Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Mobile 2 Vibation Issue Megathread (and possible fix)
12231 6 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianb_japan
New
Philippines

Like more than a few others, my OSMO Mobile 2 often starts vibrating, buzzing and grinding, making it unusable:

https://youtu.be/Mg13B9VT_H0

The phone (an IPhone 6 in this instance)  is already balanced when mounted, and I've run the calibration process from the DJI GO app.

It happens most often immediately after turning the OSMO Mobile 2 on, though sometimes it starts vibrating a few minutes after normal use.

It also happens regardless of whether the DJI GO app is running on the phone or not, so it's not the phone or app at fault.

Others have reported the issue as well:
Motor vibration/ weird grinding sound when turning on.
Faulty Osmo mobile 2.See my video !

Osmo 2 gimbal vibration

So I was getting ready to return my brand new DJI OSMO Mobile 2 when I stumbled upon this video that offered a possible solution:
https://youtu.be/LZLlrfmMuW0

I checked my own DJI OSMO Mobile 2, and lo and behold, that thumbscrew that lets you lock the phone mount in either landscape or portrait orientation was, indeed, loose on my unit!

I tightened it up and so far, the vibration and buzzing hasn't returned. When I do loosen up that thumbscrew and turn on the DJI OSMO Mobile 2, it either starts vibrating immediately upon startup or after a few movements.

If you are experiencing this problem, do try checking your thumbscrews for tightness.

2018-12-17
Use props
MauryOM28V
New
United States

Thank you!!! This is awesome.
2019-2-24
Use props
toootone
New
United States

Thanks so much for your fix.  This was my issue as well, and tightening the portrait/landscape knob seems to have fixed the vibration problem.
2019-6-12
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-6-14
Use props
Snoopyredbaron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12887 ft
Guatemala

Why is not this thread more popular?
This solved what practically rendered my Osmo2 unusable for more than a year and a half.

Kudos!
2022-3-25
Use props
Snoopyredbaron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12887 ft
Guatemala

Thank you for posting this.
2022-3-25
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

Snoopyredbaron Posted at 2022-3-25 19:49
Thank you for posting this.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by vibrating randomly on your IPhone. Here are some steps you can take to fix it:-
1. Force restart:- Hold down the volume down and side button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears to force restart your iPhone. This can sometimes clear temporary glitches.
2. Check notifications:- Review your notification settings for all apps. Even silenced notifications can trigger vibrations for some apps. Look for apps with unexpected vibration settings, especially recently installed ones.
3. Silent mode:- Consider putting your iPhone in silent mode if the vibrations are bothersome while you investigate the issue.
4. Vibration settings:- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Check the "System Haptics" section and turn off any haptic feedback you don't need, like keyboard clicks or scrolling.
5. Accessibility settings:- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > System Haptics. Disable any haptics you don't use, like "Lock Sound" or "Home Tap".
More details instruction below.
2-19 23:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules