5239 55 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey guys i have Osmo Pocket since 2 days and i am very dissapointed with the focus of the camera.Many times its hard for the camera to focus to the subject.Anyone noticed that?also i noticed a lot of noise in low light conditions.

2018-12-15
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are already several posts regarding these focus issues. With afc mode , it is a kind of pumping , clearly  visible on the footage, therefore i am not using this and put it on afs, but  you don’t have to forget to touch display to focus what you are filming.

I really hope dji can fix this with next( hopefully very soon) firmware. Best to put on infinity.

Footage filmed in afc is mostly useless.
2018-12-15
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

dronie1965 Posted at 12-15 15:35
There are already several posts regarding these focus issues. With afc mode , it is a kind of pumping , clearly  visible on the footage, therefore i am not using this and put it on afs, but  you don’t have to forget to touch display to focus what you are filming.

I really hope dji can fix this with next( hopefully very soon) firmware. Best to put on infinity.

I was expecting better results from DJI really and also something else is you have to use always your smartphone to film something because from the small screen you can not see if you have focused the subject.And an other thing is device is disconnecting very often because of the bad usb connection pfff i am really thinking to send it back dji osmo mobile 2 looks much more solid depending the smartphone who you are using!
2018-12-15
Use props
fridh
lvl.2
Sweden

I am also temped to return mine. The focus issue is a complete disaster! As a content creator i need to have dependable equipment. The DJI Osmo Pocket is not at the moment.
DJI, please fix this ASAP!
2018-12-15
Use props
fridh
lvl.2
Sweden

There are already several posts regarding these focus issues. With afc mode , it is a kind of pumping , clearly  visible on the footage, therefore i am not using this and put it on afs, but  you don’t have to forget to touch display to focus what you are filming.

I really hope dji can fix this with next( hopefully very soon) firmware. Best to put on infinity.

Any way to turn this of without using the phone?
2018-12-15
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

fridh Posted at 12-15 15:58
I am also temped to return mine. The focus issue is a complete disaster! As a content creator i need to have dependable equipment. The DJI Osmo Pocket is not at the moment.
DJI, please fix this ASAP!

To be honest i am getting better 4k 60fps from my Oneplus 6 without focus issues so why i should keep it?Just i will give it back and i will take the osmo mobile 2
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jannistmb, we sincerely apologize for the troubles on focusing, may I have more details of the issue? Does it happen both in AFC and AFS? Is the focus blurry or pumping? Are you running the latest firmware? Any chance to share us a short original sample video and the picture of the noise in low light for further analysis? Please upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you in advance.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fridh Posted at 12-15 15:58
Any way to turn this of without using the phone?

Hi fridh, the focus mode can only be switched via the APP currently.
May I verify if you are running the latest firmware? Any chance to share us a short original sample video for further analysis? Thank you in advance.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi dronie1965, sorry to know you have the same issue, we care much about your feedback, any chance to share us a short original sample video for further analysis? Thanks a lot.
2018-12-17
Use props
neil video
lvl.2
United Kingdom

+1 for the focus pumping problem. It makes footage unusable.
2018-12-17
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 00:39
Hi dronie1965, sorry to know you have the same issue, we care much about your feedback, any chance to share us a short original sample video for further analysis? Thanks a lot.

https://youtu.be/neiCNMw1ShA

Hi , see the pumping focus in afc , look at the dog
2018-12-17
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Why is AFC not the same that is on Mavic 2 Pro? Once its starts recording the focus hunt stops....
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dronie1965 Posted at 12-17 00:50
https://youtu.be/neiCNMw1ShA

Hi , see the pumping focus in afc , look at the dog

Thanks for the video, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

neil video Posted at 12-17 00:49
+1 for the focus pumping problem. It makes footage unusable.

Hi neil, sorry for the trouble caused, any video would be appreciated so that we can forward to our engineers for attention, thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_KKNEfbuZYv67
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm in agreement, just took my Osmo pocket out for a test of all the features, absolutely loved it then got home to put it on PC and 90% of the shots are unusable due to this focus pumping issue, I have a whole range of video evidence if it's going to help DJI!
2018-12-17
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 00:39

Hi Mindy,
I posted this example christmas market, low light test.
1080 50p, all auto, afc, no post production, latest firmware...
2018-12-17
Use props
fridh
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 00:37
Hi fridh, the focus mode can only be switched via the APP currently.
May I verify if you are running the latest firmware? Any chance to share us a short original sample video for further analysis? Thank you in advance.

Here you go.
I run the latest firmware and this is shot with AFC. The camera was standing on a table. You can clearly see the focus pumping.
https://youtu.be/780tR67GJDI
2018-12-17
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have noticed when you tap to focus anywhere on the screen, a few seconds later the yellow focus box jumps to the middle of the screen, could it be something to do with this resetting every few seconds causing it to think you are trying to refocus?
2018-12-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-17
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 12-17 04:26
One silly question as I haven't received the pocket yet... can you lock the focus switching to Manual mode after tapping on the screen like on the Mavic?

There's not a 'manual' focus mode as such but if you switch to AFS and just tap it where you want to focus and leave it there, there's no issue. The issue is only in AFC
2018-12-17
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI,

Can you please make the small adjustment to the current firmware so that everything remains exactly the same as the new firmware but you roll back the AFC algorithm to the previous firmware version, until an improved longer term fix?  It seems to me that this would be a pragmatic short-term solution whilst you sort it out that would please most or all Pocket users?  

Thanks.
2018-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jeffuk Posted at 12-17 04:58
DJI,

Can you please make the small adjustment to the current firmware so that everything remains exactly the same as the new firmware but you roll back the AFC algorithm to the previous firmware version, until an improved longer term fix?  It seems to me that this would be a pragmatic short-term solution whilst you sort it out that would please most or all Pocket users?  

I think a small FW update should be feasible and hopefully soon.
2018-12-17
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 12-17 04:26
One silly question as I haven't received the pocket yet... can you lock the focus switching to Manual mode after tapping on the screen like on the Mavic?
If you tap on the screen in afs and hold the finger for a few seconds in the yellow square it will lock the focus .
2018-12-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-17
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 00:33
Hi Jannistmb, we sincerely apologize for the troubles on focusing, may I have more details of the issue? Does it happen both in AFC and AFS? Is the focus blurry or pumping? Are you running the latest firmware? Any chance to share us a short original sample video and the picture of the noise in low light for further analysis? Please upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you in advance.

Thank you for your reply but i gived back my osmo pocket to the local store and i bought osmo mobile 2.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

Jannistmb Posted at 12-17 12:19
Thank you for your reply but i gived back my osmo pocket to the local store and i bought osmo mobile 2.

Just received mine, updated firmware and am very disappointed with the results. Impossible to pan without having all sorts of refocusing issues. Is there any way to lock the focus when not plugged into the phone? Is the AFS mode only available in pro mode? As I understand it I can plug the phone in, change to AFS and it will remain in that mode if unplugged, however, all pro settings are removed once I change the mode when unplugged. I bought it thinking the panning control would be much better than the gopro hyper smooth as it was glitching however since the gopro update it now pans much better then the osmo pocket. I like the osmo pocket as a device but for filming the footage is coming out terrible with focus continually pumping. It might be going back. I'm also wondering if there's any way to do timelapses in anything higher than 1080, although much bigger I'm finding the osmo mobile to be much more useful.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

Just received mine, updated firmware and am very disappointed with the results. Impossible to pan without having all sorts of refocusing issues. Is there any way to lock the focus when not plugged into the phone? Is the AFS mode only available in pro mode? As I understand it I can plug the phone in, change to AFS and it will remain in that mode if unplugged, however, all pro settings are removed once I change the mode when unplugged. I bought it thinking the panning control would be much better than the gopro hyper smooth as it was glitching however since the gopro update it now pans much better then the osmo pocket. I like the osmo pocket as a device but for filming the footage is coming out terrible with focus continually pumping. It might be going back. I'm also wondering if there's any way to do timelapses in anything higher than 1080, although much bigger I'm finding the osmo mobile to be much more useful.
2018-12-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-17 18:24
Just received mine, updated firmware and am very disappointed with the results. Impossible to pan without having all sorts of refocusing issues. Is there any way to lock the focus when not plugged into the phone? Is the AFS mode only available in pro mode? As I understand it I can plug the phone in, change to AFS and it will remain in that mode if unplugged, however, all pro settings are removed once I change the mode when unplugged. I bought it thinking the panning control would be much better than the gopro hyper smooth as it was glitching however since the gopro update it now pans much better then the osmo pocket. I like the osmo pocket as a device but for filming the footage is coming out terrible with focus continually pumping. It might be going back. I'm also wondering if there's any way to do timelapses in anything higher than 1080, although much bigger I'm finding the osmo mobile to be much more useful.

Are you saying you can't do 4K timelapse?
2018-12-17
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-17 19:52

Tap on the screen of the display and hold you finger a few seconds on the yellow square, shoukd lock focus.
I already put forward the issue to dji( but i dont know if the are listening) regarding that you cannot change mode directly on the pocket when in pro mode. Indeed at the moment you have to connect your phone. Also the focus issues have been put forward, as many users( if not all ) facing focus issues(pumping), especially in afc. I also noticed kind of blur when panning. Hopefully it will be sorted with new firmware.
Dji? Firmware update befor Xmas??????
2018-12-17
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-17 21:40
Are you saying you can't do 4K timelapse?

Yes I am saying that. It seems timelapse are all at 1080 unless there's some hidden setting I can't find
2018-12-17
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

dronie1965 Posted at 12-17 23:07
Tap on the screen of the display and hold you finger a few seconds on the yellow square, shoukd lock focus.
I already put forward the issue to dji( but i dont know if the are listening) regarding that you cannot change mode directly on the pocket when in pro mode. Indeed at the moment you have to connect your phone. Also the focus issues have been put forward, as many users( if not all ) facing focus issues(pumping), especially in afc. I also noticed kind of blur when panning. Hopefully it will be sorted with new firmware.
Dji? Firmware update befor Xmas??????

I can tap and hold on the phone screen and it seems to lock but when using standalone holding doesn't seem to do anything
2018-12-17
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-17 23:34
I can tap and hold on the phone screen and it seems to lock but when using standalone holding doesn't seem to do anything

Ah yes, you are right. My mistake. I thought you could als lock on display pocket. But its only on the phone. Another thing dji developers could update
2018-12-17
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-17 19:52
Just received mine, updated firmware and am very disappointed with the results. Impossible to pan without having all sorts of refocusing issues. Is there any way to lock the focus when not plugged into the phone? Is the AFS mode only available in pro mode? As I understand it I can plug the phone in, change to AFS and it will remain in that mode if unplugged, however, all pro settings are removed once I change the mode when unplugged. I bought it thinking the panning control would be much better than the gopro hyper smooth as it was glitching however since the gopro update it now pans much better then the osmo pocket. I like the osmo pocket as a device but for filming the footage is coming out terrible with focus continually pumping. It might be going back. I'm also wondering if there's any way to do timelapses in anything higher than 1080, although much bigger I'm finding the osmo mobile to be much more useful.

If you choose AFS in Pro mode its stays that way even in Basic mode...
2018-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-17 23:33
Yes I am saying that. It seems timelapse are all at 1080 unless there's some hidden setting I can't find

It does 4K I'm told so who knows at this point
2018-12-18
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 00:56

I shall give that a try and see how it goes. It boggles me with such a small screen that it's not just infinite focus
2018-12-18
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-18 01:22
I shall give that a try and see how it goes. It boggles me with such a small screen that it's not just infinite focus

Unfortunately, it didn't stick for me when changing to basic mode. If I set it on the phone and unplug and keep it in pro mode it does work. however, as soon as you get out of pro mode it's back to its normal hunting for focus
2018-12-18
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-18 01:08
It does 4K I'm told so who knows at this point

It does do 4k video however I had a really good look and could not find any timelapse settings. All timelapses that I have recorded are in 1080.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 00:56

not for me, ☹️
2018-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans990dd5f1 Posted at 12-18 01:39
It does do 4k video however I had a really good look and could not find any timelapse settings. All timelapses that I have recorded are in 1080.

Yeah I can't find it either although someone else is saying it does they haven't produced how.
2018-12-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules