Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waterproof case for osmo pocket
71090 117 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevenPhyffer
New

Australia

Because the knew when the launch this case they will not be able to sell as many DJI Action Cams. It is launching in a few days! I'm very disappointed in DJI. I have own loads of their drones and I bought the Osmo Pocket for diving. Now they don't sell the cases anymore. Instead we need to buy the DJI Action Cam. It's dishonest and they sold as the Osmo Pocket under false pretences.
2019-5-10
Use props
StevenPhyffer
New

Australia

Lyagukh Posted at 1-10 00:59
We have to wait and see. If the housing will be available by summer, I will definitely buy it and give it a go.

Let's see if they will yes, Because they knew when they launch this case they will not be able to sell as many DJI Action Cams. It is launching in a few days! I'm very disappointed in DJI. I have own loads of their drones and I bought the Osmo Pocket for diving. Now they don't sell the cases anymore. Instead we need to buy the DJI Action Cam. It's dishonest and they sold as the Osmo Pocket under false pretences.
2019-5-10
Use props
fansc7cd910e
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi can someone please update?! One of the reasons I bought op is because of the advertised diving case. What is the status!
2019-5-12
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

fansc7cd910e Posted at 5-12 16:58
Hi can someone please update?! One of the reasons I bought op is because of the advertised diving case. What is the status!

Still no status.
Sadly, I might have to give the waterproof case a bye-bye. Looks like DJI just sugarcoating OP through their ads and mass-lying to everyone.
2019-5-12
Use props
fansa31179e2
lvl.3
United States

If they really did false advertise then they will have a giant law suit on their hands. Which I will for sure be a part of.
2019-5-13
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

fansa31179e2 Posted at 5-13 09:16
If they really did false advertise then they will have a giant law suit on their hands. Which I will for sure be a part of.

Count me in too
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we are working on the Waterproof case for Osmo Pocket and will be released very soon. it is not the false advertisement, it will definitely be released, sorry to keep you waiting.
2019-5-13
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you Mindly, is there a possibility for a pre-order?
2019-5-13
Use props
travelmechanics
New
Flight distance : 2730 ft
Portugal

Seems like is not going to happen soon. I was told by support that no idea when and not soon for sure. Better stay with gopro for diving...
2019-5-15
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

F...ck, I've given away all my GoPro equipment ... and summer is not far away. I was hoping the case would be available today.
2019-5-15
Use props
fansa31179e2
lvl.3
United States

DJI said "by end of Q2" ..... I highly doubt they will be releasing it within 16 days..... so yet again they lied to us
2019-5-15
Use props
Eric Young
lvl.1
China

I am new to the forum so I can not share the waterproof case we have made for Pocket. Anyone interested, please PM me
2019-5-15
Use props
Eric Young
lvl.1
China

waterproof case for POhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5qmv16UAgQ
2019-5-15
Use props
sstolk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215558 ft
Netherlands

Let see who's first...
2019-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Time for an osmo action maybe?
2019-5-17
Use props
Ujwal Barbde
lvl.1

India

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-18 08:02
Hello and good day RikDingo. Thank you for the inquiry and for the interest with the waterproof case for your DJI Osmo Pocket. As of the moment we still have no information when will the this accessory be available. For the latest news and updates for the DJI Osmo Pocket and its accessories please visit out official website at www.dji.com for further details. Thank you for your support.

You have released another product of DJI but still no signs of waterproof housing as well as stick.........If you are not willing to release these accessories please make it clear because so many people are waiting
2019-5-17
Use props
JOAQUIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2224 ft
Belgium

I hope DJI does better than this, horrible, it looks like it's opening a bottle of nutella. Come on DJI, make it  better and quickly the summer is coming with the holidays and we are all waiting.
2019-5-31
Use props
JOAQUIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2224 ft
Belgium

I hope DJI does better than this, horrible, it looks like it's opening a bottle of nutella. Come on DJI, make it  better and quickly the summer is coming with the holidays and we are all waiting.
2019-5-31
Use props
bartosh
lvl.1
United States

I purchased the Osmo Pocket on launch with the expectation that the waterproof case will be available WAY before a scuba trip I had planned mid-June. If I had known that the waterproof case would have been effectively cancelled then I would have never made the purchase in the first palce. I have lost any trust I previously had in DJI with this mess.

I learned my lesson. Never purchase from DJI based off of future products/softwares. Only buy based on what is currently avaialble
2019-6-10
Use props
Evan_d
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-13 19:23
Hi all, we are working on the Waterproof case for Osmo Pocket and will be released very soon. it is not the false advertisement, it will definitely be released, sorry to keep you waiting.

Please give us an update..we all feel like you are not really honest. I bought the OP especially because of the advertised water case, should i sell it or should i wait.
Best,
Evan
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Evan_d Posted at 6-10 17:24
Please give us an update..we all feel like you are not really honest. I bought the OP especially because of the advertised water case, should i sell it or should i wait.
Best,
Evan

Hi Evan, the waterproof case of Osmo Pocket is estimated to be released within this month, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bartosh Posted at 6-10 09:28
I purchased the Osmo Pocket on launch with the expectation that the waterproof case will be available WAY before a scuba trip I had planned mid-June. If I had known that the waterproof case would have been effectively cancelled then I would have never made the purchase in the first palce. I have lost any trust I previously had in DJI with this mess.

I learned my lesson. Never purchase from DJI based off of future products/softwares. Only buy based on what is currently avaialble

Hi bartosh, the waterproof case of Osmo Pocket is estimated to be released within this month, we will push it, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-6-13
Use props
Louis91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1604360 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I think it's coming ! Dji released an update with a "waterproof case" mode.
And I got this message when I asked DJI:
"We do apologize but the waterproof case is currently not been release yet,
but don't worry it will be release as soon as possible in the month of july."
2019-6-28
Use props
derBemsi
New
Germany

Again you lied to us june is over and there no waterproof case in the shop
thats terrible
2019-7-1
Use props
csjoe
New
Hungary

Well I just purchased one from Aliexpress. Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of weeks.
2019-7-2
Use props
djiuser_ZnSgIVoCzqFr
lvl.1
Japan

csjoe Posted at 7-2 05:05
Well I just purchased one from Aliexpress. Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Hello. If you don’t mind, will you tell me where you ordered? I’m looking for, but I can’t find any place to order.
2019-7-2
Use props
Lyagukh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68179 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

djiuser_ZnSgIVoCzqFr Posted at 7-2 18:18
Hello. If you don’t mind, will you tell me where you ordered? I’m looking for, but I can’t find any place to order.

There are lots of sellers on Ali who sell some 3d party box, just search for "osmo pocket waterproof". It is NOT made by DJI and frankly I have my doubts about it due to high degree of curvature of the dome .
2019-7-3
Use props
djiuser_ZnSgIVoCzqFr
lvl.1
Japan

Lyagukh Posted at 7-3 12:51
There are lots of sellers on Ali who sell some 3d party box, just search for "osmo pocket waterproof". It is NOT made by DJI and frankly I have my doubts about it due to high degree of curvature of the dome .[view_image]

Thanks. I though he ordered the dji’s underwater housing. I have no idea what is wrong with DJI. I’m so sad.
2019-7-3
Use props
VMoney
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy - Can you please address the delays here? This is starting to feel like false advertising.
2019-7-10
Use props
Yikscw
lvl.1

Hong Kong

This is so disappointed from DJI.   The false advertising for the DJI OSMO Pocket waterproof case plus selfie stack.
2019-7-10
Use props
Mr Deadpool
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Lyagukh Posted at 7-3 12:51
There are lots of sellers on Ali who sell some 3d party box, just search for "osmo pocket waterproof". It is NOT made by DJI and frankly I have my doubts about it due to high degree of curvature of the dome .[view_image]

Can anyone report on whether this sunnylife underwater casing works? Looks like the only contender right now as the official DJI one is still nowhere to be seen and we haven't had another update from DJI Mindy. It'll most probably be cheaper than the official one if it does ever get released.
2019-7-11
Use props
Gijs4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243665 ft
Netherlands

FINALLY!!

The official underwatercase is available at tje DJI Store:
https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-waterproof-case
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_ZnSgIVoCzqFr
lvl.1
Japan

Gijs4 Posted at 7-15 01:57
FINALLY!!

The official underwatercase is available at tje DJI Store:

Thanks! It looks great in black. The price is less than I thought, which is good!!! I was going to get one, but I just sold my OP (sorry, couldn’t wait) and got gopro. I might get OP again, but not asap.
2019-7-15
Use props
Rosio L Ortega
lvl.1

United States

Waterproof case is out.
2019-7-15
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
2019-8-2
Use props
fans885d6f4a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Lyagukh Posted at 1-8 17:58
I own lots of underwater housings: Olympus 8080, Olympus u720, Hammerhead for Sony handycams, Meikon for Sony RX100, GoPro 3 Black. All of them have flat viewports, none of them gave distortion. What have I done wrong? ;)

You haven't done anything wrong, AS LONG AS the plane of the housing glass is parallel to the lens plane...
It it is different, you WILL suffer from distortion.

A Dome is much more reliable, AND because a DOME should be larger ( to ensure proper focus on the sphere surface (Underwater optics 101)  ) it would also allow you to:
- get the FULL or almost FULL stabilization from the osmo pocket;
- allow you to get those "half under/half over" shots that are super nice.

PEOPLE FROM DJI, WAKE UP!!!
This flashlight-alike  design is just plain stupid, inefficient, limitative, poor, completely wrong, and not suitable for underwater filming.
Osmo Pocket COULD BE the greatest thing for underwater stabilization because it is physical stabilization and not digital as osmo action or gopro, and you do this??? A full shot in the foot...

PLEASE use a dome.
PLEASE ASK scuba divers.

ALSO... PLEASE review the o-ring system. ANY ONE will tell you that CLAMPS are better that a screw OVER two touching surfaces... if the screw ring unscrews unnoticed... as soon as you get to the surface your housing will flood. Deep down, maybe not, because of the pressure but at 1 meter down... it will.

Come on guys... you should be smarter....
2019-8-20
Use props
Lyagukh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68179 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

fans885d6f4a Posted at 8-20 09:58
You haven't done anything wrong, AS LONG AS the plane of the housing glass is parallel to the lens plane...
It it is different, you WILL suffer from distortion.

Like I said in one of my previous posts - both flat design and dome design have their own pitfalls. Apparently, with flat design, acceptable range of stabilization angular movements is small - I agree on that. IMHO that in itself is not really a show-stopper though - stabilizer is NOT a replacement for underwater video shooting skills like good buoyancy control . On the other hand, with dome design - there might be issues with focusing and we have already seen less than perfect focusing on OP even on surface.

But all of that is rendered to a philosophical flame by pathetic design of locking system. With current O-ring which easily pops off I would not risk using it even for snorkeling. On top of it - you cannot visually check O-ring position after you screwed the cap. It is plain unusable for underwater activity, sorry DJI. And that not to mention button design which - I suspect - will also cause leaks.

All in all, DJI should have focused on what they have expertise for: recreational drones and gimbals. They should have delegated underwater housing to some 3d party well-established in this area like Ikelite.

I will try to replace O-ring with something more suitable but my current attitude is to purchase new GoPro - at least those guys have learned the basics
2019-9-1
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>

Lyagukh Posted at 9-1 04:53
Like I said in one of my previous posts - both flat design and dome design have their own pitfalls. Apparently, with flat design, acceptable range of stabilization angular movements is small - I agree on that. IMHO that in itself is not really a show-stopper though - stabilizer is NOT a replacement for underwater video shooting skills like good buoyancy control  . On the other hand, with dome design - there might be issues with focusing and we have already seen less than perfect focusing on OP even on surface.

But all of that is rendered to a philosophical flame by pathetic design of locking system. With current O-ring which easily pops off I would not risk using it even for snorkeling. On top of it - you cannot visually check O-ring position after you screwed the cap. It is plain unusable for underwater activity, sorry DJI. And that not to mention button design which - I suspect - will also cause leaks.

Hello again.

I have taken DJI housing  with me on my vacations and, even though I haven't had the chance to scubadive, I have been at the beach everyday with it.

Between Sun, Sand and Salted water there was no leaks whatsoever.
Check this youtube video (https://youtu.be/op1ZnGobxcc) showing an osmo housing hack that I've created that allows me to shoot macro underwater and also gives a tip on what i think is causing most of the leaks

Cheers, guys!
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules