 from a company in New Zealand and it didn’t work. However it had been opened so I guess it was a returned cable!!!  I sent that back.
I have just bought a part34 cable from the dji store in Madrid, Spain yesterday  and it arrived today and it works.
They are called DJI ARS MADRID
Hope you have better luck.
2019-3-26
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

I think you posted on the wrong thread?
You're posting this on the DJI Osmo Pocket section.
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules