Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Story Mode in Portrait
13141 26 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ajay Bajaj
lvl.2
Canada

Can someone from DJI confirm that the Story mode will not work in Portrait orientation?

I bought this camera for Instagram stories.

If it doesn't work then I will seriously consider returning it.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward it to our team for further clarifications. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-19
Use props
cmdk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21129 ft
Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-19 10:51
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will forward it to our team for further clarifications. Thank you for the support.

Hi there,
i also bought this Osmo Pocket for social media postings e.g. instagram.
With my osmo mobile 2 is this no problem because i can turn my phone into portrait mode!

The portrait mode is a really missing feature on the osmo pocket!
Timelapse & Motionlapse videos are only possible in landscape mode.

In combination with the wireless connection adapter it would be great for taking videos, stories and other shots, controlled by smartphone

I hope this option will be released in the next firmware update
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cmdk Posted at 1-19 05:16
Hi there,
i also bought this Osmo Pocket for social media postings e.g. instagram.
With my osmo mobile 2 is this no problem because i can turn my phone into portrait mode!

Hi, thanks for the feedback. No worries, we will help you to forward this suggestion with our R&D department to see if we could possibly apply it in the future. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_WEuelp0Nfovj
New

South Korea

A month later and I'm still having the same problem! I bought this for Kwai, TikTok, and Facebook videos which are all done in PORTRAIT mode, but if I try to use portrait while using Osmo Pocket's Story mode, I can't do it. It's the WORST!
2019-2-22
Use props
keyboardpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

I love Portrait mode too. Please add this feature in next update
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_MgMTsyU2yBe0
New
Italy

please add this vertical feature! need it for IG stories
2019-3-25
Use props
djiuser_3a76pwD4OcPl
New

Austria

I don't understand this ... story only in landscape? This is completely wrong. Please add portrait mode! I bought it for Insta, WhatsApp and FB stories.
2020-4-6
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I want a pony!
2020-4-6
Use props
camicov
New

Colombia

Hello!  same request here, I was looking forward to use the osmo on the instagram stories but now i´m very dissapointed.
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_gYsjnnbpptcy
New

Netherlands

Hi, I’ve bought the Osmo mobile 3 as well so my gf could shoot her own stories for Instagram and IGTV for her professional business. Unfortunately story mode as well as other editing features don’t come along in this firmware. Hopefully you guys will pay attention to this very soon as DJI is missing out on the importance of shooting vertical videos on Mobile these days.
2020-8-24
Use props
fans9c2cd73a
New

Ecuador

Same here, with the new OM4 DJI definitely should add an update to support Story Mode in Portrait view, most of social media videos should be posted in vertical
2020-10-2
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

" with the new OM4 DJI"

I think you have the answer ...
2020-10-2
Use props
fansa0222c1f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74229 ft

Germany

Anything new on this topic? Just got the OM4 and this is a real bummer.... not a fan of vertical video but IG stories rely on it

can't be a big thing to switch the input resolution on the editor.
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_kXEUok1jKspY
New

Switzerland

C’est incroyable, j’ai Acheté aujourd’hui le 4 et pas de vidéo stories en portrait??????
Je suis très déçu et ne recommanderais surtout pas cet appareil à mes amis et followers
2020-10-30
Use props
djiuser_loWgTWYAlhzL
New

France

Hi!  is it possible have stories mode in portrait please ?
2020-12-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Portrait mode is for narcissists.
2020-12-16
Use props
djiuser_jZzK8ZTQFIhw
New

Spain

Just got the new Osmo 4 and there is no vertical mode in editor, what is going on? How do we edit videos for tiktok? When are you planning to add this?

Thank you.
2021-1-1
Use props
MinaMark
New

Ukraine

january 2021. story mode still horizontal
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_akzIeq3K1loR
New
United States

Can you please add this! It makes no sense I can’t use the templates in the vertical position. I need them! I was bummed to see how great they were but not be able to use them.
2021-1-31
Use props
Piranessi
lvl.1

Spain

It's ridiculous how incompetent they are. Two years and still the same
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_3mfQwkBT8jcU
New

India

Is the portrait feature for ready templates available in Zhiyun smooth Q3. I purchased DJI om4 today and the portrait story mode is not available and some templates have texts which can't be edited! How ridiculous!
Is zhiyun ZY cami app any better?
2021-9-5
Use props
Godlexik
New
Romania

At least please respond with an "it will be added or not", i want to know if i have to sell my device because it's just not doing what i wanted
2021-12-14
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

It has been so long, I would go with "NOT".

For all you budding vloggers, there are countless videos on transition tips and tricks; maybe make your own "stories".
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_yCCX6SwNqmgB
New

United Kingdom

Please add support for this - it is vital!!
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_1XY4sgSXgpmI
New

Argentina

Vertical mode para modo story dios!!! Que es esto?? Devolvere mi om 5 no puedo creerlo
2022-10-8
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_1XY4sgSXgpmI Posted at 10-8 06:07
Vertical mode para modo story dios!!! Que es esto?? Devolvere mi om 5 no puedo creerlo

Or, you can use other software for your amazing creations!

Your artistry deserves it ...
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules