6645 10 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd17af852
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590955 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am enjoying my Osmo Pocket, but I must say that I am disappointed with the fact that I am stuck with 30 and 60 fps vs 24 as a default.  I know that if I hook it up to my iPhone and set it up with the "pro" settings I can change that and then disconnect the iPhone, but the second I need to change any setting or even take a photo I have to cancel "pro" mode and then I am stuck back at 30fps.  I think that they are really going to need to change this as most professional videographers I work with, shoot and deliver in 24fps and anything shot in 30fps cannot be converted properly to 24fps and used in a 24fps project without getting that drop frame every second.  So as a real-world example I send my 2nd cameraman to use the Osmo to pick up some Broll shots and I have set it up for him with my desired settings in pro mode.  I would like him to be able to switch modes back to auto or manual exposure or back and forth between video and still photos if he needs to without reverting back to 24fps.  

I sure hope that they can change that in a future firmware update?  If not I fear that I will need to return this as 30fps is not a usable format for my projects and always needing an iPhone is not a practical solution for me.

2018-12-18
Use props
Stangman
lvl.4
Sweden

+1 for this
2018-12-18
Use props
benr
New
United States

+1. Essential feature update.
2018-12-18
Use props
jayar.geronimo
New
Philippines

Hi, you can shoot 24 fps but use a phone and set it up under PRO mode.
2018-12-19
Use props
jayar.geronimo
New
Philippines

jayar.geronimo Posted at 12-19 00:35
Hi, you can shoot 24 fps but use a phone and set it up under PRO mode.

I know it sucks that you can only do it under PRO mode and you can only hold one PRO mode setting when you disconnect your phone, but I am guessing this is a "simplification" decision for most of the consumers that the Osmo pocket is for.

My guess would be as not to sacrifice simplicity is to allow us to save setting profiles to the device
2018-12-19
Use props
William752
New

India

An excellent suggestion!
2018-12-19
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is why it is called PRO mode
An amateur records at 30/60 fps.
Well, if you are a pro, why take footages without using a bigger screen than 1 inch square monitor??
Otherwise, I don't think it costs so much adding 24fps on board settings. It could be done.
2018-12-19
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-19 01:20
This is why it is called PRO mode
An amateur records at 30/60 fps.
Well, if you are a pro, why take footages without using a bigger screen than 1 inch square monitor??  

Pros frequently send second junior camera people out to get Broll and my fear is that if they have to get a quick photo or change a setting that they have to cancel out od Pro mode and then have to hook up a phone and set it up again.  And if they are careless could come back with unusable 30fps.  As you said it would not cost much to do that update and I am guessing they will
2018-12-19
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jayar.geronimo Posted at 12-19 00:39
I know it sucks that you can only do it under PRO mode and you can only hold one PRO mode setting when you disconnect your phone, but I am guessing this is a "simplification" decision for most of the consumers that the Osmo pocket is for.

My guess would be as not to sacrifice simplicity is to allow us to save setting profiles to the device

I think you hit it on the head when you said "Hold" only 1 Pro mode.  I think it would be that simple.  Swipe down go into settings where you could keep multiple Pro modes i.e. Pro Mode 24, Pro Mode 48, AFC, AFS, etc.  I do believe that this is nothing more than a software/firmware update and will most-likely come.
2018-12-19
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
Cambodia

Good to see that DJI solved this with one of the earlier firmware updates!
2019-6-7
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

The General Posted at 2019-6-7 02:11
Good to see that DJI solved this with one of the earlier firmware updates!

Do you recall which update this was resolved? I don’t ever remember seeing it as being resolved but I may not have known to look in the Pro mode to get the 24fps either so I’ll check that. If the phone is removed from the pocket does it revert back to 30/60 or will it stay at 24fps? Has this issue been resolved with the Pocket 2?
2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules