osmo pocket power failure
123Next >
27571 94 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dekaderse125
lvl.1
United States

I recently purchased an osmo pocket.  Had it for one day and not sure what happened but the unit won't power on nor take a charge.  Is their an override to reset the unit?  
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day dekaderse125. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Osmo Pocket. Are you able to get in touch with the dealer where you purchase the unit and ask for replacement? Or if not you may contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support to open a ticket for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2018-12-17
Use props
AldoRosales
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1452090 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 15:55
Hello and good day dekaderse125. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Osmo Pocket. Are you able to get in touch with the dealer where you purchase the unit and ask for replacement? Or if not you may contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support to open a ticket for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

the same happens to me update the Osmo pocket and I finish loading I tried to use it and it does not turn on it does not charge or start
2018-12-17
Use props
dekaderse125
lvl.1
United States

I took the unit back to the point of purchase.  I may revisit this device again next year.  I really liked the unit just upset at the power failure.  When talking to a dji support rep, they recommended returning the unit.
2018-12-18
Use props
peterpeterpeter
New
Flight distance : 49505 ft
United States

i think mine might have the same issue, i left mine to charge over night it was at 40% charge using the charger plug they gave me plugged into my PC, then i woke up it didnt turn on at all !!!! then i used my Anker USB-C charger it is charging now but ill see over time if same issue.   
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

peterpeterpeter Posted at 12-18 08:07
i think mine might have the same issue, i left mine to charge over night it was at 40% charge using the charger plug they gave me plugged into my PC, then i woke up it didnt turn on at all !!!! then i used my Anker USB-C charger it is charging now but ill see over time if same issue.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. It's recommended to use a USB adapter of 5V/2A USB for optimal charging. Make sure to charge the Osmo Pocket in an environment where the temperature is within 5°-60° C for safety. Osmo Pocket limits the charge current when it's temperature is between 45°-60° C. In that case, Osmo Pocket cannot be fully charged. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-12-18
Use props
WKHC
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 14:37
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. It's recommended to use a USB adapter of 5V/2A USB for optimal charging. Make sure to charge the Osmo Pocket in an environment where the temperature is within 5°-60° C for safety. Osmo Pocket limits the charge current when it's temperature is between 45°-60° C. In that case, Osmo Pocket cannot be fully charged. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

I have the same issue. I was able to activate and update the firmware with no problem. So I plug it in to charge and went back to it after dinner and it won't power on. Disappointing.
2018-12-18
Use props
WKHC
lvl.1
Canada

WKHC Posted at 12-18 18:51
I have the same issue. I was able to activate and update the firmware with no problem. So I plug it in to charge and went back to it after dinner and it won't power on. Disappointing.

Returning it tomorrow. Wasting my time.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AldoRosales Posted at 12-17 21:01
the same happens to me update the Osmo pocket and I finish loading I tried to use it and it does not turn on it does not charge or start

Hi AldoRosales, I'm so sorry for the troubles. Please refer to 2# and start a case to send the unit in for diagnosis. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WKHC Posted at 12-18 18:51
I have the same issue. I was able to activate and update the firmware with no problem. So I plug it in to charge and went back to it after dinner and it won't power on. Disappointing.

WKHC, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly provide us with the SN and case number once you got it, we'll keep following up.
2018-12-18
Use props
WKHC
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-18 19:30
WKHC, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly provide us with the SN and case number once you got it, we'll keep following up.

It's OK. I am going to return it. I would have tried a replacement unit from the camera store but when I tried to cancel my Shield order, your agent refused to cancel it unless I show a proof that I returned it! Are you guys serious?
2018-12-18
Use props
AldoRosales
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1452090 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Susan Posted at 12-18 19:27
Hi AldoRosales, I'm so sorry for the troubles. Please refer to 2# and start a case to send the unit in for diagnosis. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.

Hello, good evening and request my case number (1518461) could you help me to tell me what is the protocol to send the osmo pocket to revision
2018-12-18
Use props
WKHC
lvl.1
Canada

WKHC Posted at 12-18 20:58
It's OK. I am going to return it. I would have tried a replacement unit from the camera store but when I tried to cancel my Shield order, your agent refused to cancel it unless I show a proof that I returned it! Are you guys serious?

Instead of apologizing that the product is dead in arrival, she is some how concerned that i would return the Shield and kept the unit to cheat you a year of warranty?
2018-12-18
Use props
fans592f7e32
lvl.1
United States

I got the same issue. I went out and shot a lot of footage with my sister... came back an hour later... REFUSES TO POWER ON, or even charging... I think the latest firmware update broke the unit. My Osmo Pocket is now... paperweight.

I even posted on Twitter

https://twitter.com/_SamuelSandoval/status/1075258296049782786
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_u1hRZzRWnCxZ
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Same issue here. so frustrating ...
I just got it arrived today. and play for a while after charge .....  good design but bad manufacturing will definitely ruin the business ...

asking for replacement, but don't know how long to wait ...
2018-12-19
Use props
WKHC
lvl.1
Canada

Refunded it today. Maybe next Christmas after you guys fixed all the bugs.
2018-12-19
Use props
SamuelSandoval
lvl.1
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58zwau ... 1545270410.mp4?dl=0 is this the same issue you guys had?
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_zfBxoVLiNQE6
New

Australia

SamuelSandoval Posted at 12-19 17:52
https://www.dropbox.com/s/58zwau5h0g99m0j/video-1545270410.mp4?dl=0 is this the same issue you guys had?

Yes, same issue here too.  Just 24 hours old and only used it for about 15mins.  Tried different power apapters, cables... it's completely dead.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_2N54NE1QqUbE
New

Philippines

Mine won't turn on as well. I was able to update the firmware and activate it. I was able to use it and then turned it off while at work. When I tried to use it for our holiday party, it would no longer charge or turn on. My friend bought it for me in New York but I'm in the Philippines now. This is so frustrating!
2018-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Can I ask all of you if you stored your Osmo Pockets in the supplied carry case when not in use? I'm convinced the OP doesn't entirely switch off and that there is a slow power drain from the gimble not parking correctly after switch off. I'm not sure if anyone has tested this as of yet no-one has replied to my post on the subject either confirming theirs behaves the same as mine or not. Admins have also kept strangely quiet in replying to my query as well. If I'm right, then the power drain would continue beyond the batteries capacity to recharge.
2018-12-20
Use props
dekaderse125
lvl.1
United States

My OP was in the supplied case.  I took it out of the case and realized it wouldn't charge nor power on.  
2018-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

dekaderse125 Posted at 12-20 09:01
My OP was in the supplied case.  I took it out of the case and realized it wouldn't charge nor power on.

Please read my post here and you will see why I'm concerned about the gimble behavior. If it does have slight power when switched off and the gimble pushes against the side of the case when at rest then I think that could cause a power drain. Unfortunately, I can't for the moment test this further myself as mine is boxed up until Christmas. To my mind, the gimbles should move freely when the power is off and kept in the vertical position and it isn't free moving but feels powered. At least on my unit, it feels that way. My wife did let me check it over before being wrapped up :-)
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_2N54NE1QqUbE
New

Philippines

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-20 08:58
Can I ask all of you if you stored your Osmo Pockets in the supplied carry case when not in use? I'm convinced the OP doesn't entirely switch off and that there is a slow power drain from the gimble not parking correctly after switch off. I'm not sure if anyone has tested this as of yet no-one has replied to my post on the subject either confirming theirs behaves the same as mine or not. Admins have also kept strangely quiet in replying to my query as well. If I'm right, then the power drain would continue beyond the batteries capacity to recharge.

I also stored it in the carrying case right after use. Charged it and its still not working at all.
2018-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

djiuser_2N54NE1QqUbE Posted at 12-20 20:18
I also stored it in the carrying case right after use. Charged it and its still not working at all.

And still no replies from any Dji Mod about any of my posts. So not even trying to replicate this behavior to confirm or rebuke my findings.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WKHC Posted at 12-18 20:58

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. The Osmo Shield can be canceled in the following situations: https://www.dji.com/service/osmo-shield/info#faq

If you request to replace a product after purchase, please contact our support and indicated that you have purchased the Osmo Shield, the team will instruct you on how to rebind it.
X.png
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AldoRosales Posted at 12-18 21:10
Hello, good evening and request my case number (1518461) could you help me to tell me what is the protocol to send the osmo pocket to revision

Hi AldoRosales, sorry for the late response. Upon checking the ticket number, the team has replied you, please kindly offer your information in the email, we'll create a case for you, thank you!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans592f7e32 Posted at 12-18 21:22
I got the same issue. I went out and shot a lot of footage with my sister... came back an hour later... REFUSES TO POWER ON, or even charging... I think the latest firmware update broke the unit. My Osmo Pocket is now... paperweight.

I even posted on Twitter

Hi there, we've responded you here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175255-1-1.html Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_u1hRZzRWnCxZ Posted at 12-19 01:09
Same issue here. so frustrating ...
I just got it arrived today. and play for a while after charge .....  good design but bad manufacturing will definitely ruin the business ...

Hi there, sorry for the troubles. Could you provide us with your case number? I'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_zfBxoVLiNQE6 Posted at 12-19 21:18
Yes, same issue here too.  Just 24 hours old and only used it for about 15mins.  Tried different power apapters, cables... it's completely dead.

I've read your another comment and responded in 13# as well: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1689388 Please keep us updated there for better follow up, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_2N54NE1QqUbE Posted at 12-20 06:52
Mine won't turn on as well. I was able to update the firmware and activate it. I was able to use it and then turned it off while at work. When I tried to use it for our holiday party, it would no longer charge or turn on. My friend bought it for me in New York but I'm in the Philippines now. This is so frustrating!

I'm so sorry to read your post. Just to verify, do you use the original charger and keep the unit charging for a certain time? If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may contact your friend and help to send the unit in for diagnosis. Sorry about this.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-20 09:22
Please read my post here and you will see why I'm concerned about the gimble behavior. If it does have slight power when switched off and the gimble pushes against the side of the case when at rest then I think that could cause a power drain. Unfortunately, I can't for the moment test this further myself as mine is boxed up until Christmas. To my mind, the gimbles should move freely when the power is off and kept in the vertical position and it isn't free moving but feels powered. At least on my unit, it feels that way. My wife did let me check it over before being wrapped up :-)

Sorry for the late response. I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175278-1-2.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
amitbhawanidji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18156 ft
India

Hey Guys,
Just read your issues & thought to share mine and get some help.
I got a brand new DJI OSMO Pocket from the USA through a friend. Updated the firmware, completed the first full charge and its dead. What's the solution? I charged it for around 1 hour and it is not booting up.
Any way to get this hard reset or is it dead?
2018-12-22
Use props
fansdba0c4c4
lvl.1

United States

Had the Dji pocket for one day and now it won’t power on or taking the charge. Very disappointed!
2018-12-22
Use props
fansdba0c4c4
lvl.1

United States

Update:  Went to the Dji store at downtown San Francisco today and was told nothing they can do about it.
2018-12-22
Use props
astrogirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18494 ft
Australia

fansdba0c4c4 Posted at 12-22 15:04
Update:  Went to the Dji store at downtown San Francisco today and was told nothing they can do about it.

did they replace it or refund????
2018-12-22
Use props
fansdba0c4c4
lvl.1

United States

astrogirl Posted at 12-22 16:09
did they replace it or refund????

No... they didn’t even bother to take a look at it. Just asked me to call the their customer service number. But the customer service number only open Monday thru Friday... I’m supposed use it for my friends and family holiday parties this week ... they should have locally service centers for problems like this.
2018-12-23
Use props
Kanin Pongngarmjit
New

Ireland

Having the same problem here. Bought my osmo pocket on 20/12, used it to take some photos and had its firmware updated yesterday and charged a device for few hours. Today I can't power on or even charge osmo pocket. Any troubleshooting?
2018-12-23
Use props
gonzales.mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7520 ft
United States

SAME HERE! Its been a week since i purchase te OP, but in the middle of the shoot, it failed. The unit won’t power on, i did my best to troubleshoot even though i dont know how, its really frustrating especially im in the middle of the event and im using it! It ended up with my phone camera, argh!
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_6hVc0eL1XDoZ
lvl.1
Macao

My osmo pocket also failed to start up. Worse thing now is I'm on Christmas holidays and need it for filming.

This is downright ridiculous.
2018-12-23
Use props
fansdd4c758c
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

same problem with me. really frustrating. got it from DJI china, but seems i need to send it to the Netherlands for repair??? hopefully replacement. waiting for confirmation. considering its Christmas Eve not sure when i will hear.  
2018-12-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules