Adapter USb C to Micro USB
3794 11 2018-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

Greetings to all from Spain. My question is if I could use a USB C to Micro USB adapter to use an Android mobile phone (Xiaomi redmi note 5) at least to activate the Osmo Pocket
2018-12-16
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

#Quick Reply Here#https://www.droningon.co/2018/11 ... sked-questions-faq/
2018-12-16
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

Shescor Posted at 12-16 09:49
#Quick Reply Here#https://www.droningon.co/2018/11/30/dji-osmo-pocket-frequently-asked-questions-faq/

I answer to myself, apparently it can be:

Q: Can DJI Osmo Pocket be used with Micro USB instead? A: Unfortunately no Micro USB connector is available at this time, however it might be possible to use a USB-C to Micro USB adapter and then to connect your device via a cable which may be more practical anyway. At a later date, DJI may release a slide-in Micro USB option, but USB-C is the new standard for modern devices.

2018-12-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Shescor Posted at 12-16 09:52

Q: Can DJI Osmo Pocket be used with Micro USB instead? A: Unfortunately no Micro USB connector is available at this time, however it might be possible to use a USB-C to Micro USB adapter and then to connect your device via a cable which may be more practical anyway. At a later date, DJI may release a slide-in Micro USB option, but USB-C is the new standard for modern devices.

Great to know that
Thanks for the information
2018-12-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Shescor Posted at 12-16 09:52

BTW welcome to the forum Shescor
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Shescor. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for the inquiry. We recommended using a mobile device that is included on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2018-12-17
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 08:56
Hello and good day Shescor. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for the inquiry. We recommended using a mobile device that is included on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

Well, at least you can activate it as seen in this video. The problem is that the app works with these phones to a greater or lesser extent, but at least we will not have the frustration of not being able to use our newly purchased osmo pocket.
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/active-osmo-pocket-with-a-micro-usb-phone
2018-12-17
Use props
dutchguy1
New
Netherlands

Same problem: After coming home with my new DJI Osmo Pocket I learned that (for some mysterious reason) it must be activated. For some other mysterious reason this can not simply be done by connecting the device to a PC using the supplied USB cable. A smartphone with Lightning connection or USB-c connection is required. I own a perfectly fine Samsung S6 smartphone. Do the people at DJI not know that there are millions and millions of (Samsung) smartphones in use with micro USB connection? I have ordered an adapter. If that does not work the only choice I seem to have is to return the Osmo. Or I might be able to borrow a smartphone for the activation, but I would not be able to use that one for shooting video etc. later on. Using my own smartphone for shooting video with an adapter, if it works, will be tricky anyway.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dutchguy1 Posted at 12-17 12:14
Same problem: After coming home with my new DJI Osmo Pocket I learned that (for some mysterious reason) it must be activated. For some other mysterious reason this can not simply be done by connecting the device to a PC using the supplied USB cable. A smartphone with Lightning connection or USB-c connection is required. I own a perfectly fine Samsung S6 smartphone. Do the people at DJI not know that there are millions and millions of (Samsung) smartphones in use with micro USB connection? I have ordered an adapter. If that does not work the only choice I seem to have is to return the Osmo. Or I might be able to borrow a smartphone for the activation, but I would not be able to use that one for shooting video etc. later on. Using my own smartphone for shooting video with an adapter, if it works, will be tricky anyway.

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback from our product, we will forward this to our department. You could use a mobile device that has a micro USB type C to activate the Osmo Pocket, however, if you're planning to use your mobile device that hasn't been tested by our engineers I'm afraid that we couldn't provide guaranteed if this will work perfectly especially if there will be changes or upgrades. We do appreciate your understanding.
2018-12-18
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 10:39
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback from our product, we will forward this to our department. You could use a mobile device that has a micro USB type C to activate the Osmo Pocket, however, if you're planning to use your mobile device that hasn't been tested by our engineers I'm afraid that we couldn't provide guaranteed if this will work perfectly especially if there will be changes or upgrades. We do appreciate your understanding.

2018-12-18
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

Try using an IOGear male USB-C to female USB-A cable connected to the bottom of the Osmo Pocket. Then your standard cable with a male USB-A to USB-mocro cable might plug into the IOGear cable. If worked for my standard iPhone cable.

2018-12-27
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

My Video rig setup.

2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules