Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filters for the Osmo Pocket
4649 26 2018-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

It doesn't look like any are readily available but the Pgy-Tech set can be ordered.  My question is does Pgy-Tech historically produce quality filters or would it be a better decison to wait for DJI's or see if PolarPro will be coming out with anything?  Thanks in advance.
2018-12-16
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freewell has them available for pre-order and they do make quality filters.
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pgytech filters are fine, I’ve seen their new OP filters and they look impressive, it’s a pity much needed accessories are not readily available.
2018-12-16
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

PGYTECH ones I've heard are fine. PolarPro will of course be up there with the best, but you'll definitely be paying a price for them. I got a set of PP ones for my Mavic Air but I think I will try out the PGYTECH ones for the OP.
2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-16 08:17
Pgytech filters are fine, I’ve seen their new OP filters and they look impressive, it’s a pity much needed accessories are not readily available.

By the time your done with accessories your easily at $500
2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is there even a way to see your current shutter speed or exposure to help decide which filter to use?
2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JKJenn Posted at 12-16 08:10
Freewell has them available for pre-order and they do make quality filters.

$70 yikes!!!!
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BrianKushner Posted at 12-16 10:01

Ahh that’s part of the fun of the whole thing. (;+)...

Yes you can set the shutter speed through the app on your phone, then if you choose you can take the phone off and your settings will remain.
I expect when we get the wireless Bluetooth add on (more money) changing shutter and other settings should be more simple. At least I hope so.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day col4bin. Thank you for raising this inquiry today. We would recommend using the DJI Filters for your DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 08:50
Hello and good day col4bin. Thank you for raising this inquiry today. We would recommend using the DJI Filters for your DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you for your support.

Do we know when they will be available yet? I'm going to say you dont know
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cameleon Posted at 12-17 10:30
Do we know when they will be available yet? I'm going to say you dont know

Hi, sorry that we don't have exact information about the filters or in any case that this would available on our store. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-18
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 12-16 10:02
Is there even a way to see your current shutter speed or exposure to help decide which filter to use?

Yeah. When connected to your phone you can change iso and shutter speed in the pro settings on the mimo app.
2018-12-18
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 12-16 10:02

Yeah. When connected to your phone you can change iso and shutter speed in the pro settings on the mimo app.
2018-12-18
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-16 10:08
Ahh that’s part of the fun of the whole thing. (;+)...

Yes you can set the shutter speed through the app on your phone, then if you choose you can take the phone off and your settings will remain.

You can set the shutter speed on your phone with the app, but then if you need to switch ANYTHING - like switch over to video, bam, everything is gone.
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_HwerPm8fBu70
lvl.1
China

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-12-16 10:02

Attach the phone and go into pro mode, this will let see and change any settings
2019-1-22
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2018-12-16 10:01

I am pretty sure its the same with any new setup.  I always tell my mates when it comes to drones, cost of the drone is only the beginning.  Which is why I have stuck with my Mavic Air and not upgraded.  I upgraded the controller rather they buy a new drone and then everything else that is needed.

I ordered some SunnyLife filters as they seem to make ok stuff. I am looking forward to seeing how they go and finally use this camera for something.  The camera has alot of potential.  Once the cost of set up is completed.   
2019-1-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've just bought a set of PGYTech graduated ND filters plus a UV filter. The UV filter will remain on to protect the lens, so long as it still fits into it's case. I'll report back once I've been able to test them out.
I've bought PGYTech lens sets for every craft I own - the quality is awesome for the price.
2019-1-22
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

The only disadvantage that the PGYTech have is that they are red and lose discretion when you are using them.
2019-1-23
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I don't think red filters are the main reason people are noticing OP in your hand. I went to bike show couple weeks ago and I took my OP, at the time I didn't have any filters. When walking around I was approached by number of people and their first question was "what is this?". So OP may be small and appear discrete but in my experience it looks like you will very well be spotted and probably you will have to answer few questions   This is short clip from the show:
2019-1-23
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I bought the PolarPro standard 6 filter box and they feel like they're going to fall off the gimbal.  They are rated at 35 mph.  Im not sure if other brands have better magnets or all feel the same way when they are attached to the OP.  Another thing I hate is the case they come in.  You need to dig in adding a lot of force to be able to detach it from its rubber clamp.  It takes forever bring it out of the box.  I went with PolarPro because they are good quality and they do the work, but I might return mine for the Pgy-Tech which are cheaper and look more secured.  
2019-1-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-17 08:50

I don't think DJI produces filters.... Polar Pro usually does...
2019-1-23
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Question with using ND Filters on pocket... is the only advantage seen when using in manual mode?  Using auto mode will see no benefits?   If thats the case, that is one issue I hate about the current firmware of the pocket is that one has to connect their phone to the pocket in order to access pro mode to adjust shutter/aperture settings.
2019-1-24
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 1-24 11:32
Question with using ND Filters on pocket... is the only advantage seen when using in manual mode?  Using auto mode will see no benefits?   If thats the case, that is one issue I hate about the current firmware of the pocket is that one has to connect their phone to the pocket in order to access pro mode to adjust shutter/aperture settings.

It slow down the shutter speed no matter which mode you're in. On a bright sunny day in wide open space, the OP with it's 2.0 aperture will easily get overloaded and color will begins to wash out even at the highest shutter speed. Using a ND filter in those situation will bring it back under control.
2019-1-24
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

A great example where DJI's lack of preparation has taken them out of the market.  There are several ND filters available, now.  Those who want will already own them long before DJI releases their own product.
2019-1-24
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6286 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

j.r.r. Posted at 1-23 07:42
I don't think red filters are the main reason people are noticing OP in your hand. I went to bike show couple weeks ago and I took my OP, at the time I didn't have any filters. When walking around I was approached by number of people and their first question was "what is this?". So OP may be small and appear discrete but in my experience it looks like you will very well be spotted and probably you will have to answer few questions   This is short clip from the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NmfbsUEfTc&feature=youtu.be

Nice clip, did you use the OP on its own or with your phone when shooting this?
2019-1-24
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

Pasod Posted at 1-24 12:43
Nice clip, did you use the OP on its own or with your phone when shooting this?

Just OP, never took my phone out of my pocket and at the time I didn't have any accessories. I setup OP to AFS at home, 4K 60 fps AUTO mode. Every time I started to record I tap the display to get focus right. I pay more attention to surroundings than OP and recording, a lot of people around, I didn't want to bump to people
2019-1-25
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I bought these yesterday and they should arrive middle of next week:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hope they work well.Also ordered some for my Mavic Air.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules