The FAQ of Osmo Pocket(Continually updated)
1234Next >
44745 159 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Huskers Posted at 12-24 15:29
Just got my Osmo pocket. It won't launch the Mimo app using the USB C connector to connect to my Google Pixel 2. I tried a bunch of times, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Using the lightening connector it connected right away to my daughter's iPhone. I was able to activate the Osmo with her phone but I want to use my Pixel. How can I fix this? I was excited to use the Osmo for Christmas and now it doesn't work. Very frustrating!

Hi Huskers, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience., Just to verify, do you remove the case of your mobile device? If not, please have a try. Alternatively, you may change to another Android device to verify, thank you!
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

matpaint Posted at 12-25 12:08
I have the same problems.  I even tried 2 different  phones  Android  and iphone still sits on activating   any help would be great.

Hi matpaint, sorry for the troubles. May I have the screenshot of the error message and SN for double check? Thank you!
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd2dc4533 Posted at 12-25 13:46
Are there any plans to allow the ‘virtual joystick’ that appears when you connect an iPhone to the Osmo pocket to be moveable. I’d much prefer it on the left.

Hi there, please kindly disable the Gimbal Easy Control on App, then the virtual sticks will be split. One can control the pitch and another controls the yaw, hope it helps.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Films Posted at 12-25 15:15
Can we change the joystick to the left side of the screen instead of the right? If not, please add this feature.

Hi C.Films, please kindly refer to 83# and have a try.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Smith Posted at 12-25 16:06
Can we disable the tutorial videos that start up every time the mimo app is launched. They get very annoying pretty soon.

Hi Jim, our engineers have been aware of this and will fix it in the App update. Sorry for the unpleasant experience.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Xlear99 Posted at 12-25 17:54
There is no screen shot I can show you as there is  no place to change the date and time on the app or on the camera. The date and time on the unit is wrong so could you tell me where is the setting for adjusting the Date and Time?

Hi Xlear99, I have tested at our end, the date and time are correct. Just to verify, have you connected the mobile device when taking the pictures/videos? You may refer to WebParrot's suggestion in 73# or try to format the SD card to see whether it works. If the issue persists, please kindly refer to the previous suggestion and offer some samples for further analysis, thank you!
2018-12-26
Use props
djiuser_NiZ1mYBf3UwH
New

France

Why on earth haven't you made a micro USB connection too ? If you decide to do so, when is it going to be available ?
2018-12-27
Use props
aznrage
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue. Many of my videos stutter a bit when I am panning. Can we please get a fix for this?
2018-12-27
Use props
fansf7979a04
lvl.1

Germany

Hi DJI Mimo App is not in the app store(Google Play) anymore?
2018-12-27
Use props
fans39a223d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541096 ft
Taiwan

Please add support to download 4K 30P video clips to iPad Pros. iPhone screen is just too small for me to edit a film. Thanks.
2018-12-28
Use props
fansc287ec92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45423 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi there,
I‘ve been using my Osmo Pocket for 1 week now. A great and amazing tool.
I wonder in there is a AE-lock feature? Exposure lock?Or is only an automatic mode available?
Thanks for support.
2018-12-28
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-19 12:41
You may be interested in this gear: https://www.pgy-tech.com/18c-holder

That is a excellent link.  Thanks
2018-12-28
Use props
C.Films
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-26 22:54
Hi C.Films, please kindly refer to 83# and have a try.

Though it adds a left to right joystick to the left, up and down is still controlled by the right stick. So still would prefer all the movement options to be set to the left of the screen then the right.
2018-12-29
Use props
C.Films
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_NiZ1mYBf3UwH Posted at 12-27 00:25
Why on earth haven't you made a micro USB connection too ? If you decide to do so, when is it going to be available ?

Honestly, I think the ship has sailed for Micro USB. If they make the adapter within a month or 2, that’d be great. But if not, most likely by next year or 2, anyone with a USB Micro phone will probably upgrade to a USB C phone. And everyone who doesn’t, probably isn’t gonna be interested in owning an Osmo Pocket, and go with the next best thing.
2018-12-29
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just wanted to point out that 4k60 files can be copied to iOS devices using a micro SD to lightning adaptor (not the apple SD adapter) and the app that comes with it. They can be saved to the Files app and used from there with apps like Lumafusion.
2018-12-29
Use props
slypikfox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161322 ft
Australia

Is there any way to lock the pan , i am using the pocket while flying a glider when thermaling we circle in a 150 to 200 meter circle about 25 seconds per rotation .now when i turn banked at 45 degrees the pocket drifts in pan so rather than looking straight ahead it either lags behind or slowly turns into the turn
2018-12-29
Use props
Huskers
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-26 22:26
Hi Huskers, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience., Just to verify, do you remove the case of your mobile device? If not, please have a try. Alternatively, you may change to another Android device to verify, thank you!

I've tried it with the phone case off and still nothing. I even returned the Osmo and got a new one and it too will not connect to my Google Pixel 2. Any suggestions on how to adjust the settings on the Pixel so it recognizes the Osmo?
2018-12-29
Use props
Michael Miami Sweden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question / Suggestion.

When making time lapses. The increments in time is very large. 1 hour - 2 hours and so on.

Q: If I would like to make a time-lapse for 90 minutes. If I set it to 2 hours, can I press the Stop button after 90 minutes and it still creates a movie or will that not work?

Suggestion: Smaller increments would be preferred. Like 15 minutes increment or 30 minutes. Hours is a bit long. Or the possibility of setting you own time would be even better.

Please advice.
Update ***
I can answer one of my question after simply trying it. It is possible to set a time longer than you actually need. And just hit the Record/Stop button when you think its enough. So thats great. The only downside is that you need to be there to do it. So smaller increments in setting the time would be great.

2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C.Films Posted at 12-29 10:23
Though it adds a left to right joystick to the left, up and down is still controlled by the right stick. So still would prefer all the movement options to be set to the left of the screen then the right.

Thanks for getting back to us. If there is anything new, we'll release at the first time.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_NiZ1mYBf3UwH Posted at 12-27 00:25
Why on earth haven't you made a micro USB connection too ? If you decide to do so, when is it going to be available ?

Hi there, we have not received the news for now. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aznrage Posted at 12-27 02:53
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue. Many of my videos stutter a bit when I am panning. Can we please get a fix for this?

Hi aznrage, could you upload some samples for better assistance? Thank you!
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf7979a04 Posted at 12-27 03:18
Hi DJI Mimo App is not in the app store(Google Play) anymore?

Sorry for the late response. The issue has been figured out, you may check later. Alternatively, you can download from our website: https://www.dji.com/mimo
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans39a223d8 Posted at 12-28 02:41
Please add support to download 4K 30P video clips to iPad Pros. iPhone screen is just too small for me to edit a film. Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion. This will be forwarded to our engineers for further review.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Huskers Posted at 12-29 15:59
I've tried it with the phone case off and still nothing. I even returned the Osmo and got a new one and it too will not connect to my Google Pixel 2. Any suggestions on how to adjust the settings on the Pixel so it recognizes the Osmo?

Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'll double check.
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc287ec92 Posted at 12-28 06:11
Hi there,
I‘ve been using my Osmo Pocket for 1 week now. A great and amazing tool.
I wonder in there is a AE-lock feature? Exposure lock?Or is only an automatic mode available?

Hi there, it is available to change the camera settings to manual, you may click the three points on the left bottom and choose Pro settings to check.
2018-12-31
Use props
c sm
New

United States

Thanks for the great information, I do have a question I just bought the pocket and using it for recording live video on my workbench I have to keep it in selfie mode so I can monitor the screen on my Galaxy while I'm working, I would love to engage active track to follow my hands as I'm working but since the osmo is reversed it will only allow me to engage selfie head tracking mode which does not work for following hands is there any way to reverse this so I can use active track when the osmo is turned around?
2019-1-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Colour profile is missing from the pro settings! When will this be rectified to enable CINE-LIKE
2019-1-2
Use props
Normstock
lvl.1
Canada

Is there anyway to connect a Samsung S6 with a micro USB to the Pocket Osmo, I have connected an iPad Pro with a lightning to USB C cable using the bottom port on the Osmo, but I believe this port won't work with a USB C to Micro USB cable.
2019-1-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Normstock Posted at 1-2 08:07
Is there anyway to connect a Samsung S6 with a micro USB to the Pocket Osmo, I have connected an iPad Pro with a lightning to USB C cable using the bottom port on the Osmo, but I believe this port won't work with a USB C to Micro USB cable.

Yes, buy an adapter and the S6 works fine.
2019-1-2
Use props
Normstock
lvl.1
Canada

M2Wair Posted at 1-2 08:28
Yes, buy an adapter and the S6 works fine.

Thanks you, I had seen them but thought the connection might not be strong enough to hold the phone to the Pocket Osmo securely
2019-1-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Normstock Posted at 1-2 09:34
Thanks you, I had seen them but thought the connection might not be strong enough to hold the phone to the Pocket Osmo securely

It's not very secure and not to be trusted without support.   Pgytech have a phone holder for the pocket Osmo due for release 5th Jan that is a perfect solution. I am currently using an adapted holder and works great but held together by rubber bands so look forward for the arrival of the Pygtech holder.
2019-1-2
Use props
Normstock
lvl.1
Canada

M2Wair Posted at 1-2 09:39
It's not very secure and not to be trusted without support.   Pgytech have a phone holder for the pocket Osmo due for release 5th Jan that is a perfect solution. I am currently using an adapted holder and works great but held together by rubber bands so look forward for the arrival of the Pygtech holder.

Thanks very useful info, I'll look out for it.
2019-1-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Normstock Posted at 1-2 10:42

My absolute pleasure, the osmo pocket is an awesome little tool and really comes into its own when used on pro mode using a phone as a monitor. Goes from great to exceptional.
2019-1-2
Use props
Normstock
lvl.1
Canada

M2Wair Posted at 1-2 13:02
My absolute pleasure, the osmo pocket is an awesome little tool and really comes into its own when used on pro mode using a phone as a monitor. Goes from great to exceptional.

I agree, I have just ordered a micro usb to usb c adapter I have the pocket on pro mode but you really need to check exposure settings for different light levels hence the phone.
2019-1-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Normstock Posted at 1-2 10:42

Here you go
https://www.pgy-tech.com/18c-holder
2019-1-2
Use props
muhammed jabir
New

India

djiuser_OPB6znBqus4M Posted at 2018-12-23 05:31
I am having this problems with the Osmo Pocket:
When I use video mode with Android mobile connected, there is no video mode that will not prompt error on trying to activate the face tracking on selfie mode or normal video mode. It always says that the tracking is not available for this video mode (I tried 4k 60 and 30fps...and 1080p).

i also seen story mode in some reviews. but after purchase, that story shooting option is not available..
2019-1-3
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a way to reset language?
2019-1-3
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

muhammed jabir Posted at 1-3 02:06
i also seen story mode in some reviews. but after purchase, that story shooting option is not available..

Story Mode is available on the recent Update to Mimo .... at least from the Apple Store version.
2019-1-3
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-26 20:17
Hi Vitus, may I know what's the OS of your mobile device? If it is Android device, please kindly change the system language as English, and the App will change as well.
For IOS device, you may set the language from here: DJI Mimo>Me(right bottom corner)>Settings(right upper corner)>Language(English). Hope it helps.

Thank you DJI Susan.
2019-1-3
Use props
TT_Mavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1599610 ft
  • >>>
United States

How on earth can you manually set the ISO/shutter speed when shooting a timelapse or motionlapse? This is perhaps the most frustrating pieces of tech i've used in a LOOOOOONGGG while.
2019-1-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules