Win Hasselblad Camera or an Inspire 2 with the 2018 SKYPIXEL Contest
123Next >
17776 106 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Well I edited something so I hope I will something! By the way, this is a good way to show everyones skill right!
2018-12-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Great way to start the New Year.
Just got my 4th battery for the MP so you can Count me in .This is an awesome contest.
2018-12-30
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

just submitted mine with me luck, happy new year
2019-1-1
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Curious,  I have some good footage to enter, should I enter a < 5 minute compilation or just individual clips over 30 seconds in length?  Are you looking for well done compilations (with music, effects etc) or just outstanding footage clips?

I shoot mostly for stock video, so I have a lot of 30 - 60 second clips, as well as some good compilations from clips I have shot.
2019-1-2
Use props
Tibopix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Will definitely give it a try!
2019-1-2
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
Flight distance : 817864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

cameracollector Posted at 1-2 08:47
Curious,  I have some good footage to enter, should I enter a < 5 minute compilation or just individual clips over 30 seconds in length?  Are you looking for well done compilations (with music, effects etc) or just outstanding footage clips?

I shoot mostly for stock video, so I have a lot of 30 - 60 second clips, as well as some good compilations from clips I have shot.

Hi cameracollector:

For this contest, videos must not exceed five minutes in length and must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage. No matter compilations or individual clips, as long as the work you upload meets the contest requirements, then they could join in the contest.

If you want some insights or ideas about what kinds of video that we are hoping to see, you can have a look at our weekly selection: https://forum.dji.com/thread-176426-1-1.html

Best.
SkyPixel Team
2019-1-2
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

SkyPixel天空之城 Posted at 1-2 22:59
Hi cameracollector:

For this contest, videos must not exceed five minutes in length and must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage. No matter compilations or individual clips, as long as the work you upload meets the contest requirements, then they could join in the contest.

Thanks - I'll check them out

Also forgot to ask, should I render them in 4K or just 1080p?
2019-1-3
Use props
Maxi_Mega
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139672 ft
France

Hello,

So much good loots available in here ! Really nice !
But I have a question, should images be retouched or should they not ?

Thanks,

Maxi_Mega
2019-1-3
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Maxi_Mega Posted at 1-3 09:17
Hello,

So much good loots available in here ! Really nice !

Hi Max_Mega

Entrants are allowed to edit their works. For photos, EXIF information should be reserved.

Best.
SkyPixel Team
2019-1-3
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

cameracollector Posted at 1-3 08:23
Thanks - I'll check them out

Also forgot to ask, should I render them in 4K or just 1080p?

You can render your video in 4K but if you want to upload your work, video size must less than 2GB, Plus, you might know that SkyPixel is not available for 4K video playing (not yet hah),  so 1080p is fine.
2019-1-3
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Will not let me upload my video
2019-1-4
Use props
Nanolab
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122165 ft
France

SkyPixel天空之城 Posted at 1-3 19:25
Hi Max_Mega

Entrants are allowed to edit their works. For photos, EXIF information should be reserved.

Sorry,
I don't get "should be reserved"... Do you mean untouched or unedited or maybe removed ?
English is not my native language so I prefer to be sure ! :p
Thanks
2019-1-4
Use props
Maxi_Mega
lvl.4
France

Nanolab Posted at 1-4 22:33
Sorry,
I don't get "should be reserved"... Do you mean untouched or unedited or maybe removed ?

Ouais, moi aussi x))
2019-1-5
Use props
DROHNEN.DANIEL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761447 ft
Germany

Well. It's time to join it
2019-1-5
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

SkyPixel天空之城 Posted at 1-3 19:49
You can render your video in 4K but if you want to upload your work, video size must less than 2GB, Plus, you might know that SkyPixel is not available for 4K video playing (not yet hah),  so 1080p is fine.

Okay, I rendered and uploaded one in 4K,  it was 2,084,345 KB (1.98GB) so it should be ok. It seems to have gotten accepted, but I can't see it when I go to My Work - it just says "no upload works found" - however it does show up under creation when I go to my page. I uploaded it on the contest page so I am not sure why it is not showing up..
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

That is so cool!
2019-1-5
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Should all the footage in the submission be 'drone' footage?  Or can you mix drone footage with GoPro/DSLR, etc...?
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I like the inspire 2!LOL
2019-1-5
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nanolab Posted at 1-4 22:33
Sorry,

You can edit your photo of course, but our editors and judges need to access to the EXIF information from the work you upload.
2019-1-6
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

geoffz Posted at 1-5 15:28
Should all the footage in the submission be 'drone' footage?  Or can you mix drone footage with GoPro/DSLR, etc...?

Hi geoffz

Videos must not exceed five minutes in length and must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage.
Photo submission requirements: A single photo shot on a drone, with an image size of least 3 MB, and a resolution no less than 300 dpi.

Best,
SkyPixel
2019-1-6
Use props
God-Athena
lvl.2
Greece

Very nice contest!!
2019-1-7
Use props
Maxi_Mega
lvl.4
France

SkyPixel天空之城 Posted at 1-6 22:17
You can edit your photo of course, but our editors and judges need to access to the EXIF information from the work you upload.

Hello,

What are the EXIF informations ?

Maxi_Mega
2019-1-7
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

I uploaded my video on the upload page, but it is not showing up in under "My Work" when I log in.  
2019-1-7
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

cameracollector Posted at 1-7 10:15
I uploaded my video on the upload page, but it is not showing up in under "My Work" when I log in.

Hi cameracollector

Could you please provide the website of your personal homepage and your DJI account? Our team will figure out what happened to your work.

Best,
SkyPixel Team
2019-1-7
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

SkyPixel天空之城 Posted at 1-7 18:38
Hi cameracollector

Could you please provide the website of your personal homepage and your DJI account? Our team will figure out what happened to your work.

Thanks - PM'd you the information
2019-1-8
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I got a picture and a video entered! I am new so I did not know what to post but I found something
2019-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What they don't tell you is that very few submissions get shown in the gallery which means that very few of your entries are going to be seen by anyone or voted for in the people's choice category.
Why is this?
It's hard to say.  
I've been asking for an explanation and have had some weird "explanations"  from Skypixel that don't really say at all.
Their first attempt said the reason why there is only some of the entries  are shown for people to vote is that we skypixel have to make sure that  the people's choice prize will comes from our selected works, not some  normal works. Otherwise there will be someone using robots or other  vicious methods to manipulate the result of people’s choice prize.   
So they rejected my submissions to keep the voting honest ??
That makes no sense at all so I asked again.
This time they tell me that:
Only featured(staff picked) entries could be displayed in the contest gallery. Hope to see you there soon.
And we take a review on your rejected work, our system was reviewing the content automatically, sometimes it made mistakes, sorry about that.

Huh Skypixel?
So you randomly select some images and toss the rest away?

Whatever the real answer is, I think the contest is rubbish.
What's the point of having a people's choice category when hardly any entries are visible to the people to vote on.
Sorry Skypixel ... you have no idea how to run a contest.

Much as Skypixel is about the worst website to submit photos if you want anyone to see them.
Skypixel is about as good as putting your best images in a shoebox at the back of an old cupboard in the basement.
I had one image selected for display on the Skypixel homepage in October 2017.
I submitted another 112 pictures before another one was selected for display in November 2018.
And it's not as if my photos aren't good enough - DJI invited me to be part of their Recommended Photographers Program a year ago.
Fat lot of good that did.

Sorry Skypixel ... I'm just sick of you burying my work.
I think I'll put it in an old shoebox from now on.
It won't be seen by any less people.
2019-1-9
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Labroides Posted at 1-9 03:27
What they don't tell you is that very few submissions get shown in the gallery which means that very few of your entries are going to be seen by anyone or voted for in the people's choice category.
Why is this?
It's hard to say.  

Hi Labroides

Those questions you mentioned had been clarified in our email. It's true that only featured (staff picked) entries could be displayed in the contest gallery. Photos/videos are successfully submitted if you can find them under “My Works” on the contest page.(https://www.skypixel.com/contests/2018)

As always, thank you for your valuable advice and your great contributions to SkyPixel and Buying Guides.

Best Regards,
SkyPixel Team
2019-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SkyPixel天空之城 Posted at 1-10 02:25
Hi Labroides

Those questions you mentioned had been clarified in our email. It's true that only featured (staff picked) entries could be displayed in the contest gallery. Photos/videos are successfully submitted if you can find them under “My Works” on the contest page.(https://www.skypixel.com/contests/2018)
It's true that only featured (staff picked) entries could be displayed in the contest gallery.
But entries not picked by your machine learning algorithm (which doesn't know a good photo if it sees one), will never be seen by others and so will not get any votes in the People's Choice category.
What's the point of having a People's Choice category when the "people" can't even see your entries.

Photos/videos are successfully submitted if you can find them under “My Works” on the contest page.
What's "successful" about your entry if no-one else can see it or vote for it?
Will the judges still see it?  I've asked several times but had no answer.

Your stupid machine learning algorithm that picks the entries is rubbish and this Skypixel "contest" is a scam.
Here's an example of a picture your stupid, blind machine learning  algorithm doesn't think is good enough for your stupid "competition".

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2019-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 1-10 12:19
But entries not picked by your machine learning algorithm (which doesn't know a good photo if it sees one), will never be seen by others and so will not get any votes in the People's Choice category.
What's the point of having a People's Choice category when the "people" can't even see your entries.

It wins my vote, but can I vote for it ?
2019-1-10
Use props
travelswithlewi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241109 ft
United Kingdom

Great contest, but why oh why is the video upload size 2GB? How are we suppose to submit our films at 4K quality?
2019-1-13
Use props
Vustadumas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48199 ft
United States

Quick question!  I was having trouble uploading my video for the contest, kept giving me the "content does not exist" or whatever, but I finally was able to get my video uploaded, and it now appears in "My works" page.  Now that it's in "My works" page, how do I submit it into the contest?  
2019-1-16
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Vustadumas Posted at 1-16 16:59
Quick question!  I was having trouble uploading my video for the contest, kept giving me the "content does not exist" or whatever, but I finally was able to get my video uploaded, and it now appears in "My works" page.  Now that it's in "My works" page, how do I submit it into the contest?

Photos/videos are successfully submitted if you can find them under “My Works” on the contest page.
https://www.skypixel.com/contests/2018
2019-1-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Vustadumas Posted at 1-16 16:59

If it's showing in My Work, you have submitted it to the contest.
Whether they accept it is another matter.
2019-1-16
Use props
Vustadumas
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-16 18:50
If it's showing in My Work, you have submitted it to the contest.
Whether they accept it is another matter.

It doesn't show in the My Work on the contest page, but only in the My Work under my profile.   I'll try once more, see if it uploads and shows under the contest page, if not, oh well.  

Thanks for the replies!
2019-1-16
Use props
Vustadumas
lvl.2
United States

Vustadumas Posted at 1-16 22:13
It doesn't show in the My Work on the contest page, but only in the My Work under my profile.   I'll try once more, see if it uploads and shows under the contest page, if not, oh well.  

Thanks for the replies!

Upload finally worked, and it shows correctly under the My Works of the contest page.  Thanks, everyone!
2019-1-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a great contest!  
2019-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-18 09:26
Sounds like a great contest!

If it's such a great contest, why is an image like this one rejected?
What kind of contest uses a computer to decide what pictures are good enough to be seen by the judges?
How many thousands of entries have been rejected by their stupid machine learning algorithm?
Look in the gallery to see if yours was passed.
It's not a contest, it's a sham.

2019-1-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-18 15:35
If it's such a great contest, why is an image like this one rejected?
What kind of contest uses a computer to decide what pictures are good enough to be seen by the judges?
How many thousands of entries have been rejected by their stupid machine learning algorithm?

Interesting...thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to check.  
2019-1-22
Use props
SkyPixel天空之城
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-22 18:37
Interesting...thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to check.

Thank you so much for your participation in the contest!

Only featured (staff picked) entries could be displayed in the contest gallery as well as the “Explore” page.
. Also, you can take a look at our weekly selection and see some incredible creations from other players. https://forum.dji.com/thread-178263-1-1.html

Best Regards
SkyPixel Team

2019-1-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules