Heating issues
471 2 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c293096
lvl.1
United States

I received my Osmo Pocket yesterday and it’s been having heating issues from nearly 5 minutes into it first being turned on. Today I had it on for maybe 15 minutes straight and it was getting REALLY hot. I feel nervous about it.

Is anyone else having these issues? There’s no way this can be normal. If my Sony or Canon cameras got even half as hot they’d be screaming at me to turn them off.

DJI can you address this? Do I get mine replaced? Will your warranty cover this if something happens?
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Is there any error message on the application? Where did you purchase the unit? We will coordinate this concern to our team for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-19
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

@fans0c293096  Yes, the device gets hot easily at least from my experience too. If you suspect it to be a hardware issue, can consider trying to record something in lower res or rate as a quick check. I personally found it to get hot much quicker when recording 4k clips without connecting to a phone. Wonder if the heat accumulated/added up faster with the tiny LCD turned on and processing the touch interactivities.
2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules