The FAQ of Osmo Pocket(Continually updated)
44735 159 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

That is really helpful!
2019-1-5
Use props
dmgood
lvl.1
United States

I like to see development occur with users feedback. Keep them coming! I love it!
2019-1-6
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

New Osmo pocket firmware released ;)
2019-1-7
Use props
Osmosissyndrone
New
United Kingdom

Why do we not see in dji photos of the bottom view of accessories ? eg if the dji osmo holder has a 1/4" tripod socket ? cant see on the photo ,same on the bluetooth module ? It appears dji enthusiasm in the  marketing team miss important photos of product details of accessories , not rocket science to show all elevation planes........ jeez   .....

eg I need to know urgently before purchase, whether the bluetooth module has also throughport for charging whilst filming ? and a fairly obvious dumb question, can the socket intended for phone use be bi directional and allow charging via suitable USB-C custom cabling
2019-1-15
Use props
gk16blman
New

United States

So much of this unit is REALLY GOOD.  I have found that the focus is - somewhat better now with version 1.03  Its still slow, and still hunts a bit, but I can at least attempt a time lapse now with better focus.  

Please continue to work on focus improvements.
Please allow for pro settings on the unit itself -  4k 24P!
Please allow for time lapse in 4k!

Getting better with each release

2019-1-15
Use props
russellg
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Osmosissyndrone Posted at 1-15 11:15
Why do we not see in dji photos of the bottom view of accessories ? eg if the dji osmo holder has a 1/4" tripod socket ? cant see on the photo ,same on the bluetooth module ? It appears dji enthusiasm in the  marketing team miss important photos of product details of accessories , not rocket science to show all elevation planes........ jeez   .....

eg I need to know urgently before purchase, whether the bluetooth module has also throughport for charging whilst filming ? and a fairly obvious dumb question, can the socket intended for phone use be bi directional and allow charging via suitable USB-C custom cabling

I have been using the module connected to my ipad mini 4 via  wifi,  I also have a power bank that I plug into the module to charge the camera when my battery starts getting below 50%.  So far, I had no issues using the Osmo, but I am still in the honeymoon stage.
2019-1-16
Use props
idomeirovich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11853189 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Is Osmo Pocket Weatherproof?
2019-1-17
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Is he capable of making 360 panoramas? If not, is it supposed to supplement the software with this mode?
2019-1-17
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

HDR video - perhaps 4K 30fps, if this is not possible in full mode 4K 60fps ... Is this possible or expected in the future?
2019-1-17
Use props
fans408f8d4c
New

Norway

Still no solution for downloading 4K movies to iPhone 7 Plus. When is a solution expected for this?
2019-1-18
Use props
TobiFromGermany
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45423 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans408f8d4c Posted at 1-18 01:13
Still no solution for downloading 4K movies to iPhone 7 Plus. When is a solution expected for this?

I suffer as well...
Still no solution for downloading 4K 60p movies to iPhone X. When is a solution expected for this???
2019-1-19
Use props
TobiFromGermany
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

And I suffer even more...
Still no solution for getting panoramas in a better quality. For 3x3 the stills are in 12MP and the Pano only gets 4MP. When is a solution expected for this?
2019-1-19
Use props
fansdbf23cf7
lvl.1

Malaysia

I have a scenario here.

Im taking a tracking video of my friends running and follow him from back. Everything is fine until he looking back for a while the Osmo suddenly track his head, so when he facing forward again, the osmo will "fail to detect subject".

So, do not auto priotize the subject to face mode.

2. When I in motionlapse pro mode, I set the image to manual and set the area to shot. So when I unplug osmo from phone, it only in pro settings timelapse, not motionlapse.

This is my feedback
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_8XATCJMRPXjP
New
Thailand

My osmo say unauthorized device with no serial number

How can I fix that!
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_S5h8umvH6Yp2
lvl.1
United States

I am looking at getting a camera for filming. I am interested in getting the Osmo Pocket or the Original Osmo. I am interested in slow motion and don’t have the money for the x5 camera I want to know what camera would be the best for my needs.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_S5h8umvH6Yp2
lvl.1
United States

I am also looking for advantages to film action btw
2019-1-23
Use props
davidvek
lvl.3
Italy

why in raw resolution is 970x720?
2019-1-25
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Hi, will it be possible in the future to do automatic motion in normal video mode like in motion timelaps mode?

T.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_ZsQkO42ozh8P
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for the information! Looking forward to the new update.
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_kAESOExp9QtS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8635 ft
Australia

Two suggestions to make this great device even better:

1.  We need an option to take 3 or 5 shots with AEB that we can combine in Photoshop, just as we do with the Mavic Air, so we can create images with better dynamic range / HDR.  Happy to have this as a feature of the wireless stand (if required for optimal results/stability).

2.  Give us more options for time-lapse, please. I want to be able to create a video over half an hour with a shot every second.  Every 3 seconds is far too long if you want to film things like traffic.
2019-1-28
Use props
TobiFromGermany
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

New firmware 01.04.00.20
New features in stand-alone mode? I could not find them yet. But I keep trying.
2019-1-30
Use props
TobiFromGermany
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Bingo! Swipe to the settings. Then swipe to the right. Great!!!
Cine-D and Pro-Settings in stand-alone.
I am happy
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_kAESOExp9QtS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8635 ft
Australia

davidvek Posted at 1-25 01:10
why in raw resolution is 970x720?

Perhaps you're just viewing a preview of the RAW image. I've noticed this in Windows, but if you open it in Photoshop or another app that fully supports RAW, do you see the full resolution?
2019-2-1
Use props
Alex_BR
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Is there a plan to add 4K tracking on the Osmo Pocket?
2019-2-7
Use props
Rafael Gálvez
New

Spain

What happened with the wireless module? Every time I tried to change to cinelike and create stories, I need to connect directly the mobile... Please fix it!!
2019-2-7
Use props
Chad.aoun
New
Belgium

Hi,
I'm wondering why my Osmo pocket splits my videos into 15m30s clips even though it is still recording, and how can i change that?
I've also noticed that when i try to connect them in a video editor, there's a split second missing.
This is rather annoying. Please help me.
2019-2-17
Use props
HarrySatt
lvl.1
Austria

How can I get data from my OSMO Pocket to the PC the easiest way? Now I take out the SD Card but that might not be the best way. So how?
Regards, harald.
2019-3-7
Use props
fans326d4329
New

Singapore

Hi. I have mounted the pocket under my bike and will like to record the cycle. Which is the recommended mode and tracking?
2019-3-10
Use props
djiuser_EpxTJkYCZD9s
New

Switzerland

Hi. I can't turn on my dji osmo pocket. The red Light is blinking and nothing else hapend. The battery level is ok. Also tried without sd card in vain.

I was downloading my files when the osmo pocket turned off, the red Light blinking.

Please help me. My osmo pocket is 2 weeks old.
2019-4-6
Use props
BoombaMike
New
United States

so can you not use Active track when using the Mimo app?

When connected to a phone or iPad, if I double tap the phone screen on a person's face, it just brings up the brightness adjustments in the built in camera app. I cannot facetrack when connected to a device as the screen?
2019-4-22
Use props
Joninva1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I love the functionality of the motion lapse. It is great to be able to program up to 4 points for the camera to point at during the motion lapse. Can DJI put this functionality into normal video recording so we can program pans and tilts to be executed automatically? Do that and this osmo is even more of an incredible value and would be very useful for more shooting scenarios. Even if we could select shot intervals in hyperlapse to allow 30fps that would be awesome.
2019-5-11
Use props
TobiFromGermany
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, there!
Installed the new firmware and the Mimo update today. Works great! Thanks a lot DJI!
Now I can download the 4K/60p footage from my Osmo Pocket to my iPhone X.
Although only in 1080/60p, but better than not at all. I hope 4K/60p download will be supported with the next update...
2019-5-18
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Does Motionlapse work in portrait mode?
2019-5-24
Use props
Misca
New

Hi all. New to Osmo pocket. I shoot in my salon using it. I really need active tracking to stay active even after it loses face tracking for example. Ideally when it finds a face again it would keep tracking, so me or my subject stays the focus of the hour video. Seems once face tracking is lost even on selfie mode startup, it doesn't come back automatically. At the moment I have to keep checking it and re-turning on the tracking. Any ideas on this?
2019-8-8
Use props
fans4675d12c
New

United States

I am having a problem with my Osmo...camera shows it is recording...but I cannot find the files.  I am about 20 gigs into a 32 gig card...nothing recent is visable.  When I push record...it shows recording and shows how much time is left on the card.  Nothing there,  on the Pocket or the card.  thoughts?
2019-10-19
Use props
cheatoz210983\
lvl.2
Indonesia

TobiFromGermany Posted at 1-30 12:57
Bingo! Swipe to the settings. Then swipe to the right. Great!!!
Cine-D and Pro-Settings in stand-alone.
I am happy

which firmware

could you send a screenshoot or video the new feature...
2019-11-26
Use props
cheatoz210983\
lvl.2
Indonesia

HarrySatt Posted at 3-7 06:39
How can I get data from my OSMO Pocket to the PC the easiest way? Now I take out the SD Card but that might not be the best way. So how?
Regards, harald.

you could connect the osmo pocket to pc with usb type c cable.
2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_9GtX6Baldgja
New

Ukraine

Have a problem with Osmo Pocket . I just can't swipe from left and right (from top and bottom works well). Early all worked fine, camera just lay idle for a while and now having this issue. it is terrible... What can i do with this issue?
2020-8-15
Use props
Osmo pocket
lvl.1

United States

How do I set the capture naming files to continous instead of resetting to 001 after formatting the card?
2020-12-27
Use props
Osmo pocket
lvl.1

United States

How to set the capture naming to continuous rather than having it reset to 001 after formatting the sd card?
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules