Second flight, front left motor went out
1145 3 2014-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

I was flying for only the second time. Everything was working well and I am learning to copntroll the Phantom. I got up to around 450' and played around a bit then came down to 5-15' to practice maneuvering and get used to the controller. I was flying near the ground for several meters when the Phantom seemed to stop responding to the "throttle" stick. It would not lift and slowly augered in. No damage but I discovered that the front right motor had gotten all janky. At idle it just kind of jerked around while the other 3 motors spun up normally. When I ran up the RPMs, that motor still ran much slower and it was obvious that taking off would not happen.
I am very luck that it waited until it was less than 3' off the ground to stop working.
Anyone else have a motor go out like that?
2014-11-7
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have never had any issues with the motors in my P2V+. At this time I hope you have contacted DJI for an RMA or your dealer if you purchased it from one. If you have never had any crashes prior to what you experienced it sounds like you have a faulty unit. Since this is no fault of your own you should not have a problem in having the problem corrected. At this point and time I suggest you do an Advanced Calibration using your Assistant Software to see if it helps at all with the props off. In the end it sounds like your Phantom will require service.
2014-11-8
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Could also be the speed controller for that motor went bad. Seek help from your Dealer or DJI if you purchased direct.
2014-11-8
Use props
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Guys (and girl?). I just sent it back to Nerds for repair. $20 UPS charge and probably at least 2 weeks. I had it for 10 days and it worked for about 30 minutes. If I had read these forums before I purchased I would have not bought a Phantom, at least until there was a return policy and/or a dealer near me. $1500 for 30 minutes of video. What a bargain.
2014-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules