1760 20 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the Osmo Pocktet shoot Time Lapse in 4K?

2018-12-17
Use props
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes - works just fine.
2018-12-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EMBE Posted at 12-17 22:08
Yes - works just fine.

Would you be so kind to tell me how you set the device for 4K? I see no option either stand alone or hooked to app to change the format of the time lapse.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BrianKushner, the Timelapse video generated by the DJI Mimo is 1080P, 30FPS, but we have the signal pictures stored in SD card, you can stitch them via the third party software if you require higher resolution.
2018-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

See Page 8 of the User Manual.  It covers all of the swipe/swipe/tap settings.  Additionally there are a number of video tutorials here:  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
The last one is on TimeLapse.

2018-12-18
Use props
jellycow
lvl.1
United States

I just tried doing a timelapse with stand-alone Pocket and I noticed that Auto Power Off will kick in...and ruin your timelapse if it's longer than auto power off.

I noticed that I can't turn Auto Power Off...minimum is 1 minute and max is 15 minutes.  But I can set the Timelapse as long as I like.  I was doing a 5 hour timelapse test...and it got cut off at 15 minutes.

Any ideas?
2018-12-18
Use props
Bj0rn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 03:30
Hi BrianKushner, the Timelapse video generated by the DJI Mimo is 1080P, 30FPS, but we have the signal pictures stored in SD card, you can stitch them via the third party software if you require higher resolution.

Any plans to change this in future firmware so it can handle 4k? Then it fits nicely in the same timeline as alle 4k footage...
2018-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-18 08:16
See Page 8 of the User Manual.  It covers all of the swipe/swipe/tap settings.  Additionally there are a number of video tutorials here:  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
The last one is on TimeLapse.

Doesn't do 4K
2018-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 03:30

Problem with this Mindy is the files saved during the time lapse are JPG not RAW!!! So suffice to say you aren't going to get a decent 4K time lapse from the Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jellycow Posted at 12-18 08:45
I just tried doing a timelapse with stand-alone Pocket and I noticed that Auto Power Off will kick in...and ruin your timelapse if it's longer than auto power off.

I noticed that I can't turn Auto Power Off...minimum is 1 minute and max is 15 minutes.  But I can set the Timelapse as long as I like.  I was doing a 5 hour timelapse test...and it got cut off at 15 minutes.

The good news continues to pour in about issues with this camera.
2018-12-18
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

jellycow Posted at 12-18 08:45

I have done 1/2 hour timelapes with my pocket and it didnt turn off
2018-12-18
Use props
jellycow
lvl.1
United States

LouisP Posted at 12-18 12:16
I have done 1/2 hour timelapes with my pocket and it didnt turn off

I'll make this topic to the other thread I started.  I posted this there.  Sorry about the cross post...I couldn't start a new thread before.

I tried it few times and it keeps on shutting down at 15 minutes.  Only difference is mine was motion lapse (2 points) stand-alone AND plugged into the power (on a USB-C stand).  I'll try it now without it plugged in and see what happens.  Then I'll try it again with it plugged in to see if it makes a difference.
2018-12-18
Use props
jellycow
lvl.1
United States

Just adding an additional info that replacing my Sandisk Ultra card (U-1) with a Samsung Evo Select (U-3) fixed my issue.  I tried everything to fix it and nothing worked...but getting a faster card fixed it.  Strange...all the specs show that Sandisk Ultra should be more than fast enough to deal with the motion lapse...
2018-12-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jellycow Posted at 12-18 17:04
Just adding an additional info that replacing my Sandisk Ultra card (U-1) with a Samsung Evo Select (U-3) fixed my issue.  I tried everything to fix it and nothing worked...but getting a faster card fixed it.  Strange...all the specs show that Sandisk Ultra should be more than fast enough to deal with the motion lapse...

More crazy is the card that comes with the Everything Pack (or whatever they call it) the card is incompatible.
2018-12-18
Use props
jellycow
lvl.1
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-18 20:09
More crazy is the card that comes with the Everything Pack (or whatever they call it) the card is incompatible.

Yeah I find it weird too.  Spec wise, SanDisk Ultra (U-1) should be more than good enough for Osmo Pocket.  My Ultra card does about 27MB/s sequential write, which should be more than adequate.  I started out thinking there was something wrong with Osmo and it turned out it was the card so maybe my specific Ultra card had issues.  But I noticed on the Mavic forums that people swear by Extreme Pros and some have issues with Ultras too.   It's not like these cards support Trim or anything -- maybe they do erase/write cycle instead of write so it slows down at times.  Who knows...

Either way, I feel like Osmo Pocket should give better feedback if it's going to give up on doing the time lapse before the allotted time though...
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jellycow Posted at 12-18 20:57
Yeah I find it weird too.  Spec wise, SanDisk Ultra (U-1) should be more than good enough for Osmo Pocket.  My Ultra card does about 27MB/s sequential write, which should be more than adequate.  I started out thinking there was something wrong with Osmo and it turned out it was the card so maybe my specific Ultra card had issues.  But I noticed on the Mavic forums that people swear by Extreme Pros and some have issues with Ultras too.   It's not like these cards support Trim or anything -- maybe they do erase/write cycle instead of write so it slows down at times.  Who knows...

Either way, I feel like Osmo Pocket should give better feedback if it's going to give up on doing the time lapse before the allotted time though...

Hi jellycow, sorry for the late reply but glad to see the issue has been fixed by trying another high-speed card, technically, the Osmo Pocket shouldn't turn off itself when it is still recording, thanks for your sharing and hope you have a great time with it.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BrianKushner Posted at 12-18 11:03
Problem with this Mindy is the files saved during the time lapse are JPG not RAW!!! So suffice to say you aren't going to get a decent 4K time lapse from the Osmo Pocket.

Your request for the RAW files in Timeplase and the higher resolution will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, we will keep improving our products to make you have a better experience.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bj0rn Posted at 12-18 10:01
Any plans to change this in future firmware so it can handle 4k? Then it fits nicely in the same timeline as alle 4k footage...

Hi Bj0rn, your suggestion of the higher resolution in Timelapse will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, thanks for your attention to DJI Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-21
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes - works just fine.

How? DJI says it doesn’t.
2018-12-21
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes - works just fine.

How? DJI says it doesn’t.
2018-12-21
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-21 00:43
Hi Bj0rn, your suggestion of the higher resolution in Timelapse will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, thanks for your attention to DJI Osmo Pocket.

Thank you. Yes 4K timelapse would be a great feature for the pocket
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules