1247 7 2018-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Hello All.
It has been 4-6 months since I have let the ole bird out of the cage.
Thought I'd knock dust of the props.
Batteries for the quad were at 1 line discharged. And did charge up fully.
The Controller however wasn't so forgiving. I got 0 responce from it in any way.
No Leds, put it on charge, nothing... Left it on charge, Still nothing.
So looks like I'm S.O.L.  =   Slam Outta Luck
Am I now looking for a new controller?
I know it was engineered to not be serviceabe so far as replacing batteries, other than Hack jobs.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

2018-12-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You could probably send it to a near repair facility for a new rc power pack...

Don’t throw in the white towel quite yet. Surrender never... haha

RedHotPoker
2018-12-16
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

You can replace with a standard 2S LiPo ... but its advisable to have the charging done via balance lead instead of via the plug in the side. You can get Chargers for under $10 that charge only via the balance lead 2S and 3S packs. Slow but good. It means leading the balance lead outside the case.

If you do decide to open the case to do it .... take care about the fragile wires to the roller controls and switches ... I opened my old controller to repair cracked antenna mounts and wires came away ...

There are various videos on Youtube by people who have replaced the batterys.

nigel
2018-12-17
Use props
sea1111
lvl.3
United States

Do a search on e-bay for "PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED Phantom 4 Pro Phantom 3adv Remote control battery 6000mAh" they have them for sale.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Lectro88. I am sorry to know that you are having issues  with the remote controller of your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Since this issue is happening the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help. Thank you.

2018-12-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

sea1111 Posted at 12-17 07:05
Do a search on e-bay for "PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED Phantom 4 Pro Phantom 3adv Remote control battery 6000mAh" they have them for sale.

Something does not look right about the lead ... as the original is a double header lead - but eBay batterys show a balance plug .....

For those sellers to ship to USA / EU or international - they must be concealing the fact of being LiPo of 6000mAh ...  

See this :

and then this ..

and you will see what I mean.

The biggest problem about the DJI batterys are the strange dimensions ...

Nigel
2018-12-17
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Thanks RHP and Nigel.
Good news,
I plugged it back in this morning and I had first Led flashing. Ended up charging after a few hours.
But yday it was nothing and I have OEM charger and A Console Rapid charger that can charge 3 Batts. and controller at once. Nothing from either.
My thought was get another controller as I had Prev. said, They can be had easy enough.
And Donor parts from 1 to the other.
Now I'm working out the other cob webs from sitting so long.
Had to take to local shop and pair controller to quad and I had changed shell original shell had reset link button and I modded for motor fitmenet. Shop was impressed I pulled that off.
Boy am I rusty on my swirl transition of rotating in flight and maintaining desired direction.

Thanks again EVERYBODY
2018-12-17
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Those replacement batteries are just about as much as the controller.  About $90 usd, plus a month for shipping.
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules