• >>>
Germany

1080 50p  no colour correction....all AUTO

2018-12-16
Use props
bsmpower
lvl.2
Netherlands

Nice! But also problems with the autofocus I see. Around 14 seconds the focus is hunting. Hope they will fix this with new firmware.
2018-12-17
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Terrible AF pumping in almost every scene... Mine is going to arrive today, but if that's the footage to expect from the Osmo pocket, it's an immediate return.
Any official announcement if DJI is working on the AF issue? There should be plenty of evidence...
2018-12-17
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

bsmpower Posted at 12-17 00:23
Nice! But also problems with the autofocus I see. Around 14 seconds the focus is hunting. Hope they will fix this with new firmware.

Yeah I saw the same.

I do wonder if they'd have been better having a fixed focus like GoPro. For the majority of shots you'd end up taking with this, I think it'd be better to have fixed focus so it doesn't move, even if its slightly out of focus as a slight blur is less noticeable than focus hunting.
2018-12-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2018-12-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Chris_E Posted at 12-17 02:14
Terrible AF pumping in almost every scene... Mine is going to arrive today, but if that's the footage to expect from the Osmo pocket, it's an immediate return.
Any official announcement if DJI is working on the AF issue? There should be plenty of evidence...

I think it is the same issue as most of the camera apps have when I use them with my Osmo Mobile.
Normally a change in orientation leads to a re focus 'trigger' (because you point the phone in another direction).
But with a gimbal this is NOT what you want, since you are essentially moving around all the time.
The only real solution right now is moving to MF.
(that is what I do at least).
Or DJI has to find a way to only start re focussing after the movement has stopped for xx period.
But I think that won't suit all situations..
2018-12-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cameleon Posted at 12-17 02:14
Yeah I saw the same.

I do wonder if they'd have been better having a fixed focus like GoPro. For the majority of shots you'd end up taking with this, I think it'd be better to have fixed focus so it doesn't move, even if its slightly out of focus as a slight blur is less noticeable than focus hunting.

I would suggest using MF only (just like I do with my Osmo Mobile)
2018-12-17
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-17 03:21
I would suggest using MF only (just like I do with my Osmo Mobile)

I'll give it a go
2018-12-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great video! Thanks for sharing
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day Heavenone. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.
2018-12-17
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 09:04
Hi and good day Heavenone. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.

Thank you!
I did a low light foto about 2 seconds out of the hand..no tripod
very brilliant...
but not possible to show here in this forum...because of the size..sorry....

2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Heavenone Posted at 12-17 11:20
Thank you!
I did a low light foto about 2 seconds out of the hand..no tripod
very brilliant...

You are very much welcome and thank you for the additional information. Enjoy filming.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules