''Downloading the file is not supported on current model.''
12Next >
15879 70 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erwin_1999
lvl.1
Netherlands

When I connect my Osmo Pocket to my iPhone (6s) with the included adapter and try to download any video (1080/4K) to my iPhone storage I get the following message:

IMG_5638.jpg

Does this mean I can't transfer any videos to my iPhone?! That would be really stupid and I am traveling next week so how can I fix this because I am not going to take my MacBook with me just to share some videos!

The only things I can download to my iPhone are photos and Slo-mo videos. I updated the Osmo Pocket and installed the latest version of the Mimo app.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't think the iPhone 6s can play 4K, try 1080.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We tried an Android device, and we see no problem downloading the 4K60P video. We have tested the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the device can't. So iPhone series may need to confirm further. Don't worry. Our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-17
Use props
Erwin_1999
lvl.1
Netherlands

Cougar1 Posted at 12-17 12:43

1080 Does work... I thought that I already tried that but I was wrong!
2018-12-17
Use props
Erwin_1999
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 12:50
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We tried an Android device, and we see no problem downloading the 4K60P video. We have tested the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the device can't support 4K 60 videos. So iPhone series may need to confirm further. Don't worry. Our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.

I wrote that 1080p also did not work but that does work fine. Only with 4K videos, which is weird because the iPhone 6s can record 4K by itself...

Thanks already for hopefully fixing this problem!
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Erwin_1999 Posted at 12-17 12:59
I wrote that 1080p also did not work but that does work fine. Only with 4K videos, which is weird because the iPhone 6s can record 4K by itself...

Thanks already for hopefully fixing this problem!

Thanks for your clarification. I will let them know about this concern too. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Erwin_1999 Posted at 12-17 12:52
1080 Does work... I thought that I already tried that but I was wrong!

iPhone can do 4K but only in 30fps. For playing back videos in higher resolution I think you have to put the card in a computer that supports it.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_n7uKCwlbzjwU
lvl.1
United States

Doesn't work on the iPhone 8Plus either. Will keep checking to back to see if there is a fix. Hate taking that card out and putting in a reader, then connecting to the computer.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_n7uKCwlbzjwU Posted at 12-17 14:43
Doesn't work on the iPhone 8Plus either. Will keep checking to back to see if there is a fix. Hate taking that card out and putting in a reader, then connecting to the computer.

Hi. we're sorry about this situations. We're already checking this concern, we will provide information as soon as we've received the feedback. We highly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_oN0osHSAcob1
New
Canada

Same thing for me, iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1, can't download 4K 30fps video to my phone. Hope it can get supported soon.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_oN0osHSAcob1 Posted at 12-19 12:02
Same thing for me, iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1, can't download 4K 30fps video to my phone. Hope it can get supported soon.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the iOS series mobile device, 4k with 60FPS is not supported to be downloaded directly from the app. 4k,30 FPS is not supported to be downloaded for the iPhone older than iPhone 8. We would recommend downloading the file from SD card for the mean-time. No worries, if there will be an update in regards to this matter, we will inform you right away. We highly appreciated your understanding in regards to these limitations.
2018-12-20
Use props
Canbalcioglu
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-20 12:03
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the iOS series mobile device, 4k with 60FPS is not supported to be downloaded directly from the app. 4k,30 FPS is not supported to be downloaded for the iPhone older than iPhone 8. We would recommend downloading the file from SD card for the mean-time. No worries, if there will be an update in regards to this matter, we will inform you right away. We highly appreciated your understanding in regards to these limitations.

Have the same problem, can’t download 4k 30fps video to iphone. Getting the same message. Very frustrating. It would be good to know if this is an iOS limitation or something that will be solved with a dji software update.
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately, you may have to simply deal with transporting it to the cloud and receiving later. Did you try emailing it to yourself and then downloading it from there? That sometiems works. Unfortunately i always travel with a laptop. Also if you can use any updates apple device (7 or better) then it should work
2018-12-26
Use props
fans85389fdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364177 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 12:50
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We tried an Android device, and we see no problem downloading the 4K60P video. We have tested the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the device can't. So iPhone series may need to confirm further. Don't worry. Our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.

i have same problems download files from osmo pocket sd card or direct from osmo pocket connect to to iphone x max. it’s said unsupported download current model? i can video, but can’t download to make video? why buy it so i will return it no choice......
2018-12-27
Use props
Paul Kwitek
New

Poland

Same here Iphone 6s cant download 4k
2018-12-28
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 12-17 12:43

Not sure about 6S, but on 7+, I can airdrop 4K clips via Macbook directly from the SD to the cameraroll on the phone.

I am 100% sure it is the MIMO software problem if not the Pocket itself. (Unless someone tells me that 4K cannot be transmitted via lightning cable, which I doubt..)
2018-12-30
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

fans85389fdb Posted at 12-27 17:19
i have same problems download files from osmo pocket sd card or direct from osmo pocket connect to to iphone x max. it’s said unsupported download current model? i can video, but can’t download to make video? why buy it so i will return it no choice......

Can you describe the details on how you transfer directly from SD to your X Max? I have no problem transferring the 4K clips off to my 7+ using airdrop from a Mac directly from the SD.
2018-12-30
Use props
Chuan Woi Ng
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Tony Posted at 12-20 12:03

We hope the update come out ASAP... hate to transfer to PC....................
Thanks.
2018-12-30
Use props
fans91864f2d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3424865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 7+. Can download 1080p, but none at 4k any FPS setting work. Hope this is fixed soon. Odd that the iPhone can record in 4k/60fps but can't download.
2018-12-31
Use props
SteveCA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5273829 ft
United States

This issue is a DJI mimo problem. I own a number of DJI drones ncluding the Mavic 2 Pro and I have no trouble downloading 4k30fps videos to my iphone 8 plus from the DJI Go 4 app.

I also own a gopro hero 6 and have no trouble downloading 4k videos to my iphone.

Please fix this right away otherwise this osmo pocket is going to be returned to Best Buy
2019-1-1
Use props
kingbolt pocket
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-17 12:50
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We tried an Android device, and we see no problem downloading the 4K60P video. We have tested the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the device can't. So iPhone series may need to confirm further. Don't worry. Our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi. I have the same problem,  About to go on holiday with no way of saving 4K  to phone. The only option is to take laptop with me which is a pain. Have you have date for a fix? Thanks
2019-1-4
Use props
fkaymak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69 ft
Turkey

same here too. i have iphone 6s and cant download 4k to my phone. please fix this issue.
2019-1-4
Use props
fansdaf61713
New
United Kingdom

Any update on this issue? This is unacceptable.
2019-1-5
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What do you do with a 4K video on a cell phone? Please do not misunderstand, it is a serious question.
2019-1-5
Use props
fans5eac0b31
lvl.1

Australia

I just updated to the latest software using my IPhone X and now my Osmo Pocket won’t download 4K videos , when 20 minutes before update it could , what’s going on
2019-1-10
Use props
fans5eac0b31
lvl.1

Australia

Whole idea of using this Osmo Pocket was one of the features download directly to your mobile , this is frustrating worked before the update now can’t do anything , I’m not taking the card out because i want the convenience
2019-1-10
Use props
Bluebug1965
lvl.1
United States

This is why My osmo pocket goes back to the store.. not happy with this. not been able to download 4kp60 . more gear to carry around , Pc ,card readers, etc... this is the main reason i purchased this thing...
2019-1-10
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can also confirm that running the latest firmware on my OP and both my iPhone 6 and 8, also with the latest IOS updates, I am not able to transfer 4K videos from the OP to my iPhones via the Mimo app.
This has to be fixed as the whole purpose of using the OP is to do away with the multi steps of transferring files to a laptop when the phone can quickly process and output the video. Don't get me wrong, I do later import the media files to store in my computer before formatting the SD card when I'm back home. I bought the Pocket for its mobility to use at most, with my smart phone.
2019-1-10
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Psoon Posted at 1-10 18:57
I can also confirm that running the latest firmware on my OP and both my iPhone 6 and 8, also with the latest IOS updates, I am not able to transfer 4K videos from the OP to my iPhones via the Mimo app.
This has to be fixed as the whole purpose of using the OP is to do away with the multi steps of transferring files to a laptop when the phone can quickly process and output the video. Don't get me wrong, I do later import the media files to store in my computer before formatting the SD card when I'm back home. I bought the Pocket for its mobility to use at most, with my smart phone.

iPhone 8 and above support the download for 4K 30fps, as well as 1080p 60fps.  The issue with downloading 4K 60fps is an Apple issue.  I use an iPhone XS Max, when I need 4K 60fps i’d Be editing on a laptop anyway.  Anything for mobile/internet 1080p is much easier to work with anyway.

Great device, love it.  You just need to do your research on how best to use it.  As with any device, DSLR, drone, you need to learn how best to use it, which isn’t done overnight.

Enjoy your lovely gadgets, don’t get angry at them ;)
2019-1-11
Use props
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

reading the dev notes, the 6 and SE will probably not see 4K download capability.
2019-1-11
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI please fix the problem with downloading the file not supported on current models. Please
2019-1-11
Use props
fans28c67155
lvl.1
United Kingdom

At least release windows base or Mac base app that can edit video like DJI Mimo while cant download video on iPhone.
2019-1-12
Use props
fans28c67155
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How long take to fix this issue? A day? Week? Months? Years? Any idea DJI?
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_KceXTpMIlCOJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289754 ft
Sweden

I found a "workaround". I dont know about Iphone but I use my Ipad and Lumafusion to edit my movies. If I upload the osmo pocket 4k 60fps files from my android phone to google drive and then download them to my Ipad they work. I know its not a good option, but its work. And my Ipad 2018 and Lumafusion handle the big files better then my macbook Pro
2019-1-14
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI please fix this
2019-1-16
Use props
fans9826e00c
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Roger1167 Posted at 1-16 12:33
DJI please fix this

I'm using an iPhone XS Max. I am unable to download a 4k video@ 60fps. This is plain dumb DJI. Why advertise a camera that shoots 4K@60 fps if you can't even transfer it to your phone. The iPhoneXS Max is already the top of the line iPhone and the latest model. You expect me to watch my videos on the Osmo Pocket's 2 inch screen? How am I supposed to edit this this and share to social media. I demand that you fix this DJI.
2019-1-17
Use props
csaviles
New
Flight distance : 1696 ft
United States

This hasn't been fixed and I have a iPhone XS capable of 4K video. DJI please look into this!
2019-1-19
Use props
fans675bc6a1
New
South Africa

ios 12.1.2 is the problem. downgrade to 12.1.1 16C50 will work
2019-1-19
Use props
Jayel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2064 ft
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-20 12:03

Hi Dji Tony, any update on this issue of Osmo Pocket 4k 60fps video is not compatible with iPhone devices?

I do upload all my video files directly to my iPad Pro 2018. I have no problem uploading any 1080P, 2.7k, 4k files or frame rates 24 to 240 of my GoPro 7 black to date. The only problem I encounter are my Osmo Pocket files particularly 4k 60fps. Is it a problem of your 4k 60fps codex not compatible with iOS?
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jayel Posted at 1-20 05:50
Hi Dji Tony, any update on this issue of Osmo Pocket 4k 60fps video is not compatible with iPhone devices?

I do upload all my video files directly to my iPad Pro 2018. I have no problem uploading any 1080P, 2.7k, 4k files or frame rates 24 to 240 of my GoPro 7 black to date. The only problem I encounter are my Osmo Pocket files particularly 4k 60fps. Is it a problem of your 4k 60fps codex not compatible with iOS?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-1-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules