3529 10 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedWolf18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Weird thing today while flying my M2P. Amber warning pop up in DJI GO 4... "Attitude is too large? Forward/Backward obstacle sensing unavailable!" I assume it relates to stick movement, and happens in both T & P modes. I have not seen this before therefore somewhat confused.
Adding to the weirdness further, when uploading Flight Records, the US flag appears next to Union Jack in Footprints? I have never flown anywhere other than UK.

Anyone got an ideas on either of the above?

Thanks in advance - Simon  

2018-12-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is common when flying in windy conditions or when doing any aggressive moves. It just means the aircraft is tilted at an angle that does not allow the sensors to point in the direction they were designed to point. When the aircraft levels out again, the sensors will be re-enabled.
2018-12-17
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with @msinger, I've seen that message a bunch of times but only when flying into a fairly strong wind.
2018-12-17
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

yup what they say ^
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide a screenshot on that prompt message that you are receiving? So we can check this on our end. For the FOOTPRINTS that may contain duplicate countries, our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes, for sure, happy to oblige. Please see attached, and also note distance flown does not match my profile. Please advise....
2018-12-17
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks to everyone re responses to "Attitude is too large? Forward/Backward obstacle sensing unavailable!" Today was somewhat windy compared to previous flights. On the ground not too bad, but did increase as altitude increased with the odd trouser moment!, albeit no more than Amber Warning.

Can anyone advise or comment why my profile flight distance shows 37,973 when its actually 80,882 to date. I did wonder, while not important, why not levelling up? I can only guess updating flight data s broken?

DJI, please advise?

Best wishes all, and thank you for replies. Cheers - Simon
2018-12-17
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedWolf18 Posted at 12-17 15:01
Thanks to everyone re responses to "Attitude is too large? Forward/Backward obstacle sensing unavailable!" Today was somewhat windy compared to previous flights. On the ground not too bad, but did increase as altitude increased with the odd trouser moment!, albeit no more than Amber Warning.

Can anyone advise or comment why my profile flight distance shows 37,973 when its actually 80,882 to date. I did wonder, while not important, why not levelling up? I can only guess updating flight data s broken?

Flight time is not synced. On the upper right hand corner of the Go4 app page you you'll 3 little line, tap that. Then you'll see flight times, tap that then the little cloud in the same corner.

Flight time will be synced. It'll show on here too but you'll to use the same email you used to active the drone.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_7gd3sGqxzhYU
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I had this but after the warning came up my drone disconnected from the controller, returned home (ish) was hovering over neighbours roof and I couldn’t re-connect to it. Can anyone help explain why this might have happened please? I have a Mavic Air. Thanks in advance
2-19 05:08
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_7gd3sGqxzhYU Posted at 2-19 05:08
Hi I had this but after the warning came up my drone disconnected from the controller, returned home (ish) was hovering over neighbours roof and I couldn’t re-connect to it. Can anyone help explain why this might have happened please? I have a Mavic Air. Thanks in advance

Your drone can't have passed the information after was disconnected.
Perhaps the message was the last one that came in before disconnection.
2-19 06:42
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_7gd3sGqxzhYU Posted at 2-19 05:08

Hi,

Message on screen "Attitude too large" does say something about drone attitude, if drone is pointing downwards (flying fast forward....) than the forward sensors are not capable of seeing straight forward to see obstacles, so it is a warning to alert the pilot not to trust on the OA.

Must be a coincidence that after this screen message did pop up the connection was lost.

If HomePoint is not set at takeoff (but in flight) than hovering above your neightbours house is explained....but flightlog will tell if i am correct.

Best to get help/advice is to share your flightlog for this issue.
Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

cheers
JJB
2-19 07:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules