El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi El Diablo, the AFC issue has been forwarded to our engineers and they will keep optimizing the experience in the future. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-12-19
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not fixed yet.
Dji (at least moderators) are aware of the issue and have forwarded this to their developpers. Now hoping that a firmware ( this week please before xmas) will come to solve this. Otherwise i might return it aswell.
For the time being i film in afs , but my finger starts hurting of pushing the focus on the screen.
I will wait untill friday and see if they come up with something
2018-12-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-19
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still not fixed as you can see from votes/replies!

I think the best way for someone who hasn't got it yet to know when it's been fixed would be the DJI forum announcements when they do a firmware update.

Its not that the focus is bad initially though, it's quite sharp, it's just the 'pumping' issue. I contacted DJI support and they didn't really know - my issue was do I keep it past my 14 day return period and risk it not being fixed.
2018-12-19
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

If you use AFS instead of AFC you will have no problems (pumping issue) but you have to focus yourself...

AFC is slow and is allways trying to focus hunt....
2018-12-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In good light AFC seems ok 90% of the time, low light not so good, AFS is fine, haven’t had to much use with it, but quality is very good.
Hopefully an update will sort it, funny enough AFC works pretty filiming yourself.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

spicemeister Posted at 12-19 01:37
Still not fixed as you can see from votes/replies!

I think the best way for someone who hasn't got it yet to know when it's been fixed would be the DJI forum announcements when they do a firmware update.

Hello spicemeister, thanks for heading up. For the AFC issue, please kindly refer to 8# and we'll release on our website if there is anything new.
2018-12-19
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

El Diablo Posted at 12-19 02:04
Muito obrigado. Is it tap to focus like on the drones or you must permanently keep a finger to correct it?

Feliz natal

Yes, like drones...

Ive made a test with an iPhone 7 (Osmo Mobile 2), close object focus to distant focus....very fast and solid! With Osmo Pocket AFC...to slow and jerky to adjust the focus...

Feliz natal para ti também
2018-12-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

I also have this issue, which appears to be the norm for this firmware. I have a one week window to return this to the retailer, so just to say, I hope to see some fix within a week or a very clear timescale for the fix. If not, it will be returned for a refund.

I don't want to have to connect my phone to tinker with focus modes and to have to monitor it so closely all the time. We should be able to have the confidence to point and shoot without ending up with blurry/pumping focus footage.
2018-12-19
Use props
Brian Scotland
New
United Kingdom

TERRIBLE focus problems....... its almost unusable and when I does seem to be win focus the quality is nowhere here as good as Osmo 1
2018-12-19
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-19 03:04
Hello spicemeister, thanks for heading up. For the AFC issue, please kindly refer to 8# and we'll release on our website if there is anything new.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully these engineers find a fix soon and I can start using it regularly!
2018-12-19
Use props
scott99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76312 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 02:13
In good light AFC seems ok 90% of the time, low light not so good, AFS is fine, haven’t had to much use with it, but quality is very good.
Hopefully an update will sort it, funny enough AFC works pretty filiming yourself.

It's interesting you say that. I purchased my Osmo Pocket at the DJI Experience store in Manhattan NY on 12/17  (great store, if you live in NY you should check it out). Haven't used the Osmo Pocket yet, but while buying it, I asked about the return policy (10 days) because of people complaining about the AF issue.

He mentioned the exact same thing as you, and showed me video footage from HIS Osmo Pocket. And indeed, the AF issue seems to happen MOST of the time in low light situations. His examples were at night with very low light (outdoors). Then he showed me some more outdoor night shots with more light due to him walking near stores that still had their lights on, there was no AF issues. So, I've decided to keep mine, since I think they will fix issues with firmware updates.
2018-12-19
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

10 days that's worse then Best Buy's 14 days. No extension for the Holiday?
2018-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

scott99 Posted at 12-19 11:50
It's interesting you say that. I purchased my Osmo Pocket at the DJI Experience store in Manhattan NY on 12/17  (great store, if you live in NY you should check it out). Haven't used the Osmo Pocket yet, but while buying it, I asked about the return policy (10 days) because of people complaining about the AF issue.

He mentioned the exact same thing as you, and showed me video footage from HIS Osmo Pocket. And indeed, the AF issue seems to happen MOST of the time in low light situations. His examples were at night with very low light (outdoors). Then he showed me some more outdoor night shots with more light due to him walking near stores that still had their lights on, there was no AF issues. So, I've decided to keep mine, since I think they will fix issues with firmware updates.

I had it out in very good light for about 15 minutes today, I had no focus pumping issues, inside it was still there but with when light was good no so much, I found using AFS indoors works fine but you need to tap screen to focus.

Someday I will return to New York to visit the dji store.
2018-12-19
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 12:02
I had it out in very good light for about 15 minutes today, I had no focus pumping issues, inside it was still there but with when light was good no so much, I found using AFS indoors works fine but you need to tap screen to focus.

Someday I will return to New York to visit the dji store.

Weird that you had no issues especially as many people are - are you using the latest firmware? As I heard it wasn't as bad in the original firmware.

I've posted this vid in another thread but just to show that it does still happen A LOT in good lighting conditions, here's some examples:

2018-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

spicemeister Posted at 12-19 12:28
Weird that you had no issues especially as many people are - are you using the latest firmware? As I heard it wasn't as bad in the original firmware.

I've posted this vid in another thread but just to show that it does still happen A LOT in good lighting conditions, here's some examples:

No I’m on new FW, but mine looks like yours but only indoors, I think this should be a small FW and hopefully will come quick.
I have been using AFS and am finding it pretty easy to use but I’ve had to increase the focal range of my glasses (;+)::::::
2018-12-19
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 12:36
No I’m on new FW, but mine looks like yours but only indoors, I think this should be a small FW and hopefully will come quick.
I have been using AFS and am finding it pretty easy to use but I’ve had to increase the focal range of my glasses (;+)::::::

Yeah I do hope this is a quick firmware fix, seems more like a glitch than a need for a whole new autofocus system - great, I'll have to give the AFS a go and see if I can use that for now!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

El Diablo Posted at 12-19 05:36
Hi Susan, appreciate the feedback.

You are welcome. We'll keep following up as well.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

spicemeister Posted at 12-19 09:09
Thanks for your reply, hopefully these engineers find a fix soon and I can start using it regularly!

Thanks for your attention. Our engineers are working on this and we'll keep following up as well. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-12-21
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-21 02:19
Thanks for your attention. Our engineers are working on this and we'll keep following up as well. Hope we can figure this out soon.

Thank you for keeping us updated, I was going to return it today as we haven't heard anything but I think I'll wait for an update now I know the engineers are working on it!
2018-12-21
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

spicemeister Posted at 12-21 05:04
Thank you for keeping us updated, I was going to return it today as we haven't heard anything but I think I'll wait for an update now I know the engineers are working on it!

Thanks for your understanding. The FAQ of Osmo Pocket will be updated continually, you may keep an eye here as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175216-1-1.html
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeffuk Posted at 12-21 05:37
**** The posts are shielded ****

Hi Jeffuk, thanks so much for your feedback. Please believe that DJI would love to provide more chances and amazing experiences for more people to explore the world with our products. We always devote to improving our product and service to bring a better experience for our valued customers. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-12-22
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

El Diablo, I have a pocket and it seems to work simply fine. The osmo comes with a screen you can also use to manually focus, and you can similarly use your phone. Granted, I'm new to the game with photography, but it seems extremely useful for consumers, and active track keeps things well in focus
2018-12-26
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2018-12-27
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello there dji? Please do not fall asleep and come up with the fixed focus firmware update. I think its about time now.  
Thanks
2018-12-27
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronie1965 Posted at 12-27 12:24
Hello there dji? Please do not fall asleep and come up with the fixed focus firmware update. I think its about time now.  
Thanks

Fully agree, I returned mine yesterday as I felt like the issue was being pushed to the side a bit and not addressed and on my particular device seemed worse than some examples I've seen, but as soon as they can 'fix' the issue I'll be buying it again.
2018-12-27
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

spicemeister Posted at 12-27 12:39
Fully agree, I returned mine yesterday as I felt like the issue was being pushed to the side a bit and not addressed and on my particular device seemed worse than some examples I've seen, but as soon as they can 'fix' the issue I'll be buying it again.

I got the go pro hero 7 yesterday as additional to the op. I compared it today( as many on youtube) . I might return the osmo aswell . The focus of the go pro is much better , its infinity. Although i find the colors of the op much dynamic and better then go pro , but if the focus is not working to my liking , then the colors make no difference to me. I hope dji comes before the end of the year with an update.
2018-12-27
Use props
2yProducer
lvl.2
South Korea

There is some rolling issue due to auto focus. It make to spoil video. especially night footage in low light.
2018-12-27
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

Auto focus pumping is really annoying I’m on latest FW and it keeps hunting focus in bright daylight. I switched to AFS it looks much better but I have to keep it in pro mode and if I want to use other video modes then I have to switch out of pro mode. Is there a way to switch to AFS without connecting Osmo to the phone?
2018-12-27
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145489 ft
United States

Ok in full auto 4K30 lets you do tracking no tracking in 4k 60fps
if you use a phone or tablet you can tap on the screen to lock focus on a object but this feature does not work on the camera screen (correct me if I'm Wrong)

2018-12-27
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2018-12-28
Use props
xSeth
New
Flight distance : 40187 ft
France

Hi,

I have this issue this active track !!!!!
I tryed to make a video in 4K 25fps and my subject is blurred and distinct every x second...

The active track does not lock the auto focus???
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

xSeth Posted at 12-28 10:15
Hi,

I have this issue this active track !!!!!

Hi xSeth, we are working on the focus issue and will get it optimized in the future firmware, please note the firmware update, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dojoman Posted at 12-27 21:08
Auto focus pumping is really annoying I’m on latest FW and it keeps hunting focus in bright daylight. I switched to AFS it looks much better but I have to keep it in pro mode and if I want to use other video modes then I have to switch out of pro mode. Is there a way to switch to AFS without connecting Osmo to the phone?

Hi dojoman, our engineers are working on optimizing the focus issue and your suggestion of switching AFC/AFS in the Touchscreen will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry for the inconvenience caused, please note the future firmware update.
2018-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules