Can't adjust Exposure Comp in Pro Mode
842 2 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
webrock
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

Has anyone else had an issue where you cannot adjust the EV in Pro Mode?  This makes no sense why you wouldn't be able to do this.  It only allows you to adjust the shutter, which in turn adjust the EV values.  I want to shoot 4K/60P and shoot at 1/120th, but when I do that the EV values is making the sky go white, and I can't adjust it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
2018-12-17
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

If you set your ISO to 100 and you're still blowing out the sky at 1/120, then you'll need to wait for the ND filters to be released. Exposure compensation won't help you in this situation as the ISO is already at its lowest when set to 100, and all EV compensation will do is raise your shutter speed, which brings you back to your original problem. You can probably get away with a couple of stops faster than 1/120 and still get some natural blur; but unfortunately it won't be as cinematic as 1/120. The lens is f2.0, so this is a wide aperture and I suspect 1/120 shutter speed will be too slow for many situations. In manual mode, the EV indicator is simply there to inform you about exposure levels and it can't be adjusted. I've not tried to adjust it in auto, but even if you could, this still won't help you to get the desired 1/120 shutter speed consistently due to constantly changing light conditions. So basically, just wait for the ND filters and use manual mode with 1/120 shutter speed, and then use auto ISO to adjust to changing lighting conditions. Hopefully in the future someone will design an adjustable ND filter so we can keep to ISO 100, but I doubt it because the camera is rectangular, not round, so it would be difficult to make the filter adjustable.
Hope this helps.

2018-12-17
Use props
webrock
lvl.1
United States

theprisoner6666 Posted at 12-17 21:20
If you set your ISO to 100 and you're still blowing out the sky at 1/120, then you'll need to wait for the ND filters to be released. Exposure compensation won't help you in this situation as the ISO is already at its lowest when set to 100, and all EV compensation will do is raise your shutter speed, which brings you back to your original problem. You can probably get away with a couple of stops faster than 1/120 and still get some natural blur; but unfortunately it won't be as cinematic as 1/120. The lens is f2.0, so this is a wide aperture and I suspect 1/120 shutter speed will be too slow for many situations. In manual mode, the EV indicator is simply there to inform you about exposure levels and it can't be adjusted. I've not tried to adjust it in auto, but even if you could, this still won't help you to get the desired 1/120 shutter speed consistently due to constantly changing light conditions. So basically, just wait for the ND filters and use manual mode with 1/120 shutter speed, and then use auto ISO to adjust to changing lighting conditions. Hopefully in the future someone will design an adjustable ND filter so we can keep to ISO 100, but I doubt it because the camera is rectangular, not round, so it would be difficult to make the filter adjustable.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the explanation.  I appreciate it.  Looks like I'll be waiting for those ND filters.

Thanks!
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules