osmo pocket power failure
27572 94 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fcYVkYizwFEq
New

United States

I just purchase the osmo pocket. After turning on and selecting. English, the product powers off and doesn’t allow me to activate it. This is frustrating. Please help
2019-11-23
Use props
Tautvilas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

have exactly the same situation. One day camera just stoped turning on. And do not charge. Sent it to DJI for service. After a while I was told that it is water damaged. And they refuse to send my camera back to me at all. I know there is no water damage, just ...ty battery thing as for everybody else. And besides that they are keeping my camera for them. Now we are talking about customer rights.... Personal rights... Ironical thing knowing the origin of dji
2019-11-24
Use props
Pascal French
lvl.1
France

djiuser_zfBxoVLiNQE6 Posted at 2018-12-19 21:18
Yes, same issue here too.  Just 24 hours old and only used it for about 15mins.  Tried different power apapters, cables... it's completely dead.

hi i see your post i watch the date in 2018, i received mine yesterday 30/12/2019 and same problem, i use 10 mn, i put on usb cable and this day nothing, no power no led.
2019-12-31
Use props
Pascal French
lvl.1
France

i received my Osmo pocket yesterday 30/12/2019 and same problem, i use 10 mn, i put on usb cable and this day nothing, no power no led,
2019-12-31
Use props
Pascal French
lvl.1
France

ok it's again me,
we are the 1/1/20 and i put my osmo pocket on the power of my mobil phone 'oppo reno" and miracle the led appear ,
DONT PUT THE CABLE USB TO YOUR COMPUTER
it's not enough power to grow up the battery of Osmo Pocket , i put my osmo since 15mn i wait 1 hour and i come back to say if all it'ok
2020-1-1
Use props
Pascal French
lvl.1
France

ok after 25 min on the power of my mobil phone i start the Osmo pocket and all it's ok, i have after 25mn of power 34% of battery
i hope you have the same chance for your Osmo Pocket .......and Happy new year
2020-1-1
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

From the manual:

"It is recommended to use a USB adapter of 5 V/2 A USB for optimal charging."
2020-1-1
Use props
fansf7c6386f
New

Argentina

Hi, I bought the Osmo Pocket last year in Japan. I used it a few months without any problem but suddenly one day it didn’t turn on any more. I tried to contact the support team to try to fix it but as I am in Argentina now, I couldn’t do it because of my location. Please I need to find a solution since my Osmo Pocket was never hit, sinply one day it didn’t turn on anymore.
2020-4-11
Use props
fansf7c6386f
New

Argentina

Hi, I bought the Osmo Pocket last year in Japan. I used it a few months without any problem but suddenly one day it didn’t turn on any more. I tried to contact the support team to try to fix it but as I am in Argentina now, I couldn’t do it because of my location. Please I need to find a solution since my Osmo Pocket was never heated, sinply one day it didn’t turn on anymore.
2020-4-11
Use props
fans69289b97
New
United States

I also have a similar issue. The battery rarely charges over 76%. Sometimes the unit will not turn on. I have to plug back into a charger and then power on. Then unplug and test again. It seems that is the only way to reset it. However, sometimes I forget to test it and it will not turn on when I am in the field. I know there is still charge on the battery because when I come home and plug it back in, the screen says 76%. It is extremely frustrating to hear that many of you are having the same issue. Its even more frustrating that the customer service over an common issue is so bad.
2020-6-6
Use props
Fessman
New

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-17 15:55
Hello and good day dekaderse125. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Osmo Pocket. Are you able to get in touch with the dealer where you purchase the unit and ask for replacement? Or if not you may contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support to open a ticket for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi DJI,

Is it possible in a future  firmware update to use Osmo Pocket with just a power adapter and take the battery out of the circuit while using the adapter?

I've noticed that even when Osmo Pocket is plugged into a powered USB port, without even recording the battery depletes.

Having to remove O.P. from it's mount to recharge has resulted in many missed opportunites to capture nature videos.

I'm suggesting that you add a mode where Osmo Pocket battery power can be switched off, or switches off automatically when the O.P. is connected to an external power supply.

That way, users wouldn't miss potentially fantastic video footage, due to having to re-charge the Osmo Pocket.

And to make it clear, I am not asking that the battery continue to charge while the power adapter is plugged in- quite the opposite- The battery should be taken out of the circuit when external power in connected- like to an external USB power hub, for instance.

It would be very much appreciated by all
2020-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fessman. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this DJI Osmo Pocket feature. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_QD20pWwv23hU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2043314 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-8 21:20
Hello there Fessman. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this DJI Osmo Pocket feature. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

I stored my Pocket in the case after using it a couple of months ago.  Went to turn it on yesterday and it didn't power up.  I tried charging it with no success.  Help.
2020-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_QD20pWwv23hU Posted at 6-27 09:05
I stored my Pocket in the case after using it a couple of months ago.  Went to turn it on yesterday and it didn't power up.  I tried charging it with no success.  Help.

Hello there. I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Pocket will not power up after storing it for a couple of months. Have you tried using a different charger and cable to see if it will charge. In addition, kindly please keep it charging for a certain amount time ( around 73 mins when using a 10W charger ) to see whether it works. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
Raiyan Islam Rubai
New

Bangladesh

I dropped my dji osmo pocket into a pool around 7 feet deep, after that its not turning on, tried the rice in bag for 24 hours but didn’t work. What can I do? There are no authorised dealer in my country.
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules