Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tallguysd Posted at 12-27 23:56
Ok in full auto 4K30 lets you do tracking no tracking in 4k 60fps
if you use a phone or tablet you can tap on the screen to lock focus on a object but this feature does not work on the camera screen (correct me if I'm Wrong)

Hi Tallguysd, the Active Track is not working on 4K60FPS because the CPU may be overloaded. With the Touchscreen,  we can still tap the screen to focus on an object.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dronie1965 Posted at 12-27 13:43
I got the go pro hero 7 yesterday as additional to the op. I compared it today( as many on youtube) . I might return the osmo aswell . The focus of the go pro is much better , its infinity. Although i find the colors of the op much dynamic and better then go pro , but if the focus is not working to my liking , then the colors make no difference to me. I hope dji comes before the end of the year with an update.

Hi dronie1965, sorry to know you are returning Osmo Pocket, the focus issue will be optimized via the firmware, we will keep improving our products to make your experience with us better.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

spicemeister Posted at 12-27 12:39
Fully agree, I returned mine yesterday as I felt like the issue was being pushed to the side a bit and not addressed and on my particular device seemed worse than some examples I've seen, but as soon as they can 'fix' the issue I'll be buying it again.

Hi spicemeister, the focus issue will be optimized via the firmware update, we will keep improving our products, sorry for the unpleasant experience.
2018-12-29
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Here another example with several parts of the video with focus problems

https://youtu.be/C3wv6UXir7k
2018-12-29
Use props
mavicme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35738 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my Osmo pocket and came here for this issue.  Hopefully a firmware comes out before my return period.. otherwise it's going back and will wait to see if it will be resolved.
2018-12-29
Use props
colsub
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148540 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Focus can be locked ?
2018-12-30
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wait wait. your not allowed to say anything negative about this product. You just scolded me for saying something neg anout Mavic 2 Camera. #Hypacrit
2018-12-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

dronie1965 Posted at 2018-12-27 13:43
I got the go pro hero 7 yesterday as additional to the op. I compared it today( as many on youtube) . I might return the osmo aswell . The focus of the go pro is much better , its infinity. Although i find the colors of the op much dynamic and better then go pro , but if the focus is not working to my liking , then the colors make no difference to me. I hope dji comes before the end of the year with an update.

Over the Christmas period I have used OP with over 2 hours footage in good light outdoors full auto, I’ve not had a single issue with focus pumping, yes in lowlight indoors I have noticed some slight pumping issue but believe a FW update will help with this.
The quotes of unusable footage are just a little exaggerated, this is a consumer camera, it’s not perfect but it does a pretty awesome job outdoors for its class and size.
2019-1-1
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-1 15:12
Man you really need to get your s... together. You know that excess fat can have negative effects in brain activity? How about spending more time trying to get in shape instead of writing in forums? From your avatar photo I can clearly see you need to loose a few pounds. 2019 resolution perhaps?  I just came from the gym and decided to answer to you while taking a dump...

Who said you cannot say anything negative? Read your dozen of posts and see if they make sense to you. The fact that you bought a product that obviously you don’t know how to use or you bought for the wrong usage doesn’t make the product faulty.

F*ck Off Tough Guy!
2019-1-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-1
Use props
DanielVieira
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Well AFS only works "fine" in PRO mode...i like to use this device alone and that switch to AFC...even with good light i get focus pumping and the focus between a close subject to "infinity" is too slow!!

Lets wait for the next firmware update!

Happy new Year!
2019-1-2
Use props
spicemeister
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've officially returned mine as focus pumping happened no matter what the conditions, even in perfect light and I stand by the unusable comment - however I am going to buy another one to see if it differs from model to model as hallmark007 seems to be having better results. Still can't believe we are waiting for this fix though.
2019-1-2
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

There  was terrible problems with the Osmo+ Focus.  And still to this day DJI couldn't be bothered addressing the issue
2019-1-2
Use props
JK-VPO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62116 ft
Czechia

HI, the AFC mode "focus pumping" is still not solved problem. So we have to wait for next FW update .... .
JIRI
2019-1-2
Use props
jedp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991991 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed mine was doing it today in AFC mode - but actually I think it was doing a good job - because the subject was two very long poles leaning against a shed wall at 45 degress towards me... so it was focusing on the beams then the shed wal, the beams then the wall, etc. so it is 'fast' i suspect if you held the device on a tripd or very still it would not be so dynamic and work well

Personally I think it is trying too hard
2019-1-2
Use props
mdalprato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94337 ft
Italy

Hi all,

Same issue here ... this autofocus issue it's very annoing ...
You can see some footage here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... lF/view?usp=sharing
Just keep the eyes on the castle and you will see it going focus and out of focus randomly ....

Bye
2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

Another Pocket owner with focus issues.... this is really poor DJI.
Let’s look at the list of issues;

Focus not working properly
Missing features (Cinelike and Story Mode)
Activation problems
No accessories available a month after release

I could go on and on....
2019-1-7
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

there is a new firmware out did you test it?
2019-1-7
Use props
mdalprato
lvl.2
Italy

trica de Posted at 1-7 02:56
there is a new firmware out did you test it?

Witch one ?
2019-1-7
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

the one from 2019 has been added today!
2019-1-7
Use props
mdalprato
lvl.2
Italy

trica de Posted at 1-7 03:13
the one from 2019 has been added today!

I saw it now ... you're a master !!!
let me test it (for the others .. https://forum.dji.com/thread-176915-1-1.html)
2019-1-7
Use props
mdalprato
lvl.2
Italy

mdalprato Posted at 1-7 03:26
I saw it now ... you're a master !!!
let me test it (for the others .. https://forum.dji.com/thread-176915-1-1.html)

Problem is still there.
Maybe a little less but is still present .. https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... uy/view?usp=sharing
2019-1-7
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Focus pumping is still an issue with this new firmware I'm afraid
2019-1-7
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

where is 24p on the screen?  
2019-1-7
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

I installed the latest firmware and I believe there is definitely an improvement in the AF.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans75420bd1 Posted at 1-7 12:16
I installed the latest firmware and I believe there is definitely an improvement in the AF.

I second that tested in both good light and low light and although there was very slight pumping when changing from good light to low light it was very slight.
2019-1-7
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-7
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145489 ft
United States

Ok I updated to 01.03.00.20 firmware today..

OSMO Pocket’s latest firmware version:
·  Added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings.
·  Added support to shoot 3x3 panorama photos when the tilt axis is between -20° and 80°.
·  Optimized ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo when detecting people’s head and shoulders in camera view.
·  Increased the time that the gimbal is in position to fit into the cover from five to eight seconds.
·  Optimized the focus in some situations.
·  Optimized ActiveTrack when the gimbal is in Portrait and Flashlight mode.
·  Fixed the issue where a red tint appeared when using Auto White Balance (AWB) in scenes that were predominantly green.
·  Fixed the issue affecting some devices where the charging time was slow.

And All I can say is Pumping is still going on!
Face tracking seems to work a little better but still only about 50% of the time (it can be fooled to easy)
why can't DJI just make Selfie mode full range focus no AFC or AFS Crap just act like a point to shoot camera..
2019-1-7
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Sorry, newb here....I meant to say "where is 24fps on the osmo screen?"  adding 25 and 50 does nothing for America.
2019-1-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2019-1-9
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

so, you didn't understand a word of my question...gotcha
2019-1-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2019-1-9
Use props
mdalprato
lvl.2
Italy

I asked for a refund on Amazon.
It's unacceptable that a product like this isn't able to keep the focus steady.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Upscaleman Posted at 1-9 18:37
so, you didn't understand a word of my question...gotcha

You are correct, there is no 24fps on OP, for US you have 29.27 FPS or close to it and 60fps in Europe 25/50 fps and that’s it for now.
2019-1-11
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2019-1-13
Use props
mdalprato
lvl.2
Italy

Avoid the pocket.
This is the answer form the suppor team:

We've got a feedback from our Engineers regards with your concern for Osmo Pocket.
As per them, they already working to solve this problem and please wait for the the firmware upgrade.

----
This is not normal from a company that is soooo famous and that priced the Osmo at 359 € !!
2019-1-14
Use props
JPW1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, I hate to say it, but this is why I never bought a Mavic.  Once I saw how the camera was causing so much confusion with the autofocus, I didn't want it.  I'm still very happy with the video quality on my P3A with no auto-focus and the image is also crystal clear.  However, I got bit with the Pocket and I'm regretting the purchase.  The fact that this device does not act like other action cameras with infinite focus has been a mess.  When the focus is right my image is great, but the gimbal is designed for movement and as you move, the focus is constantly adjusting and at times won't get it right at all.  There are things I don't like about the GoPro 7 Black, but I think the risk is far less that I'll suffer from lost footage from it so I'll probably being moving away from the Pocket and toward the GoPro.  I guess if have time to frame a shot and experiment with getting the focus exactly right then the pocket might be the ticket, but in my case I'm pulling this device out to get a shot quickly.  The pocket has not delivered in that respect and can possibly get worse if you need to move.
2019-2-9
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only thing I can say to all of you is that the is totally overblown. I shot over 250 clips at 4K@30 over a month of traveling in all kind of condition with the OP and I would say that that it was fine 90% of the time and the video quality will blow any fix focus system to hell. The new update show a lot improvements and I expect better performance to come on future updates. Learn to use the OP with it's limitation and it will give you beautiful results.
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules