''Downloading the file is not supported on current model.''
15898 70 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kerry Cox
New

United States

djiuser_n7uKCwlbzjwU Posted at 2018-12-17 14:43
Doesn't work on the iPhone 8Plus either. Will keep checking to back to see if there is a fix. Hate taking that card out and putting in a reader, then connecting to the computer.

I have the same issue and this is extremely aggregating bc I have video I need to upload right now and have no other device.  
2019-1-26
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

One solution would be that MIMO does not try and save incompatible files to iOS photos, and instead save the video(s) inside MIMO (and make them available in the iOS Files.app for easy transferring to other devices, computers and apps), implement a upload to YouTube feature for the people who needs that.
2019-1-26
Use props
fans54503e63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153159 ft
United Kingdom

I am also having the same problems downloading any 4K or 1080p video to my iPhone XS Max or iPad Mini 4. I’ve successfully downloaded 4K video and photos to my MacBook but I’d hoped I would be able to offload footage to my iPhone whilst travelling. Very annoying.
2019-1-28
Use props
Colby Gordon
lvl.1

Canada

New firmware update today still can’t download videos to my IPhone X or I pad pro
When are you going to fix this DJI?
2019-1-30
Use props
Colby Gordon
lvl.1

Canada

Can’t download 4K 60 FPS to my IPhone X or IPad Pro
2019-1-30
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the only success I've had importing 4k 60fps onto my iPad Pro 11 is via Dropbox through LumaFusion. LumaFusion is able to work with the file.

If I go through Dropbox to import the file to the Photos app, it won't let me save it.

The main gap so far that's keeping me from being completely mobile is having to download the files to my desktop, transferring the files to Dropbox in order to import it to LumaFusion on my iPad.

Really defeats the purpose of being mobile.
2019-1-31
Use props
Marco666
lvl.1

Germany

You dont need Dropbox for that. With a Desktop this also works with iCloud and Lumafusion.
Still its not a great Solution for me. I am very disappointed with DJI.
2019-2-3
Use props
chrislau
New

Hong Kong

I am using a Samsung S8. My osmo pocket suddenly seems to have problems and when it is unable to show the photos and videos I have recorded when it's connected to my phone. What should I do?
2019-2-3
Use props
Fen
New
United States

I found this thread earlier and am ANGRY that DJI would intentionally misrepresent their support for iPhones. That's fraud.

My phone can shoot 4k video by itself but is completely unable to download directly from my Osmo Pocket. This information is not available ANYWHERE on DJI's Osmo Pocket site.

When is the app going to be FIXED? I paid way too much money for this partially broken camera.
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_nlgtlKIb4R4V
New

Hong Kong

DJI Tony we need updates!! Please !
2019-2-8
Use props
Huskers
lvl.1
United States

This is so frustrating! I had a Google Pixel2 that wouldn’t even connect to my Osmo. So, I bought an iPhone XS and now I can’t even download the one video I want. What a joke! Spend all this money for nothing!!
2019-2-17
Use props
fans197e177f
lvl.1
United States

This was STUNNING to me. I tried downloading a 4k/60 video to my XS MAX and no go. You have got to be kidding me DJI. You really need to get this taken care of and allow the downloading of 4k 60fps files to the iphones that can handle it. Really make me wonder what you were thinking not having this working.
2019-2-18
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Dropbox used to be my workaround to transfer 4k 60 files to my iPhone 8 Plus.  I now use a wireless travel router that also can be used as an external charger.  There are different ones out there.  I use the Ravpower
6000mAh Filehub Plus.  It is an amazing solution.  It allows you to insert an sd card and access the files via wifi on your iPhone.  I'm referring to its own wifi and you don't need to be connected to a wifi connection at home etc.  So this works in the middle of nowhere without the need  of pcs, dropbox, icloud, etc.  You're just using its own wifi to access the content of the sd card.  Best of all, you can also attach an external drive and a sd card at the same time and transfer the sd files to the hard drive without using a laptop.   You will only need a  phone app to do this.  I highly recommend a device like this one.  Be sure to get the one with the external battery that way it powers your pocket hard drives you attach to the file hub.  I have dumped my OP files to an external drive using the filehub and trust me you will love the fact that you no longer need a pc or wait til you get home to access your 4k videos from the sd card or your hd.  There are many more things you can do with the filehub but I'm just sharing a solution related to this conversation.  I hope DJI does come out with a firmware to fix this 4k issue but in the meantime this device is just another way to access your files.   
2019-2-19
Use props
fans71a7d697
New
United States

I found a workaround to solve this though it is not the most elegant.

-Install VLC for iOS from the App Store
-Open VLC se
- Connect Osmo Pocket to Mac
-Airdrop the 4K/60fps video to the iPhone
2019-2-19
Use props
fans71a7d697
New
United States

I found a workaround to solve this though it is not the most elegant.

-Install VLC for iOS from the App Store
-Open VLC settings and disable hardware acceleration
- Connect Osmo Pocket to Mac
-Airdrop the 4K/60fps video to the iPhone or save to iCloud Drive
-Open file from Files app on Phone
-Choose open with VLC
2019-2-19
Use props
fans71a7d697
New
United States

—-Editing on the phone is still greatly less efficient then using it on a real NLE...for me direct import is the crux of the issue, really a convienience and backup thing. Please add support to save to The Files App from the Mimo App, especially if it’s just a bitrate issue. Then, I can at least save really high quality clips to work on from a computer later and immediately back up my work.

But it does stand to reason that if Lumavision can incorporate a codec to that can work with the fast bitrate on an iOS device, then you could incorporate the same ability to edit and export 4K 60fps footage from your own Mimo app. If the limitation is the save to Photos function...then support export via the share function.
2019-2-19
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Still strange that we can't still transfer this. Why can you transfer the 4K/30 and not the 4k/60? Need to be fixed soon. Can you give us an outlook on when this will be possible DJI?
2019-2-19
Use props
Hgokbudak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16919 ft
Turkey

Still cant believe that we cant transfer videos to ipad
Put your camera on your pocket,use it anywhere u want  but u need to carry your laptop or desktop with you to edit them.
2019-3-8
Use props
Cat Mioton
New
Flight distance : 5479 ft
Spain

DJI

The date is 27th March 2019
I have the DJI Pocket Osmo AND the Wifi base connector.
I have an iPhone 8+ and the 2018 iPad
On [I]neither[/I]  of these devices can I download the 4K30fps footage
2019-3-27
Use props
Cat Mioton
New
Flight distance : 5479 ft
Spain

DJI

I have the DJI Pocket Osmo AND the Wifi base connector.
I have an iPhone 8+ and the 2018 iPad
On neither  of these devices can I download the 4K30fps footage DJI

Kindly stop being so utterly appalling in your communications and let us know
1. What the problem is,
2. When a fix can be expected,
3. How to get a refund - and a damn apology - if fix does not suit us, timewise (not a timeline suitable to yourself as  this fail doesn't warrant you deciding how much longer we should have to put up with this)

Disgusted,

Cat
2019-3-27
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Cat Mioton Posted at 3-27 07:46
DJI

Check out this thread
https://forum.dji.com/thread-184255-1-1.html

Basically, if you want to edit 4K60 videos on your IOS device you'll need Lumafusion. And you have to import to a different folder (NOT the PHOTO/CAMERA ROLL) you'll be able to do this by using the devices below.

You need to use either a WD Wireless Passport Pro, a Ravpower WD-03 wireless hub, or Sandisk iXpand drive to be able to import your photos to Lumafusion.

Lumafusion Guide
https://luma-touch.helpscoutdocs ... and-reference-guide

It's a workaround but Lumafusion is IMO the best editor for IOS anyway so it's  a great solution for me.

2019-3-27
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Please tell me you are not travelling with a single card. I have 4. I’ve never made it past 1 so far, but one day.....

I also have the biggest backup battery I can reasonably carry.
2019-3-30
Use props
mengying Li
New

Russia

dji current app version or dji mimo not support my iPhone Xs Max ??
2019-5-15
Use props
Erwin_1999
lvl.1
Netherlands

Update June 2019: They updated the app and i'm now able to export 4k60fps files to my iPhone XS! I just came back from my vacation  
2019-6-10
Use props
Erwin_1999
lvl.1
Netherlands

Update June 2019: They updated the app and I'm now able to export 4k60fps files to my iPhone XS!

I just got back from my vacation in Los Angeles so the update came just too late for me, but on my next vacation it will be much easier to quickly share some footage!
2019-6-10
Use props
djiuser_sJjLDxIDoIxM
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-17 12:50
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We tried an Android device, and we see no problem downloading the 4K60P video. We have tested the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the device can't. So iPhone series may need to confirm further. Don't worry. Our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi
I had the same problem, I have iPhone X and I couldn’t transfer the videos in my phone.. I have called customer service, they asked me to email after I have emailed them they asked me to try online chatting, this still not resolved after 3 weeks. I am keep going back and forth different  department to department. This is so frustrating . I don’t want to buy another phone just to have quick clips transfers .. Gopro 7 is by far best , for quick daily blogging 4K videos quick translating and uploading I will highly recommend GOPro
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_sJjLDxIDoIxM
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-17 12:50
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We tried an Android device, and we see no problem downloading the 4K60P video. We have tested the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the device can't. So iPhone series may need to confirm further. Don't worry. Our engineers have been aware of this and they are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.

2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_sJjLDxIDoIxM Posted at 11-25 19:29
Hi
I had the same problem, I have iPhone X and I couldn’t transfer the videos in my phone.. I have called customer service, they asked me to email after I have emailed them they asked me to try online chatting, this still not resolved after 3 weeks. I am keep going back and forth different  department to department. This is so frustrating . I don’t want to buy another phone just to have quick clips transfers .. Gopro 7 is by far best , for quick daily blogging 4K videos quick translating and uploading I will highly recommend GOPro

Hi there, we feel sorry for the unpleasant experience. May we confirm that do you use the Osmo Pocket, right? Could you please let us know more details (including the model and the OS of your mobile device) about the issue that you encountered?
By the way, you mentioned that you have contacted our support, so may we know the ticket number? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.  
2019-11-27
Use props
zYx
New
United Kingdom

Very disappointing experience.

I am unable to download 4K60 videos to my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Latest app, latest firmware.

Please advise.
2019-12-26
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

2019-12-26
Use props
AWTech
lvl.1

Singapore

It’s sucks when I tried to download 4k60 video to my XS, it prompted me to transcode the video before it could be downloaded. Since I have a iPad Pro 11 running the latest ios13, I connected  pocket to iPad Pro via the USB c cable. Pocket prompted whether to connect it to the computer, clicked Accept to grant the connection. Opened the File app on iPad Pro, selected the ext drive and copied the 4k60 video file over to iPad Pro. I saved the video into Photo and the video played smoothly without a single issue. I airdrop the video file to my XS, the video was also playing smoothly on the photo app without any issue.

DJI stated iOS devices do not support 4k60 video but how come I could play the said video in my iPad Pro and iPhone XS without any issues?

I believe it is the limitation of the Mimo app itself. DJI software Engineers have to look into it and optimised it.

Pls take a look at the image below.

2019-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules