1561 8 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, folks,

This is now the second or third video on Youtube which shows a significant warming of the OP. Somehow I have the impression that the surgery has been hastily brought onto the market.

Unfortunately, I haven't received my surgery yet (should probably arrive on Monday). The many "unboxing" Youtube videos annoy me. There are hardly any documentations that go into detail.

Back to the topic: the heat development is clearly a sign of components that are not properly tuned to each other. Certainly the CPU or another component is so overloaded and doesn't get enough cooling. How is that supposed to end in summer? I hope that this will not develop into a security issue (keyword: LiPo battery).

What about you who already have an OP?

Many greetings, Alexander
Munich/Germany

2018-12-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2018-12-16
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Well DJI are well aware of it as it's mentioned in manual. I wonder how many people review these things without first 'Reading the flipping manual' ? Even the manual suggests reading through thoroughly before activating. Why don't peole do this while waiting for their Osmo Pocket to arrive? For those that haven't read the manual the heat generation problem  goes along the lines of ' When using the Pocket in Superfine mode be aware that exess heat is produced'.
2018-12-16
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ray60 Posted at 12-16 01:36
Well DJI are well aware of it as it's mentioned in manual. I wonder how many people review these things without first 'Reading the flipping manual' ? Even the manual suggests reading through thoroughly before activating. Why don't peole do this while waiting for their Osmo Pocket to arrive? For those that haven't read the manual the heat generation problem  goes along the lines of ' When using the Pocket in Superfine mode be aware that exess heat is produced'.

Finding the manual was almost impossible for me. Even when I asked on the forums I was just directed to the useless Quick Start guide instead of the manual, which I believe only became available in the last day or two anyway. Not everyone has the time to sit on these forums reading through all the posts to find all the info that should have been indicated in the product box (at least a link to where the manual could be found would be a good start!)
2018-12-16
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

AngularIan Posted at 12-16 03:26
Finding the manual was almost impossible for me. Even when I asked on the forums I was just directed to the useless Quick Start guide instead of the manual, which I believe only became available in the last day or two anyway. Not everyone has the time to sit on these forums reading through all the posts to find all the info that should have been indicated in the product box (at least a link to where the manual could be found would be a good start!)

Hi.
If you've downloaded the app for the Osmo Pocket, the manual is in the app. It can be read anytime after you have downloaded it. it's worth a look and doesn't take that long. It is a pity perhaps that DJI chose to show a promotional video on the startup of the app instead of directing the user to the manual.  Maybe if they did, there would be fewer moans on the site and a better-informed user group. I also note the moderators here are very careful with their replies such as when talking about tested phones and compatibility issues and other people have to rely on users coming up with basically unofficially unsupported workarounds. That is a shame, but understandable from a manufacturers viewpoint.
2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Standard DJI modus operandi
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You have a couple of dji aircraft , start them up see if they get warm, it’s not overheating and the video says nothing about overheating, all electronics heat up, nothing abnormal about that .
It’s strange you hate unboxing videos but decide to foist one on the rest of us here (;+).., I think your Osmo will be fine.
2018-12-16
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Got mine today. Gets a little warm but nothing to worry about.
2018-12-17
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3219537 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mine overheats and disables the gimbal.  Waiting to see what support is going to do....or I will return it to B and H.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules